- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

hee

 

 

Manure. Who ever would have thought she would fall in love over manure? Life was just too weird sometimes...

He never spoke, instead stood behind Farmer Schrute as he inspected each load of the odoriferous product. She shuddered as he dug his hands deep into the piles, organic remnants clinging to the hairs of his arms, the pungent smell wafting through the air.

She'd struggle to control her grimace, and her eyes always seemed to find his. He was so silent, always watching, waiting, such a sense of calm behind those pools of brown. Almost like he was waiting... but for what?

"Local Jersey cows, huh? Yeah, this is the good stuff. Do you have the certification?"  The abrasive voice jarred her back to the business at hand. 

She watched as her father haggled with the ornery farmer, then returned her gaze to his, wondering about his life, why he never spoke, why he cut his beard just so, where he lived, how he tolerated the domineering attitude of the four-eyed farmer...

She sighed as she heard the ring of the register, their business was done for yet another season, he'd be leaving her again. Manure....

Maybe she should work more beets into her diet....

 

Chapter End Notes:
that was a story about poop...:)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans