- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
more JAMness in this chapter than in others :D

enjoy and as always comments are welcomed and loved
Chapter 4

Ryan tried Michael’s cell phone for the fifth time that day. This week was just getting progressively worse. Yesterday he had to go on with the meeting without any Dunder Mifflin employees. I mean what was he going to do? Drag Darryl and a fired Roy to come in and talk about taping boxes. No way. He’d rather have Michael and his embarrassing stupid moments then have that happen.

All he got was his answering machine. Again. “Hey this is Michael…I’m not here right now…because I’m having sex with Jan!

“Michael you’re going to change that, now!”

“Aright I will, I will right—”beeeeeeppp.

Ryan pushed the end button and put his phone back in his pocket. He pondered talking to corporate about this.

~*~*~

Everyone woke up around eight in the morning moaning about their aching bodies. Since no one would sleep outside but Michael and Dwight, everyone tried packing it into their cars. They were all swearing at themselves this morning for making that choice.

Jim groaned trying to sit up in his car, although he couldn’t when he realized Pam was on his chest still asleep. He tried remembering what happened last night and smiled when the fog cleared. He looked under Pam and thanked God he put his jeans back on before they went to sleep. All he needed was Dwight coming up to the car door and swinging it open to find Pam and him pretty much naked.

He stroked her hair slightly and she yawned. “Hey sleepy. Come on, we gotta get up. Otherwise Michael might come over and see if were still alive in here.”

She nuzzled back in to the crook of his neck. “So? Let him.”

He smiled. “Pam, he already talks about our sex life like he’s seen both of us naked. Do you really want to give him ammunition?”

Pam sat up slightly. “Michael’s seen you naked?” Her face suddenly lit up with horror as she sat up all the way. “Oh God…has Dwight seen you naked too?”

Jim made a face at her and grabbed his shirt. “That crosses the line Beesley. I’m not talking to you for the rest of the day.”

Pam grabbed her own clothes and was about to say something but yawned instead.

Jim looked at her and smiled. Damn his inability to resist her. “You’re still tired, you want me to drive?”

“Thought you weren’t talking to me.”

He stuck his tongue out at her. “Fine I won’t.”

“Fine.” She smiled.

“Fine.”

As he turned to get out of the car she pulled him by the t-shirt and he fell back on to her lap. “But just so you know…as long as you’re ignoring me, no more of this.” She bent down and left a passionate kiss on his lips then turned to get out of the car.

Jim sat up a little shell shocked but had a huge grin on his face. He wouldn’t be able to ignore her forever.

~*~*~

Back on the road for an hour Dwight looked at the map. “Where’s the meeting again?”

“For the last time it’s at Concord.”

“Yeah I know its in Concord but where?”

Michael pulled up at a stop light and yanked the map from Dwight’s hands. “What do you mean, "Where at Concord?” Concord Inn right…” He skimmed his fingers on the map. “Where is it?”

Dwight made a confused face and looked at Michael. “You don’t mean Concord Inn, a half an hour away from Dunder Mifflin…do you?”

Michael’s face was shocked when he looked up from the map. He had no words.

“Michael?”

~*~*~

When Jim saw Michael pull into the parking lot of a Diner, he knew something was up.

“How many times is he going to pull over?” he asked irritated.

He turned to look back at the car behind them. It was Stanley and Phyllis and from the looks of it they were not thrilled.

Everybody emptied from their cars once again and went to gather around Michael’s car.

“If he has another announcement to campout I’m going to kill him.” Oscar said.

Jim nodded in agreement, it really was getting ridiculous.

Michael got out of his car and Dwight went to stand with the others. “I have good news and bad news people. The good news is we’ve reached where the meeting is. Unfortunately the bad news is…” He took a deep breath. “There is no meeting.”

Everyone’s eyes grew wide.

“Oh Michael.” Pam said tiredly putting a hand on her head.

“You mean to tell me that we traveled all the way here for no meeting at all!” Meredith exclaimed.

“Actually there was a meeting. At Concord Inn, we just missed it.” Dwight turned and announced.

“Shut up Dwight!”

“The Concord Inn? The one a half an hour away from Dunder Mifflin?” Stanley gritted out.

Jim shook his head and glanced at Pam. She had a hand on her head massaging her temples. The fact that she had a headache from all the frustration just angered him more.

“But good news! I have rooms for us at Ranchside Motel.”

“Which is where exactly?” Creed asked.

Michael looked at the ground for a moment and mumbled.

“What was that?” Toby asked.

“Two hours back in the other direction.”

No one even answered him at that point; they just turned and went back to their cars waiting for Michael to get back in his.

Jim put an arm around Pam and they walked back to his car. “You want me to drive?” he whispered.

She nodded and kissed his cheek, heading to the passenger side.

As everyone pulled out and turned in the direction they just came, the clouds started turning gray. It seemed as if the sudden change in weather was mirroring everyone’s feelings. The sky was turning a dark gray as the clouds began to fill with water. It soon started to pour.

Pam was leaning her head against the car door sound asleep and Jim lifted his cell phone from the cup holder. He dialed Ryan’s corporate number.

After two rings he answered. “Ryan Howard.”

“Hey Ryan, its Jim.”

“Where the hell are you?” Ryan asked his voice elevating. “I know Michael royally screwed up the meeting place but how far are you from Scranton?”

“At least five hours away.”

Jim could hear Ryan let out a frustrated sigh and then ask him how everyone was.

This surprised him a bit since Ryan had been acting like a corporate tight ass ever since his new job. “Well we drove six hours to get up here and then Michael tries to patch things over by getting us rooms at the Ranchside Motel. So now we’re six hours away from Scranton and two hours away from a meeting that didn’t exist. So all in all I’m pretty great.” Jim said sarcastically.

“Hang in there man.” Ryan said and then hung up.

Jim turned off his phone and rubbed a hand over his face. He glanced at the clock, only an hour more of driving.
Chapter End Notes:
thanx to all who are reading! :D

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans