- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

There is a tiny spoiler from The Job. So in case you don't like spoilers and haven't seen The Job, you might not want to read this.

V.

It was about two weeks after Jim turned down the job in New York, that Jim and Pam announced to the office that they were dating.  It was six months before they decided to move in together.

The Saturday after Jim moved into Pam's apartment, they were lounging around on Jim's old couch when Pam suddenly sat up and asked Jim if he ever thought about what had happened between the two of them.

"What do you mean?"
"Well, you loved me for three years and then you kissed me and moved away.  I broke up with Roy and you got with Karen and then I realized I loved you.  The you broke up with Karen and then we happened."
"Still not getting what you mean." Jim laughed.
"What if there was some way we could have been together from the start? Like, a sign telling us that we were suppose to be together.  Or maybe we were suppose to do this to ourselves?"
"Pam, there were so many signs.  You were just too hard-headed to see them." Jim chuckled at Pam's serious words.
"Hey! I'm being serious"  She swatted at him.
He laughed again.  "Seriously, I think that we are suppose to be here, this way."
"Jim?"
"Yeah?" The tone of her voice was different now; it made him wonder what she was going to say.
"Will you marry me?"

Jim knew, at that instant, that everything they went through, no matter how long it took them to reach this point, it was worth it.

"Why, Miss Fancy New Beesly! I thought I was suppose to ask you?"



Chapter End Notes:
I might have made a few mistakes here and there, I was in a hurry.

Thanks to those who have read and don't forget to review!


office_romance is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Five Times Jim Halpert Fell in Love with Pam Beesly also liked 181 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans