- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I know, it's off season, but I hope that in 'Office-verse' that he really does do it this way

It was his grin.  That's what did it for her.  From the moment she'd guided the twins up his walk, the front windows covered in fake spider webs, the rubber bats dangling off of the "Scott Family" name plate and the scarily simplistic jack o' lantern resting next to his door, she'd known he was, well, different.  

Jared had rung the doorbell, and they'd all giggled as they heard the ludicrous "Wa ha ha ha haaa" instead of the familiar "Ding-dong".  The door had opened with a loud creak and there was a puff of smoke.

He'd hacked and coughed until the smoke cleared, waving his cape around to fan it away.  He'd finally stopped and grinned down at the boys, as if they were in on some incredible joke that the rest of the world was just missing out on.  

"Trick or Tweet!" they'd chorused, Keith's gap toothed grin undermining the menace of the skull and crossbones on his pirate hat.  

"Well - what do we have here?  A very scary pirate and a cowboy!  Are you boys having a good time tonight?"

"Yes sir!  Gee, thanks mister!"  The boys' eyes had widened as he'd held out the plastic pumpkin full of regular sized candy bars for them to select from.  "Wow -you're the coolest mister!  Trick or tweet!"

He'd grinned down at them, the joy at their simple pleasure dancing in his clear blue eyes.  He'd looked up at her then and extended the bucket.  "And for you miss?"

For some reason she blushed, catching his gaze as she politely declined.  "I'll leave it for the kids, thanks."

He'd nodded at her, approving.  "That's what it's all about."  He'd smiled as he stepped back to close the door, and suddenly she'd felt like she was in on the joke too.

 

Chapter End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed...

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans