- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
heres chapter 2 :D enjoy! comments are welcome
Chapter 2.

Ryan sat impatiently in the boardroom of Concord Inn. The place was only a half an hour away from Scranton. Michael and the others should have been there by then. People from Merrimack kept arriving and sooner or later Ryan would have a boardroom filled with inpatient paper people.

He stood at the head of the board table and tried to announce over the chattering colleagues. “Um excuse me…” The room dialed down. “My name is Ryan Howard and I’m the head of Dunder Mifflin Scranton branch. I’m sorry for the wait I’m sure the representatives will be here soon.”

But knowing Michael, Ryan knew something stupid and extremely unneeded was going on.

~*~*~

After about an hour or two on the road Michael just couldn’t take it anymore. Dwight had named every type of bear he knew of and now was listing all the types of beets he planted.

“Ok Dwight, why on earth would you need to know about that many beets?”

“To be an excellent beet farmer of course.” Dwight said matter of factly.

“Right. Because people have depended on crops all this time.” Michael stated dramatically. “We’re pulling over at this rest stop up ahead.”

Dwight nodded and suddenly stuck his head out the window.

“Oh God Dwight what are you doing?”

“People of Dunder Mifflin Scranton!” He announced through his megaphone to the cars behind him. “We are now pulling over at the rest stop! I repeat Dunder Mifflin Scranton; we are now pulling over at the rest stop.”

~*~*~

Jim and Pam watched as Dwight tried pulling himself back in the car. But the way the window was rolled down and the size of his shoulders with the megaphone, he was having troubles.

“How much you wanna bet I can get Dwight to drop his megaphone?” Pam asked suddenly.

Jim smiled from the passenger seat. “You’re on Beesley.”

She suddenly laid down on the horn scaring Dwight. He jerked to the side, scared by the noise, hit his head off the top of the car door and dropped his megaphone.

“Very nice. Extra points for making him spaz beforehand.”

She smiled; Dwight always had a way of winning bets for her.

~*~*~

“Alright head counts!” Dwight announced as everyone got out of their cars. He made everyone stand on the sidewalk in a straight line. But of course, Jim and Pam knew how to take care of that.

“Oscar, Kevin, Stanley, Phyllis…”

“Apparently it’s all over the radio stations…” Pam whispered to Jim.

Dwight overheard her. “Pam if I lose count, none of us are leaving for the bathroom.”

“Sorry Dwight. Were just discussing all those poor people.” Pam mused.

“All those people? What are you talking about?” Dwight asked, forgetting to count off people anymore.

“Haven’t you heard?” Asked Jim. “It’s all over the radio.”

“No! No I haven’t!”

He was getting so excited Pam was almost feeling sorry for him. Although it was Dwight so…almost.

People began to taper off leaving Dwight to soak up the useful information Jim gave importance to.

Jim leaned in to Dwight, almost whispering. “Well apparently there have been these murders stretching along this highway we’ve been on. And the cops haven’t even found the killer yet.”

Pam almost lost her cool when Dwight asked about what the local sheriff department could do.

Jim shook his head. “They’re all baffled. The only thing the police know for sure if that he hides the bodies in his trunk and sometimes dresses up as old ladies to throw people off.”

Dwight’s eyes started searching the parking lot and Jim snuck a smile at Pam. She grinned back and headed off to the bathroom.

Jim put on a hand on Dwight’s shoulder. “Make sheriff volunteers proud Dwight.”

"I’m not a volunteer Jim.” Dwight argued as he searched the parking lot’s people. He swore he saw a few old people heading back to their cars from the bathroom…

~*~*~

After an hour of bullshitting paper percentages, Ryan finally had to excuse himself from the meeting to make a phone call.

He started pacing near the front entrance of the Inn and dialed Pam’s reception number.

“Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam…”

“Hey Pam its Ryan…” he started.

“None of us are in right now. We are all on a paper learning experience in Concord, New Hampshire. By gaining Merrimack’s paper business our Scranton branch…” Pam hesitated.

You could hear Michael encouraging her in the background.

“Will be the shit fo sho.” She said lamely. “Please leave a message.”

Ryan shoved his Blackberry into his pocket as the beep sounded. He was going to kill Michael Scott.

~*~*~

“Alright let’s go!” Michael called out, rounding people up. “So many hoes, not enough time.” He grinned stupidly at the camera men.

“That is defiantly not the expression.” Jim stated opening the car door for Pam.

As everyone got in their cars, Michael looked around. “Where the hell is Dwight?”

“Um I think I saw him near the bathrooms.” He shut the door and went towards the bathroom area, Michael in tow.

As they turned the corner Dwight was yelling at an older woman near her car. “I know you have something in your trunk Mildred! If that’s even your real name…let me see it now!”

“Dwight leave this lady alone! What are you doing?” Michael asked pulling Dwight away from this lady’s trunk.

“She has people in her trunk! Tell him Jim!”

Jim shrugged. “I have absolutely no idea what he’s talking about Michael.”

Dwight’s eyes grew wide and he made his way towards the trunk. “I’ll prove it!”

As he did the old lady suddenly smacked him on the head with her cane. “Don’t you be touchen my trunk you ragamuffin!”

Dwight hit the pavement, Michael rolled his eyes like he was embarrassed and Jim grinned.

The road trip was starting out great.
Chapter End Notes:
thanx to all who are reading =]

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans