- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So this chapter is in a bit of a different format; hope you guys like it.  As always, this would be nothing without the constant help and encouragement of Cousin Mose.
You have 7 new messages

First message sent today at 12:01 pm

“Okay, Pam, as much as I’d like to, you know, jump in the next cab I see and re-create some chase scene from the movies, I can’t do that.  So just…look, I’m sorry, okay?  That was—no, I was an ass just then and…can we not do this on the phone?  Just, call me back”

Next message sent today at 12:07 pm

“You know what?  ‘Ass’ was too mild of a term.  I’m thinking of much more colorful terms right now and I’m guessing you are too.  So yeah, I’m just…calling again.  To say I’m sorry.  And that I am much worse than an ass.  And…it’s been like, ten minutes and I miss you so…call me back.”

Next message sent today at 12:15 pm

“I’ve been driving around trying to find you and I found a Chili’s.  I’m pretty sure we can sneak you in.  I bought one of those masks just in case, you know the ones with the big nose glasses and mustache?  I think it’ll be a good look for you.  Okay, so…call me back.”

Next message sent today at 12:20 pm

“Did I mention I’m really sorry?”

Next message sent today at 12:30 pm

“So, you’re ignoring my calls, I’m pretty sure.  Which is understandable because that really sucked back there.  Totally uncalled for and…I don’t know, Pam, it’s been a weird day.  Call me back?”

Next message sent today at 12:35 pm

“But actually, here’s the thing, I’m not the only guilty one, okay?  You delivered some pretty low blows back there and I…I’ll just come out and say it, they hurt.  You of all people should know, Pam, whatever the hell I’m doing in this job is not for the long haul.  It’s like I don’t know what else to do with my life because I’m not sure about what I want.  I just…the only thing I’m really sure about is that…I need to find you.  So, I think I’ve said this on every message I’ve left but what the hell.  Call me back.  Please.”

Next message sent today at 12:58 pm

“Alright, I really don’t know what to do anymore.  I guess…I don’t know, I guess I’ll go get coffee or something, wait for you to call me back.  Or maybe you’re already on your way back to Scranton and I’ve just screwed everything up.  Can you just please call me one way or another?  I don’t care if you’re not coming back or what, but I just need to know you’re okay.  I never really wanted to do our goodbye over the phone…actually I never really wanted to do our goodbye at all.  That’s why I kidnapped you.  Sorry, bad attempt at humor.  I just, umm…yeah, just please be okay.  I’ll be at that diner, the one we ate at earlier?    And call me back.  Bye.”

End of messages.

12:59 pm


Chapter End Notes:
Yay?  Nay?  Lemme know!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans