- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
OK, this one is a shorty, but I hope you find it a goody.  It's been bopping around in my head for a while. 

 

"Over the hills and everywherrrre
Go, tell it on the mountain,
That Jesus Christ is booooorn."

He put his heart into his words, enunciating his t's and belting out the familiar words, watching her face change as she sang, an ethereal glow seeming to emanate from beneath her porcelain skin.

He hurried to the front steps as the service ended, blinking in the early morning sunshine.  He milled about, trying to look purposeful as he waited for her to emerge.  His love for her filled him the most on mornings like this, the dew burning off into a gentle mist, the sunbeams shining through the stained glass windows and illuminating her hazel eyes.  Her silky blonde hair was always twisted up, the severity of the style simply accentuating her fervid honor of their devotion.  

He took a moment to fantasize, willing to pay the penance after his confessional. He imagined them, bound in the honor and glory of their Savior, him coming home to her after a day of doing the Lord's good work, her eventually presenting him with two wonderful children.  A tow headed boy, first, strong and sturdy, and afterwards a fine, delicate little girl, both as dutiful and devoted to their faith as their parents.

"Excellent sermon today, Father.  I shall focus my prayer upon those themes this week.  Good day to you."

"Good day to you, Miss Martin, I shall see you next Sunday."

He watched her tiny frame as she walked towards the parking lot, marveling at God's genius in creating such an efficiently constructed form.  He forced his focus to the rest of his flock as he resigned himself to another week of waiting to see her again.

 

Chapter End Notes:
I may have used some artistic license on the color of Angela's eyes.  I tried looking at her pictures, but they just seemed hazel to me.  Let me know if I was wrong and I will change that aspect...

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans