- Text Size +
Or it happens while she's taking a shower. She's always taking showers because her bathroom doesn't have a tub. Her shower is a neat little square, so small she couldn't find a plastic rug to put in it to avoid slipping and cracking open her skull, but she's living life on the edge these days, so she doesn't mind.
It's been months and she's never had the opportunity to wax nostalgic about taking a long hot bath. She's always hurrying somewhere, the embodiment of busyness and impatience, rushing through ice cold showers, half dried hair in a messy bun as she tries to locate something or the other (she's always losing things in this tiny joke of an apartment and still can't remember that the light switches are on the left side of the doors), the remote or a sketch and always ends up with unpleasant surprises (wednesday, 8 am: a half moon apple in the depths of her sofa, responsible for the most recent ant attack). Roy used to complain that she was a neat-freak but here she is tripping over the vacuum cleaner while trying not to burn her eggs. The delay gives her a sense of empowerment, the clutter is her trophy.


partyplanningparaphernalia is the author of 1 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans