- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A bit of a continuation of the previous chapter.  Hungover Pam.

She's my little rock and roll

My tits and ass with soul baby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

The first thing she feels is a deep throb in her head. She cracks one eye open and it's bright, bright, too bright. She curls over onto her side and pulls the sheet up over her head. Mouth dry, limbs and feet aching. Ohhhh, God. The party.

It was a good party. They had plenty of food, everybody loved the house, karaoke was a huge hit. Karaoke and . . . dancing. Oh, God.

"Miss Lohan, I have your coffee ready. Or would you prefer a vodka and lemonade to start the day?"

"Noooo. Shut UP, Jim."

Jim is sitting at the end of the bed, with a far too amused smirk on his face.

"But, I have so much to tell you! Things you might not remember."

"Is it bad? Was I . . . bad?"

"If by bad you mean 'trying to prove Elizabeth the stripper right - that you could, in fact, strip' - yeah."

"WHAT? Jim don't tease me because I might have to kill you. Is there water? Do we have water in this house?"

When he returns with a glass of ice water and three aspirin, Pam props herself onto the pillows, swallows all three at once and downs half the glass.

"You're totally joking about the stripping, right? I would never do that!"

"That's what I said last night! But when the bump and grind started, I was all, whoa! Beesly's gone and got wild on me! I did stop you before you lost your panties. You're welcome."

"You're lying. I hate you."

"That's not what you told everybody last night."

"Jim! Don't! My head hurts and my feet are killing me. What the hell?"

"You were the dancing queen, Pam. My personal favorite was the pas de deux with Creed - some kind of wild, interpretive dance . . . thing. It involved props."

"Props? Oh my God!"

"And let me just say that you definitely made Kevin's year. He was still giggling when he left."

She slumps down into the covers and tries to pull the sheet back up but he won't let her. He's enjoying this way too much.

"You and Meredith had quite the swing dance thing going for awhile. Until you twirled her and didn't catch her hand. But don't worry...she's fine and I think I can fix the end table."

"Oh, Jim, stop, please! I don't remember any of that! Well, I sort of remember the Creed thing. What props were we using?"

"You had a rolling pin and a wooden spoon you were using for percussion. Creed was playing the paper towel roll."

"Jesus God. Why did you let me drink so much?"

"Let you? Pam, you never stopped moving all night, I couldn't keep track of you!"

"No wonder my feet are killing me."

Jim is still smirking at her as he pulls one of her feet out from under the covers. One hand on her calf and one on the arch of her foot, applying perfect pressure.

"Ohhhhhh. Don't ever stop that."

"Never?"

"Well, until I need a sandwich or something. I don't think I ate last night."

"That explains a lot."

She lets her head fall back on the pillows as her reaches for the other foot.

"Seriously, how much of that is true?"

"Well, you did dance with everyone. Everyone except Angela, but not for lack of trying. Meredith did fall into the end table, but it had nothing to do with you. There were no props and all your clothes stayed on except your bra."

"What?"

"Oh, yeah. I found you on the front porch, doing that magic trick where you pull your bra out of your sleeve. You said it was killing you."

"Was anyone else on the porch?"

"Kevin."

"Oh, God! Jim!"

"What? You were very discreet."

"I have to quit my job now.  Give me the phone, I'm calling Michael."

Jim laughs. Truth is, he'd never seen her enjoy herself so much. Everyone kept saying what a great party it was. He kept saying it was all her. All her planning and her genuine warmth that made everyone at ease enough to really let their hair down. He was so proud of her and so proud to be with her. He wasn't quite sure why, but he felt closer to her this morning than he ever had. Maybe because they had invited all of their friends and coworkers to their home to celebrate. Celebrate new life and second chances and to show everyone what they'd done with theirs. He knew she probably wouldn't remember that moment last night in the kitchen when she threw her arms around his neck, her face alight with so much joy, and told him in between kisses, "we made the best party ever!"

"You made a great party. Everybody had a great time. You were very cute."

"Even with the rolling pin and the dancing?"

"I made the rolling pin up, but not the dancing."

"I hate you."

"No, you don't. And now everyone else knows how much you love me and what an amazing man I am. You said so about 400 times."

"You're making that up."

"Okay, but it's true."

"I need a shower."

"Yes you do and then I have a full day planned. It's after 11:00, Beesly. Jesus, I had to make the coffee and do the crossword myself."

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Just a quick little something to dispatch The Rolling Stones.  Coming up:  Road Trip!!!  Thanks so much for reading.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans