- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Enjoy! Oh, and go see Walk Hard!!

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Pink flowered headbands

 

Wow. I had so much fun this weekend. Hannah is such a sweet girl. I can see how much you love her when you play with her. The fair was pretty fun. It’s always fun to watch little kids enjoy rides that really should make kids throw up their livers or something. Anyway, Jim, she’s so adorable. I love the curly blonde hair. It’s just so adorable.

Did you see her face when we were watching Pretty in Pink? I really honestly think she enjoyed it, even amidst the “oh my god”s and “gross”s. She totally loved it. However cute she was while you were there, she was extra cute when you retired to your little boy’s bedroom. We stayed up late and chatted about boys and brownies and best friends and puppies. It was really fun. And, I just think you should know that we are friends now. And she adores me. So there. Your niece is my new best friend. Whatcha gonna do, Halpert?

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Pulminectories

Wow, I don’t know if it’s more pathetic that your best friend is eight or that you think I care?

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: #2 Pencils

You do care.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Scrubs

You’re right, I do care. And thanks for being there for her. She really needs someone to talk and laugh with right now. I can’t tell you how much it means to me. You’re a really great friend, Beesly.

I got a phone call from her last night telling me how much she adores you. She asked for your phone number, and I hope you don’t mind, but I gave it to her… She just pleaded and prodded.

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: On-call room?

I don’t mind at all, Jim. Just as long as I get to put hers in my phone, too.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Butterfly earrings

Okay, so…. Question eleven?

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Argyle

Wow, I’m so glad our relationship has become one of questions and answers, and not true communication.

I’m just kidding. Lay it on me.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Bread

Question eleven: Are you free for dinner tonight?

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Teletubbies

Jimothy. That is a kind of lame question. Not only is it not more personal than our latest cries, but it is also obvious because I’m a single girl. Of course I’m free for dinner tonight. I’m free or dinner every night. Can you please give me the real question now?

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: High School Musical

No, Pam, I meant… are you free for dinner tonight? Can I take you out to dinner, on a date? Please tell me that’s more personal than crying… And I want you to be completely truthful with your answer, don’t say yes unless you really want to go.

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Italian Food

I’ve decided that you can take me out to dinner tonight. Nothing fancy or foreign, no bars, no patios, no vegetables, and no seafood.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Aliens

Is this Pam?

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: The New Testament

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. I had to give some boundaries…

Before I truly answer, what possessed you to ask me out on a date?

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Tortoises

You’re really scaring me, Pam. C’mon. I put myself out there, and you’re not even telling me what side you’re leaning toward.

I asked you out on a date because I want to be more than just best friends. And I care about you, and I want you to be happy, and I think I can make you happy if you let me. After all, you make me happy.

Besides, after I typed out my vision of the perfect girl in response to your last question, I realized you fit every one of those requirements. And, for an added bonus, you play laser tag.

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Patricia Stevens

I’m just Pam, receptionist, 27, Pennsylvania. You know that, right?

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Casual Fridays

Yes… and I like that.

Please answer. Why are you holding off on me? Your answer isn’t acceptable yet.

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: iPods

Well, where would a guy like you take a girl like me?

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Words: 792

Well, I already took you to a play, a rooftop dinner with grilled cheese, and swayed to an iPod with you, so I’m not really sure. I was thinking maybe dinner and then a walk around “Lake” Scranton.

Or maybe we can play Frisbee together…

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Topless babes

On a scale of 1-10, how nervous are you right now?

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: You are so mean

I’m like a 12, okay. Now will you please answer the question? Can I take you out to dinner tonight?

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Spider Solitaire

Jim, of course you can take me out to dinner.

Now, time to answer your own question. Are you free for dinner tonight?

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Sleeves

No, I’m not free for dinner tonight. I have a date with a woman with awesome legs. Maybe tomorrow night, if you ask before she does.

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Turabian

I’m sure she’ll beat me to the punch.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Classic Cookies

I sure hope so.

I’ll pick you up at seven?

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Best friends

Okay, seven works. And it’s not a school night, so we can stay out later!!

I can’t wait to call Hannah and tell her. We’ve been talking about this.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: LIAR

You are Dwight. Your dentist’s name is not Crentist!

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Cuginos

You’re right, it’s not. He’s Dr. Barr.

And we have too.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: NO WAY!

I go to Dr. Barr too! SWEET!

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Orange

Really? What color toothbrush did he give you last time? I got the orange one with little flowers on it.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Knock-Knock

I got the Superman one. Up, Up and Away!

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Spell check

Well, good to know that if we ever pull a Disney ending neither of us will have to change dentists.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Flounder!

I would change dentists for you.

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: You killed my father! Prepare to die!

Thank you?

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Pink polka dots

My doctor is Dr. Bales.

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Larissa Halpert

Are you telling me all of this so you can change your mother from your emergency contacts?

PS. I would change dentists for you too.

Chapter End Notes:

Teaser: Next chapter is deep, longer emails... And, they're finally together, so....?

Review, please!


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans