- Text Size +
"Is this alright to wear? It's not too casual, is it?" Pam asked as she emerged from her bedroom. She had quickly changed into a pink summer dress and flip flops, and Jim had to snap himself out a daze to answer her.

"It's great. Yeah, it's totally fine. You look...." Calm down, Halpert. "You look amazing."

"Thanks." She blushed a little and ducked her head, which he always found adorable.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah."

"C'mon," he said, gesturing toward the door.

She locked it behind her and turned to follow him to his car. "So where are we going?"

He stopped in his tracks. "You know, I hadn't thought that far. Any preference?"

"No. Whatever you want."

"OK," he replied, grabbing her hand. "We're drive around and find somewhere." He opened the door for her, then got in on his side and started the car. He looked over and saw the setting sun light up her cheeks.

He was driving towards Cugino's, thinking it would be a safe bet to just go there. Then he heard Pam laughing quietly next to him. "What?"

"Nothing."

"You can't choose 'Nothing.' Why are you laughing?"

She turned to face him, squinting a bit with the setting sun in her face. "There's just this Burger King up here on the right that my parents would take me to when I was a kid. My sister and I once got ketchup all down the front of our shirts and I still remember my mom trying to scold us without trying to laugh. So yeah, random thought in my head. Don't mind me."

He smiled as he turned back to watch the road. "I thought you didn't like ketchup on your fries."

"I don't now, but I used to."

"Interesting."

She gave him a skeptical look from the passenger seat. "'Interesting?' What does that mean?"

He put on his blinker and turned into the Burger King parking lot. To hell with Cugino's. He was getting tired of trying to make sure every date was perfect and well thought out.

"It means we're having dinner at Burger King."

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans