- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is based on the episode "Basketball."  Also, I just wanted to say that as I was scanning the "Most Recent" page on fanfic, I noticed that there was another Pam diary fic.  I just wanted to say that I am not stealing any ideas from that person.

Disclaimer: I do not own anything. Seriously...nothing.

Chapter Five: Basketball

Roy and I have been getting along really well ever since we talked about what happened with Jim last week. It's been really nice. It has felt a little more like when we first started dating. I guess I feel more appreciated, or something. It's nice.

The office team took on the warehouse in basketball today at lunch. Roy played really well and so we came home and had a really...um, relaxing evening. We just stayed in and...well, you know.

Anyway...the work day didn't start out too well. Our toaster oven broke this morning and I had to call the company and try to get them to give me a new one. The warantee had expired though, so, no new toaster oven. I guess I'll go buy a new one this weekend. Speaking of the weekend, Roy and I are going to the lake with Kenny and the wave runners, so I'm excited about that. I usually don't get to ride the wave runners for very long because Roy and Kenny like to race and play chicken, but maybe I'll try and get a tan.

Jim was really excited to play basketball today. He kept bragging about being on Varsity in high school. He actually was really good. I mean, I've always known Roy was good at basketball, but it was fun watching Jim play. I found myself cheering for him. I mean, I should cheer for him, he's my best friend, but I actually got more excited when Jim was doing well than when Roy was.

Roy accidentally hit him in the face. I mean, I know it was an accident now, but for a second I was really afraid that Roy had done it on purpose because of what had happened last week. Jim didn't make a big deal about it though. He played a little more aggressively after that (which proceeded to make Roy angry) but he didn't retaliate or anything.

Michael was ridiculous. He also kept bragging about how good he is at basketball, but unlike Jim, he had no skills at all. He kept going for these really long shots that weren't even close to the net and missing easy lay-ups. I was even embarassed for him.

The office team really turned it on after Jim told Michael that he was going to cover Roy. Um...okay, I know this sounds really bad, and I'm not sure exactly what happened...but there was one point in the game after Jim made a really good shot, and as he was running back to the other end he smiled at me and the next thing I knew...I'm sure it doesn't mean anything...but I think I was kind of checking Jim out. I mean, not in like a "ooohh, Jim's hot" kind of way, but just noticing that he is...you know...good looking. I mean, obviously I think Roy is very attractive but it was just like as Jim was running by I was just thinking about how Jim is good looking, too.

Anyway...Michael made an idiot out of himself by acting like he was fouled and ending the game after he found out that the office team was ahead. He didn't make the warehouse workers come in on Saturday (yay, we're going to the lake) and Jim text messaged me later saying that he didn't have to work either.

All in all, it was a pretty good day. Any time that we get an extended break from work is good.

Roy is asleep now and I should probably join him because we have to get up early tomorrow morning. Hopefully he's not too sore from the basketball game to enjoy being on the wave runner all day tomorrow.

Chapter End Notes:

I hope you enjoyed it.  I'm excited to do "Hot Girl" diary entry, but also a little scared.  I have to figure out a way for Pam to be jealous without knowing she's jealous.  Also, I find myself wanting to write Jim's POV too.  Maybe that will be a sequel to this story.  *shrugs*  Anyway, if you feel so inclines, please leave a review.

 Thanks everyone!


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans