- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Thanks to angryhaiku for the beta and to sherlockelly for the brainstorming.

 

A few weeks ago they had gotten in to a fight when he refilled her birth control prescription at the end of the month. It wasn’t the first time he’d done it, but it was the first time he’d done it since she’d decided she wanted to have a baby.

----------

“I was thinking maybe we could…you know.”

“Go back to condoms?”

She’d rolled her eyes.

“Pam, what?” He laughed incredulously. She was being difficult.

“Just…we could
try.” It could hardly be called a mumble.

“Try?” He’d placed his palms on the counter bending his neck to try to look in to her face.

“To have a baby!” Her head shot up. And his tongue grew to about three times its normal size, “Jim?”

“I…” He rubbed his forehead and gave her a half smile.

“I was just thinking. I mean…it was just a thought I had. We don’t—just forget I said anything.” She grabbed the paper sack that held her pills and his brow furrowed.

“No!”

She turned back to face him and her eyes were as big as saucers. Or. Maybe full plates.

“I mean…no. Don’t just brush that off. You can’t just take back…
that.”

“I…”

“You really want to have a baby?” Every feature on his face softened and he took the pharmacy bag from her, holding on to her hand.

“I mean…” Her eyes fled his face.

“Pam.”

“Yes,” she looked back in to his eyes, “Yes, I do.”

----------

They’d used a condom that night, not sure what the procedure was for going from birth control to baby making, and made an appointment with her doctor the next day. That was three weeks ago.


“Hey, Jim.”

“Hey, what?” he mocked, turning the television down a couple of notches when she took a seat beside him.

“Let’s go to bed.”

“Well, if you insist.” It was 8:30 pm. And he knew what going to bed at 8:30 pm meant. She smiled and took his hand, walking down the hallway.

“You’re pretty,” he whispered in to her hair.

“Oh, please. You’re already getting laid.”

He smiled and shook his head; nudging her on to the bed and lying beside her, “Kiss.”

She bent forward and pressed her lips against his.

“Mmm…”

“Really?” she asked, toying with the neck of his t-shirt.

“It’s been a long time.”

“It’s been a week.”

“Longest week of the month.” He feigned exasperation.

“You should stop talking now,” she nodded. He nodded back, kissing her again. They undressed quicker than usual and he rolled up beside her to press their bodies together. He could feel her breasts against his chest and he reached down between her legs to touch her there. He lightly caressed her outer lips, barely dipping his fingers inside her when he reached her opening.

She sighed, “That feels good.”

“Yes, it does.” His cock hardened, pressed against her thigh, and he shifted to rub against her. She hitched her leg over his hips and scooted further against him and he put his hand on her waist, closing his eyes as she thrust against him. He could see that foreplay was not in the cards tonight. He captured her lips in his and kissed her sloppily, grunting in to her mouth. He reached over her to grab a condom but she pushed him back.

“We don’t need those anymore.”

His heart fluttered in his chest and he lost his breath.

“No. I guess…I guess we don’t,” We don’t. We don’t need a condom and we haven’t been on the Pill in a few weeks. He allowed her to roll him on top of her, while she settled on her back, spreading her legs for him. He pushed himself up on his elbows and looked down at her. Was this no different to her than any other night? Was she seriously not conscious of the fact that this night could potentially change the rest of their lives? Her legs rose on either side of him and she took him in her hand, pressing him at her entrance.

“Jim…” She hummed out the end of his name and raised her hips as he pushed inside her, kissing her shoulder and making a few shallow thrusts, the way she liked, his base putting slight pressure on her clit. He angled his hips to press deeper into her and she clutched at his shoulders. All she could think about was how good he felt inside her. All he could think about was how this might be the night. The one they would recall later in life. Yeah, I was watching SportsCenter and your mom came in wearing a pair of my basketball shorts and an extra large Dunder Mifflin t-shirt—Which, wow, so irresistible—and nine months later there you were. He tried to concentrate on the feeling of her tight around him, her hard nipples brushing against his chest. Was he going to be a dad? Seriously? Could he do that? Could he do this? Oh, God. What if he couldn’t? He’d never had any sort of tests done. What if it never happens and… His jaw clenched and he stared holes in to the pillow beneath her head. Thrusting evenly in and out of her.

“Jim.”

His eyes shot to hers.

“Where are you?”

He bent down to kiss her cheeks, shifting his hips to thrust deeper inside her, “I’m here. I’m here.”

“No,” she almost laughed, “No, you’re not.”

His eyebrows knit, and he slowed to a halt.

“What’s wrong?”

He took a breath and rolled off her, “I’m sorry.”

“For what?” she propped herself up on her elbow and looked down into his face. Her hair was brushing against his chest and neck, and that felt good. He blinked hard and let out a frustrated sound.

“I just—I’ve never done this when that wasn’t something I was being really careful to avoid.”

“When—what?”

“Getting someone pregnant.”

“Getting…Jim,” she laughed lightly, “I’m not someone. I’m your wife.”

“Yeah…and this is like. The most important thing I’ve ever had to count on myself to do. And you’re…you're counting on it too.”

“Jim…this isn’t a job you have to do. It’s…” her face softened, “I don’t want you to feel that way about this.” They were silent for a while, just looking at each other.

“I really love you,” he said, lacing his fingers with hers on his chest.

“I really love you too,” she moved her hand to his cheek.

“I’m sorry I’m being weird. I just…can’t stop my mind from just thinking.”

“Do you want to wear a condom? Would that help? I could poke a hole in it. Broken condoms always seem to work with teenage pregnancy—”

“You are so not funny. Are you really insulting my manhood while I’m lying hear naked with an erection?”

She made a face and looked down and he noted that he had, indeed, softened considerably since a couple of minutes before.

“Wow.” He shook his head at her and covered himself with the sheet.

“Jim…I’m not insulting your manhood. I just…” she pushed the sheet back down his body and crawled on top of him. “I really want to have sex with you right now.”

“You really want to have my sperm for your baby-making,” he mumbled, rolling his eyes at her attempts to get him back in the mood. She laughed and it caused her breasts to sway in his face. What was he really so worried about? This was Pam. This was he and Pam trying to have a baby. How could that, which had made him giddy for days after they’d talked about it, be such a show stopper? He looked at her, and pushed her hair behind her ear. She smiled and grabbed his wrist, kissing his palm softly. He was so comfortable with her. So in love with her. And frankly, he was really good at having sex with her.

“Seriously, the odds of this being the time are just…really slim,” she murmured against his thumb, which was rubbing over her lips.

“Yeah?”

“Yes.”

“We’ll see about that.”


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans