- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just giving her a place of her own

 

He smiled as he saw her wreck of a van pull up.  Every Tuesday and Friday, like clockwork.  He noted the scowl on her face today and frowned with concern.  Must have been a rough day. 

His eyes lit up as he saw the new shipment of silver plated hip flasks.  They hadn’t been entered into inventory yet….

“The usual?” he asked as she approached with the two bottles, the same every time.  One vodka, one rum.

She seemed to come out of her funk for a moment and smiled at him.  It changed her entire face – her eyes would sparkle and he would lose himself in the sky blue, imagining them at a beach with the sun shining through her red tresses….

“Yeah – rough week.” 

“Hey, good news for you.  Part of a promotion, if you, uh, if you spend more than, uh, $50 in a 10 day period.”  He can’t believe he’s stammering like a prepubescent teen as he hands her the flask.  His fingers brush hers as she grasps it and he’s undone.

“Wow – cool.  Thanks man!”  She beams at him, her eyes sparkling and he notes with a happy sigh the bounce in her step as he leaves his store.  

See ya Tuesday, beautiful.  Have a good weekend.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans