- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This diary entry is set after The Pilot.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

From the Diary of Pam Beesly

I've decided to start keeping a journal. I've been feeling really bored and unsatisfied with my life lately and I remembered my counselor in high school telling us that we should write down our feelings to help us work things out. I figure it can't hurt. Maybe by writing things down, I'll be able to read stuff through and realize that my life isn't as dull and pointless as I sometimes feel it is.

So...I'm not really sure where to start. My name is Pam Beesly. I am a receptionist at a paper company called Dunder Mifflin. I am engaged to my high school sweetheart Roy Anderson who works in the warehouse at Dunder Mifflin. We've been engaged for almost three years now. Um...some of the people I work with are a little strange. My boss, Michael Scott, is incompetent. He's really not a good manager and he's more concerned with making everybody like him than us actually getting our work done. One of the salesmen, Dwight Schrute...well, there are not words descriptive enough to give a clear picture of who he is. You have to see it to believe it.

There is one person though, who makes life at Dunder Mifflin bearable. Jim Halpert. He's a salesman. He could be a lot higher up in the company if he put forth a little more effort, but I'm not complaining. I don't know how I would get through the day here without him. He is one of my closest friends.

Something strange happened at work yesterday. Apparently, someone is doing a documentary about working in an office and they've picked our small workspace. So now, every day a few cameras follow us around and sometimes they pull us to the side and ask us questions.

Michael introduced me to the cameras. It was uncomfortable. I found out his true feelings for me...that he found me attractive a few years ago. I guess I've lost some of that attractiveness however. Of course, it's not like I try to look nice at work. I mean, why dress up? If I just pull my hair back and wear my button up shirt I am more comfortable, I get to sleep in an extra fifteen minutes, and I don't have to field inappropriate looks from Michael all day. Not to mention, there's no one to dress up for. Roy doesn't even notice if I put in a little extra effort into my looks.

Anyway, Jim pulled a prank on Dwight today. It's the third time he's pulled this particular one and Dwight's reaction was priceless. He was going to brag about some weird ninja thing he has and when he went to get the pictures out he found his stapler in a mold of green jell-o. I don't know how Jim kept a straight face...I burst out laughing.

Jim invited me to go get a drink with him and some of the other guys after work. I really wanted to go, which is actually a little strange, because I usually watch the clock all afternoon waiting to get out of there. But Roy said we have stuff to do so I just went home with him. Guess what we've been doing all night...we made microwave dinners and watched the Phillies game. I guess it's not really a big deal.

Oh yeah, Michael decided to fire me as a joke. I think that's all that needs to be said about that...except that, as much as I really don't like this job and as much as I would love to be a famous artist somewhere, I really was upset by the idea that I wouldn't work here anymore.

I guess that's it for today. Roy is starting to snore right now and if I don't fall asleep before it gets really bad, I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight.

 

Chapter End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed this.  It will basically be Pam's inner thoughts episode by episode.  Let me know what you think!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans