- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is based the "Diversity Day" episode.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter Two: Jewish?

Okay, so I read last week's entry to my mom and she told me that I need to write my real feelings. She said that if I try to be polite then I'm not going to be working through any of my problems. Her exact words were "If you can read this to me without feeling embarassed or uncomfortable, you're not being honest enough." I don't know about that, but I guess I'll try to be more honest.

I was really tired today. Roy and I got into a fight about when we are going to get married (again) last night. So I spent half the night fighting and the other half crying and slept maybe four hours.

Today was diversity day in the office. Honestly, it was ridiculous. Nobody in the office says inappropriate things or acts inappropriately except for Michael. Mr. Brown's presentation, while a good presentation, was completely unnecessary. Michael's presentation ("Diversity Day...Take 2") on the other hand was stupid. I was so excited because I was on pace to break my record of most FreeCell games played in an 8 to 5 work day, but Michael crushed that dream. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

We played possibly the most offensive game ever. We put cards with different "races" on our forehead and then had to guess what ours was and give clues to someone else. So basically we had to say things based on untrue stereotypes. I was "Jewish." There was also "Jamaican", "Italian", and Michael was "Martin Luther King, Jr."

Jim didn't get a card. He left the meeting when his phone rang before Michael handed out the cards. Normally, I would say that he got lucky, but I know he was having a really bad day. Today was supposed to be his biggest sale of the year. Dwight kept him from being able to make the sale earlier today and then the diversity day presentations kept him from making it later on. Very rarely have I ever seen Jim that stressed out or upset.

He seemed to be in a pretty good mood at the end of the day, even though Dwight stole his sale. I guess I fell asleep on his shoulder during the meeting. He was really sweet about it. He just nudged me awake and smiled at me. I was a little embarassed, to be truthful. He didn't say anything about it, but still...I guess I shouldn't be embarassed.

Anyway, after work I went home and took a nap. I was in a much better mood when I got up and Roy brought me dinner. We still didn't talk about the wedding. I didn't want to fight again. Instead, we ate dinner and then went out to watch our high school's homecoming game.

It was weird being back in that stadium. Roy and I go to the homecoming game every year, and every year I feel more and more ridiculous sitting there surrounded by students. It's the same though...in high school I only went to the games for Roy, to watch him play. Now, I only go to the games for Roy because he still likes it. I guess that's what a relationship is really about, give and take. Right?

Anyway, our high school beat Bishop O'Hara, so Roy is in good spirits. This weekend should be fun. Tomorrow we're driving to Roy's parents' house to have dinner with them and I'm going to try and talk Roy into driving by my parents' house on our way back. It's a little bit out of the way but it's been a while since I've seen my mom.

Chapter End Notes:
Health Care is next!  Thanks for reading!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans