- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is based on "The Alliance"

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter Four: Warehouse Floor

Today was...weird. Parts of it were amazing. Jim pulled the greatest prank EVER on Dwight. But, other parts weren't so great...like Roy nearly killing Jim.

I guess I'll start with the good stuff first.

We goofed around a lot at work. Michael decided we needed a morale booster and threw a surprise party for Meredith even though her birthday isn't until next month. We got ice cream cake and put up some streamers. Angela was being particularly nasty today. She called my choice of green streamers "whoreish." How are green streamers whoreish? That makes absolutely no sense. Anyway, it doesn't really matter.

Jim. What can I even say about Jim? He is amazing! He is an evil genius. Dwight wanted to form an alliance with Jim to protect them if downsizing happens. I guess he thinks we're in some sort of weird office survivor thing. Anyway, Jim, realizing that this is a perfect opportunity to mess with Dwight, joined forces with him. I pretended that I had a lot of information on a secret meeting one of the other "alliances" was holding in the warehouse. I'm not sure how, but Jim managed to convince Dwight that he needed to get taped into a box on the warehouse floor so that he could overhear their conversation.

Obviously there is no other alliance. It was my job to go down to the warehouse and pretend to be on the phone with someone else. I was having a hard time keeping it together as it was, but when that box tipped over, I lost it. I went running out of that warehouse so fast. I could barely tell Jim what had happened I was laughing so hard.

I don't know how he does it, but Jim took it even further. He somehow managed to convince Dwight that he needed to spy...yes, spy...on the Stamford branch...in disguise. Wow! How does he do it? So, before Roy and I left work today we saw Dwight walk out of the office with blonde hair. It would have been funnier if Roy and I hadn't been arguing, but I'm laughing now...so...

I guess that leads us to the bad stuff.

In spite of the fact that Michael is ridiculous and his party didn't help at all, things have been a little down around the office lately. There have been a lot of rumors about downsizing and as much as this job drives me crazy, I would be upset if I was fired.

Anyway, I wish that being worried about my job security was the biggest reason that today wasn't perfect, but it's not. When Jim was telling me about Dwight wanting to spy on Stamford, I guess...it's so ridiculous...I guess Jim and I got really close because we were laughing and he was talking softly and I guess it looked a little suggestive. Anyway, Roy walked in and flipped out. He charged Jim and for a few seconds there I thought he was actually going to hit him.

I can understand why Roy was mad. I imagine it didn't look too good, but Roy and I have been dating for almost nine years. He should trust me by now. I know he gets tired of hearing me talk about what Jim and I do at work, but he shouldn't be jealous. He knows that Jim and I are just friends.

We argued all the way home and all the way through dinner. We've been fighting a lot lately. I'm tired of it though and I told Roy that we weren't going to bed until we'd talked this one out. He told me I was nagging and reading too much into it at first, but we actually managed to fix this one. He told me the reason he freaked out was because he loves me so much that he couldn't stand the idea of another man being that close to me. Isn't that sweet? I mean, he still didn't have to attack Jim, but it was a sweet gesture...kind of.

Chapter End Notes:

The hardest thing to write is Pam in love with Roy.  The JAMing part of me wants so badly to make her hate him and love Jim, but I know she wouldn't have almost married him if she didn't love him at all, even if Jim is her true love.

 Basketball is next.  This was my favorite episode of season one so...yay!  Review if you feel so inclined please.  Otherwise, have a nice day!


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans