- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Okay, first of all, it's really important in this chapter that you pay attention to the To/From lines because not everything is a volley back and forth. Also, the time between emails isn't listed, so you'll have to imagine it. Obviously, sometimes the emails will be back and forth, other times they'll be lots of space in between. However you imagine it, that's probably the way it is.

Disclaimer: Don't own 'em.

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Michael

Jim… I’m pregnant. I don’t know what to do.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Croutons

I didn’t know Freddie was that type of vibrator, Beesly.

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: JIM!

Are you insinuating that I can’t get someone to have sex with me?

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Brown Rice

No… I’m insinuating that you’re not the type of girl to have sex with a random womanizer.

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Love actually

How do you know he was random?

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Iyiyi

You’re not the type of person to not tell your best friend you have a man. If you are, I’m really hurt.

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Bras

I never said you were my best friend.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Oh.

Question seven: Who was the closest person to you to die?

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: No

I’m sorry I hurt your feelings, Jim.

I’m not answering that.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: It’s like fourth meal… or second drink.

You have to answer it, Beesly. It’s part of the game.

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Pampers

Then I quit.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Bathroom

Hey… are you okay? I almost sent Angela in to rescue you from the claws of the evil Porcelain god.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Sun chips

Pam, please. I saw you open your email. I know you’re ignoring me… Please talk to me.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Slap Bet

Okay, I screwed up. I’m taking my break now. I’ll have French Onion Sun Chips and a coke and two straws in the break room for the next twenty minutes if you want to hear me grovel for forgiveness.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Lisa Frank

Please. Pam, now I’m just really worried about you. I’ll redact my question, just… are you okay? Is it about the sex thing? I know you can have sex with lots of men. Plenty of them would jump in your bed.

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Water

Yes, Jim, I’m fine. And it’s not about the sex thing. It’s about the stupid question you asked. Don’t redact it, just give me a little leeway on answering it, okay? I need to get calm.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Thank You

I still have those sun chips if you want them….

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Okay

I only want them if you’ll take another break and split a coke in the break room with me. I think I just need a few laughs :)

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Hmm

Two straws, one coke, fifteen thousand laughs await you in the parlor room, milady (aka, come to the break room on my cue… my cue is when I stand up)

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Big girls don’t cry

Okay, so, your question.

I grew up in Scranton, so obviously, everybody knew everybody and everybody knew everything about everybody… We’d all grown up together. Well, my best friend from pre-school, Abby Richards, and I were pretty much inseparable. I swear, we did everything together, from playing on the playground together to skipping class to drinking in the bathroom so our parents wouldn’t find out… Our senior year, we had six classes together, and it brought us even closer together. To the point where we lived at each other’s houses all the time. Half her wardrobe was at mine and vice versa. Well, we were in this language arts class together, and Roy and this guy Brian were in it too. We were kind of like a little foursome, and before we knew it, Brian and Abby were dating and Roy and I were dating and that was just that… Well, we all went out one Friday night to a hockey game and then we got pizza afterwards. We were all going to go to Brian’s house that night for a movie. Brian and Abby were leading, and Roy and I were following, and we’re not sure what happened but somehow Brian swerved off the road and hit a tree… He and Abby both died instantly.

Okay?

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Blue skies don’t bother me

Meet me in the stairwell, now.

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Watercolors

Hi,

Thanks for listening to me. And for the hug. I’m sorry I freaked out on you earlier… It’s just that I haven’t really thought about Abs in a long time and then you asked that question and my chest just clammed up a little. Sometimes, I really miss her, you know?

I guess you can see why I was so hesitant to leave Roy now... I mean, we have that similar thread that ties us together. It was a sucky one, but we understood each other. I know you didn’t like him, but a lot of the reasons why you just didn’t know. We had a lot of grief in our relationship.

And Jim.. You are my best friend, it just scares me to say it out loud because I’ve only ever had one other best friend, and well, you know what happened there.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: I do

I know I said this earlier, but I really am very sorry. I wish I knew what I could say to you that might make it at least a little bit better…

I feel like I do understand you better. You know you can talk to me anytime, right?

How’s the mixed berry?

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Referees

It’s your turn to answer.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: 1-2 Step

Umm…

This makes me sound like an ass.

I haven’t really lost anyone close to me.

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Jackets

I’m very, very glad to hear that.

Well then, who would you cry over most?

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Sunshine, don’t bother me

I don’t cry.

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: mm

I bet you did last night when DeAnna got sent home on The Bachelor.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: Kristi Yamaguchi

No comment.

My mom, my dad, my little sister, you, or Steve Erkel, okay?

To: Jim Halpert
From: Pamela Beesly
Subject: Yay

Okay. Thanks. That cheered me up.

Sorry I freaked out earlier.

To: Pamela Beesly
From: Jim Halpert
Subject: 4:57

I have something for you tomorrow.

Have a good night tonight!

Chapter End Notes:
And so, we have jumped head first into the personal questions with the above one. They only get deeper and less superficial from here. The direction of my story has shifted slightly since I started, so I'm really excited about that. Your reviews are absolutely, positively inspiring and amazing! Thanks so much...

 

Coming up: More personal, more conversational, and more of Jim and Pam's softer sides. And, the inclusion of a new character into the mix (based on real life!) So, review to get it!!!


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans