- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
probably one more after this///
Chapter 6

Dwight tip toed down the hotel hallway looking for Angela’s room. If she had gotten the message, she’d be waiting outside for him.

“Hey monkey.” Dwight smiled shyly approaching her.

“What do you want Dwight?” she was clearly annoyed she had been woken up for this.

“Did you get the flowers?”

“Obviously, it had the irritating little note that said meet me in an hour outside your door.”

“I wanted to talk a little.”

“You killed my cat Dwight. Or have you forgotten?” She asked bitterly. “We have nothing to talk about.”

“I miss you.” Dwight said softly and tried to push a strand of hair behind her ear.

Angela didn’t resist for only a moment, then she smacked down Dwight’s hand. “No! No. No more Dwight! This…” She pointed in between her and him. “…is never happening again.”

And with that she slammed the door in his face.

~*~*~

The phone rang and Pam bent across a sleeping Jim. "Hello?"

"Beesley and Halpert out of bed now!" Dwight said angrily.

"Ok one, you know our first names Dwight and two...it’s only 8:30."

Jim rustled around feeling a weight on his chest.

"Early cat catches the bird." he said simply.

"That's not the expression Dwight." She replied monotone.

"Just get down here!"

He hung up the phone before she cold reply and reached up to turn the bedside light on. She got up and rustled the covers as she did, hoping Jim would wake up. She hated to wake him, he looked so damn adorable. His one arm was behind his head while his other rested on his chest. His hair was ruffled and he looked like a shaggy puppy. She could seriously stare at him all day and it broke her heart when she nudged him and he whimpered like a little child.

“Hmmm…” he murmured but never opened his eyes.

“Hey come on, Dwight’s more irritating than usual. He wants us downstairs.”

All Jim did was turn over and duck his head under the covers.

She smiled and hit him on his covered shoulder. “Come on; don’t make me get Dwight come up here with that megaphone of his.”

“He doesn’t have one remember? You made him drop it out the window.” He said groggily.

Pam stuck her tongue out in his direction even though she knew he was still under the covers.

“Fine, stay in bed.” She grabbed some of her things and placed them in the bathroom.

“Thank you.” He laughed satisfied.

She came to the doorway and stood untying her sweatpants. “But I’m getting in the shower… and you were invited.”

Jim sat straight up.

~*~*~

At 9:00 everyone was down in the lobby but Pam and Jim. Dwight was not in the best mood so he was about ready to leave without them. He came up to Michael, who was now flirting with a woman at the reception counter.

“Michael!”

“What Dwight?” he asked irritated.

“Jim and Pam are late I say we leave without them.”

“Are you ridiculous? Were not going to leave without them.” He rolled his eyes and made a smile at the woman. “Now go pack the cars.”

As Dwight turned to leave he saw Pam and Jim hurry down the stairs. Jim was barely holding balance with a ton of bags in his hands and Pam was still slipping on her shoes.

“And where were you two?”

Jim suddenly dropped the bags and started sucking his thumb. Pam patted him on the head and turned to pull Dwight aside.

“Well you see Dwight I don’t know if you knew this about Jim but he…” she hesitated.

“What?” Dwight asked urgently.

“He has Infant-titous.”

Dwight looked at him sucking his thumb and Jim suddenly stuck his tongue out at him. He turned to Pam and nodded. “Sounds serious.”

“You don’t know the half of it. The reason we were late down here is because he had a temper tantrum. He didn’t want to get out of bed. It only happens every so often but when it does…its scary.” She looked down. “It’s like its not even Jim anymore.”

She wanted to look sad but honestly she looked down because she wasn’t sure she could contain her laughter.

Jim bent down and picked up the bags and headed over to Pam and Dwight. “Everything ok?”

Pam looked up and nodded, taking a bag from him. “Yeah, everything’s fine.”

Suddenly Dwight enveloped Jim in a hug and Jim stood there motionless. “Oh you brave soul.”

When Dwight let go Jim merely looked at him. “Ok…”

Pam burst into a fit of giggles as Dwight left the hotel. “I never suspected him to hug you…”

“I’ll need another shower when I get home.”

Pam nodded. “And that one…I will not be joining you in.”

~*~*~

As everyone went to their cars, Dwight saw Michael open the passenger door for that woman.

“Michael what are you doing?” he asked, slightly hurt.

“Oh that’s Shannon.” Michael said obviously. “She’s heading out near Scranton so I’m giving her a lift.”

“But…but who am I going to ride with?”

“Um…” Michael looked around and saw Jim and Pam loading bags into the trunk. “Pam and Jim!” They looked over. “Ride Dwight ok?!”

Dwight turned and looked at Jim and Pam angrily. Jim nudged Pam and she smiled. “Aw look how happy he is to see us.”

~*~*~

Dwight hadn’t been in the car for more than ten minutes when he started bickering with Pam on how to drive.

“You ran that stop light Pam.”

“It was a pedestrian walk sign Dwight.”

“Still ran it.”

Pam looked in the review mirror at him for a moment. He had gotten out a notepad and was scribbling things on it. “Are you writing tickets up?”

“I’ll give them to my officer when we get back.”

“You’re volunteer officer?” Jim asked.

“He was chosen to be the lead officer!”

“So he was a voleenter. He was just chosen by all the other volunteers to be the leader. I see, like a game of coppers and robbers.”

“No he’s not! And Deputy Sheriffs do not rob Jim. If you were a volunteer you’d know that.”

Jim smiled loving how heated Dwight was getting. “So you are a volunteer.”

Dwight looked up noticing what he just walked into to. “Shut it Jim.”

Jim looked at Pam and he smiled. Only a few more hours to go…
Chapter End Notes:
thanx to all who are reading

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans