- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry this chapter is kinda short 0.o my muses are playing pam pong
Chapter 3

Hour five on the road trip and Michael honestly couldn’t take it anymore. After pulling out of a restaurant parking lot Dwight suddenly started to moan and cry. At first Michael was worried. Dwight huddled against the car door and was rocking a little. “Dwight? What is it? What’s wrong?”

“Hmph…” Dwight groaned. Little did Michael know before they left the restaurant Dwight saw Andy and Angela in the back of Andy’s car…and it sure didn’t look like they were having a conversation. He was handling the situation as best he could.

“Dwight?”

“I’m fine. It’s nothing Michael.” Dwight shooed him away. All he wanted to know was what did Andy have that he didn’t?

“Are you having man troubles?” Michael asked.

“It’s not…what you think.” He responded starting to sit up.

“Oh believe me, if it’s a man or woman troubles I know how to handle it.” Michael said raising his eyebrows at the camera men.

“Well if you’re sure…”

~*~*~

“What if after we obtain so many clients we have to change the company name?”

Pam looked at Jim for a moment then back at the road. “Like Dunder King Paper Company?”

Jim groaned. “You have no idea how bad that joke was, do you?”

She grinned. “Lucky for me, I have you to remind me.”

He looked out the window of the car. “It’s starting to get dark. You really think Michael has those hotel rooms like he said he did?”

“He did say it was an ‘all included’ thing. But then again, it is Michael. He probably meant we can park in the hotel parking lot and sleep in our cars.”

Jim smirked. “Might not be such a bad idea.”

She smiled widely as she felt him take her one hand of the steering wheel. He gave it a firm squeeze and set it down on his knee, running his thumb over her knuckles.

No, sleeping in a car with him wouldn’t be a bad thing at all.

~*~*~

“Ok ew, Dwight! Just take the pills alright? That’s disgusting.” Michael grimaced.

Dwight looked down embarrassed as he noticed the camera guys were looking strangely at him.

“It’s getting late.” Michael tapped the car’s dashboard clock to get Dwight’s attention. “We’re gonna have to pull over soon.”

“Didn’t you get those hotel rooms?”

Michael’s eyes grew wide. He completely forgot.

~*~*~

They drove for at least ten more minutes when Michael pulled off the deserted highway onto this dirt side road. He stepped out of the car and looked around. Trees, shrubs; he kicked the ground with his shoe, rocks. This place was perfect.

Everyone noticed Michael pulled off and followed, one behind the other. The sun was just below the horizon, so the sky still had a small tint of light in it. But other than that the street lights were dim and everyone could hardly see.

“What are we doing Michael?” Stanley said irritated as he shut his car door.

Michael left his head lights on and everyone gathered around near there. “I have an idea…” he started.

“Didn’t get the rooms did you?” Jim assumed.

“That has nothing to do with it! But no I didn’t.”

The group groaned and Michael shouted over them. “Oh settle down! I have something far better than cushy, safe hotel rooms.” They all waited for his response. “Camping!”

“Are you kidding me?” Kevin exclaimed.

“We're going to die out here.” Angela complained.

“I’ll protect you.” Andy cooed.

Dwight dead eyed him. “Oh yeah? Then who’s going to protect you?”

“I don’t need protection.”

“Thaaaaaat’s what she said.” Michael said randomly including himself in the conversation.

“What if Angela’s attacked by a bear? You’ll be defenseless. I, on the other hand, know every type of bear there is, plus I’m highly trained. I can protect her more than you can.”

Jim motioned at Dwight. “And that is why Angela’s with Andy.”

Pam gave Dwight a sympathetic look as he stepped towards Jim. “I hope you need bear assistance one day Jim! I will not help you.”

Jim shrugged. “Then I’ll report you to the National Bear Sheriff Corporation.”

“There is no such thing.” Dwight countered.

“Oh yes. There is. And they are keeping track of you right now, even as we are talking.”

“No they aren’t.” He said but he still looked around unsure.

“Why couldn’t you just get the rooms Michael? I mean it wouldn’t have been that difficult…” Toby trailed off, his nasally voice irritating the last out of Michael.

“Oh shut up Toby. Just go deep into the forest and get eaten by a bear. Ok?!”

“No one will get eaten by a bear! I know the precautions!” Dwight yelled extra loud, hoping to alert the imaginary Bear Sheriff Corporation.

Jim gave him a thumbs up. “That’ll show 'em.”

“Alright Dwight assign jobs.” Michael ordered.

“Ok Andy, go out and get firewood, and don’t come back until you do.”

“Where am I supposed to get firewood from?”

“Trees would be a good start.” Jim offered obviously mocking him. “You know…because of the wood in firewood.”

“What am I supposed to chop it up with?”

“Hmm…not my problem, use your teeth for all I care.” Dwight answered rudely.

Andy rolled his eyes and started off towards the front of the rows of trees.

“Oh! Does anyone want to make smores? Michael asked excitedly.

Toby grimaced. “Oh geez. Everyone remember the last time I had too many smores…”

Everyone giggled lightly and Michael went towards Toby and pointed to the road. “Just start walking Toby…nobody cares about your smores alright? Nobody cares.”

“Jim and Pam get the blankets from the back of Meredith’s van.” Dwight ordered.

Jim made a face and Pam giggled following him to Meredith’s van. They popped open the trunk and both gasped. Full liquor and wine bottles were stacked in the back of the van.

Jim picked up one of the bottles. “Did she rob a liquor store on the way here?”

Pam grabbed the blankets and the bottle from Jim’s hand and started walking away.

“What are you doing?” Jim whispered pulling her back. “She probably counts the damn things.”

“Oh I figured you might want to use this for later.” Pam said, her voice all of sudden very sultry. She motioned him to look at the car and she raised her eyebrows.

Jim’s eyes widened. “Yeah?”

She nodded grinning. “Oh yeah…”

Jim’s stomach fluttered. Maybe camping wouldn’t be such a bad idea at all.
Chapter End Notes:
thanx for all who are reading and reviewing =]

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans