- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just giving him a place of his own

She sighed and played with the food on her plate.

“Honey, I thought you would be excited.  First day in 2 years without your braces.”

“Yeah, Daddy, I am.  I just-“ She broke off and looked excitedly at the door.  She could hear her sister’s voice coming down the hall, going on and on about Britney’s scalp or ...something like that.  She rolled her eyes and sat up straighter, her eyes not leaving the door as she smiled and ran her tongue over the newly smooth teeth. He’ll have to notice.  He’s so observant.  So smart and mature.  Kelly is just so wrong for him – he needs a serious girl, like me.

She beamed as her sister burst through the door and he followed, looking tired, or maybe just overwhelmed.  Her father frowned and cleared his throat.  “Loser,” he mumbled under his breath.

“Daddy – he’s in business school.”

There was no more time for words and Kelly swept in and hugged her parents, with him in tow.  “Oooh – let me see!!!!  Oh my god!  They look so good!!!!”  She grimaced as her sister tilted her head this way and that, but it was quickly replaced with a blinding smile as she continued.  “Ryan, look – aren’t they gorgeous?”

“Yeah, sure Kel – they look good.”  He actually looked at her and smiled gently, rolling his eyes at her sister’s enthusiasm.  “Bet you’re happy to be free of those, huh?  I had them for 3 years...”  He was cut off as Kelly squealed and ran to find their other sister, dragging him behind her.  He shrugged and she sighed.  He was so just like Zach Braff sometimes….

 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans