- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thanks for the reviews so farr (: I don't really know what else to say, but keep 'em comingg !

“Hey, Halpert!” Roy screamed. He was furious.

 

Jim felt all of the color rush out of his face. Pam sat still, paralyzed.

 

“Get your hands off my fiancé!” Roy pulled Jim out of the fort, with Pam following close behind.

 

All of a sudden, Roy pushed Jim. He landed on the cold, hard floor.

 

Jim felt a sharp pain running to his head and heard Pam scream his name. Then all of a sudden, he blacked out.

 

Pam flew down to the ground to wear Jim was. She felt the tears falling down her cheeks and watched as they dripped onto the wound on his head. She stood up in a fury and looked Roy straight in the eye.

 

“Roy, we need to talk. Now.”

 

Pam grabbed Roy by the arm and pulled him through the dark office, and into the hallway. She grabbed the piece of paper she wrote on while walking out. When she was sure nobody was around her, she threw the note at him along with her engagement ring.

 

Roy knew what was coming.

 

“Pam…”

 

“Roy, I have listened to you long enough. It is your turn to listen to me for a change. Now, I wrote on that note later in the day telling you that we needed to talk. It explained how I didn’t feel like I could go through with the wedding and how we should try spending some time apart. But now, after seeing what you did to Jim, I’m flat out ready to end this whole relationship. Telling you that I love you only feels like a lie. Each time I kiss you, I can’t help but think I should be kissing somebody else. I’m sick and tired of having to give you your every want and need. I’m sick of you bossing me around. Most of all, I’m sick of you showing such a strong loathe to my best friend.”

 

He was speechless. At that moment, he would do anything to have her stay. It hit him what he had just did, punching Jim. What was he thinking? He began to realize his mistakes and how outrageous he had acted towards her.

 

This time, when Pam looked into his eyes, she saw he was hurt. She could tell he was on the verge of tears. She noticed how harsh her words must have sounded.

 

“Roy….”

 

“No, Pam… You’re exactly right. You don’t deserve me. But couldn’t you have told me how you felt 10 years ago? This hurts…”

 

“I know. I know it hurts. It hurts me too. But I know that if I married you…. I wouldn’t truly be happy.”

 

Pam felt the tears trickling down her cheeks too. She tried to hold them in, but just couldn’t. Roy reached out and hugged her. This time, she accepted his embrace.

 

“It’s okay Pam. You deserve to be with somebody else who appreciates you more.”

 

He let go of his embrace and kissed her cheek one last time before walking away.

 

It took all of this a while to finally hit Pam. As soon as she collected her thoughts and the tears stopped, she walked back into the break room. She saw Jim sitting in a chair looking confused.

 

“Pam?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“How come my head is bleeding?”

 

He smiled at her, and she smiled back. She knew that he knew exactly what happened.

 

“Let’s get you some ice for you head,” Pam said. She stood up and went to get some ice. She was utterly surprised with how well Jim was taking this, considering the fact that Roy had just tried to kill him.

 

She walked back in the break room and pulled a chair right next to where Jim was sitting.

 

“This may sting a little,” she said

 

“Okay Doctor Beesly. Do I get a sticker afterwards?”

 

Pam laughed and cleaned his wound. Then, she stuck the pack of ice to his head. His head wasn’t nearly as bad as she thought; it was just bleeding a lot. Pam took of the ice pack after a while. It had silent for quite some time now until Pam knew she had to say something.

 

“Jim… look. I’m really sorry about Roy. I never suspected he would do that. He really isn’t a bad guy and he hardly acts the way he has been lately. And—”

 

“Pam, don’t worry about it. I mean, you are engaged and—”

 

“No. I… I’m actually not engaged anymore. I called it off.”

 

Jim was speechless. He was secretly thrilled but he didn’t know if it was necessarily a good thing. When he finally managed to said something, his voice sounded throaty.

 

“Oh…. Um….. Wow. Are you…. are you okay?”

 

“I’m actually doing better than I thought. When Roy engaged, I said yes because it was what I had always dreamed of. I was so excited and I just jumped to conclusions that getting married would be great. I didn’t realize that I didn’t love him. I never really did.”

 

Now, Jim really didn’t know what to say.

 

“I should have told myself that a long time ago. I should have told myself when…. okay. Let me start over.”


Pam took her hands out of her lap and placed them on the table. She took her stare away from them and looked at Jim. When he met her gaze, he saw she her eyes were glazed over with tears.

 

“When I met you, I always thought of you as my best friend. I never had a best friend until I met you. When you would walk up to my desk and lean over, I would get a feeling that I never got around any body else. I told myself that everybody felt that way around their best friend. That was just an excuse, because deep down I knew there was more to it than that.”

 

Jim saw a single tear run down her cheek. He has wanted to hear this for… actually, he doesn’t know how long. He has to keep telling himself that it isn’t the time or place to kiss her.

 

She took a deep breath before continuing.

 

“The feelings have grown stronger. I always feel like I need to be in the same room with you otherwise I would explode. Today I finally let myself come to terms with the fact that I wasn’t meant to be with Roy. I was meant to be with you.”

 

Now, Jim could feel a tear go down his cheek.

 

“Pam, I… I’m really don’t know what to say to that…”

 

“You don’t have to say anything. Just … Just let me do this.”

 

She turned to where she was really facing him and moved her hands on his neck. Then, she closed the space between them and their lips met.

 

He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer. He never, ever wanted to let go. Her lips were so warm and they moved perfectly across his own. A tear went made its way down his cheek and into his mouth.

The kiss was a sweet one. It wasn’t too passionate, yet at the same time it was.

 

At one point, Jim felt her mouth open. He glided his tongue gently across her lip. He was going to take the kiss for granted. He had wanted this so long. He had dreamed of it ever since he first met her.

 

She had too.

 

It ended all too quickly. When their lips parted, Jim still held on to her. Their noses rubbed against each other and they were both smiling.

 

“I have waited so long for this moment,” He said

 

“Me too,” Pam replied quietly.

 

Me too. Jim felt like he was dreaming.

 

Pam ran her hands slowly down his chest and placed her hands in his. This sent shivers down his spine.

 

“Am I dreaming? Pinch me,” Jim said. Pam did as he asked and pinched him.

 

“I didn’t mean technically!” he said.

 

They both started laughing.

 

“Way to ruin a moment Beesly!” He slapped her playfully on the arm.

 

It was quiet for a moment until Pam spoke.

 

“Jim?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I love you.”

Chapter End Notes:

This isn't the endd ! there are actully quite a few chapters left.

But i will not post another chapter until you review !

Reviews are the Golden Ticket to another chapter (:


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans