- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Just a little thought that came to me. Possibly more to come. Going to try to keep it set in S4, or at least of what we've seen. Im a new writer here, so please be nice!

Disclaimer: I do not own anything. Except this shiny watch.

Author's Chapter Notes:
This was supposed to be a shot at the Jim to the Rescue challenge, but theres going to be more to it. This is unbeta'd so please bear with the punctuation errors and syntax. It will all be better in coming chapters.

"Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam." he heard her say. It was Friday. The last day of the week, but also the last day of the month. The perfect storm. "I know, Ryan, he is supposed to have them signed." Pam rolled her eyes.

 

Jim sat and watched the demenor on his girlfriend change. He tried his hardest not to jump out of his chair and grab the phone and tear into Ryan. Sure, Ryan was his boss, and could easily fire Jim for any one of the pranks on Dwight, but he was also the one who asked out his girlfriend, well, both girlfriends. Pam and Karen.

 

"I'll get him to call you when he's back, okay? He went to Starbucks again." She rolled her eyes. "Bye, Ryan." She then quickly hung up the phone. Jim, almost instinctively, stood and walked over to her desk.

 

"He's particularly annoying today." she said.

 

"He's always annoying." Jim muttered.

 

"I know. But he needs the expense reports, I still have Toby on my back for the time sheets, and Kelly is, well, Kelly." She sighed. "Hey, so what do you have planned tonight?"

 

"Its hard to explain. Its a secret." He said, feigning a confused smile.

 

"You can't explain, or its a secret?" Pam laughed.

 

"Honestly, I dont know when we're getting out of here, so I didn't plan anything specific. I thought we could just play it by ear."

 

"That sounds okay. I'm going to be trying to get Michael to sign these all afternoon anyway." She said, looking at the pile of paperwork in front of her.

 

"You know, I could do that. It's kind of my job now anyway."

 

"No, Ive gotten used to his excuses. I'd just have to train you." she said with a giggle.

 

"Train me? Okay," he paused. "That one time."

 

"Tell me, who forgets how to set a timer on a coffee maker?"

 

"Really Beesly? You're choosing to mock me over a coffee maker, when just last night you asked me how to use the DVD player."

 

"Its one of those BluRay things, I got confused."

 

"Sure." He rolled his eyes.

 

"Seriously, I'll be fine. You can get back to work."

 

"Oh, I can? I have your permission?"

 

"Suck it, Halpert."

 

A few hours later, once everyone was back from lunch, Michael came running out of his office, in search of... God knows what.

 

"Michael, are you okay?" asked Dwight, with a face of obvious concern.

 

"No, for your consternation, I am not okay. Has anyone seen my updog?" When Michael said ‘consternation’, Pam knew he had seen it in that word-a-day calendar she got him for Christmas. She was glad it was being used for words, and not to hold up his coffee table.

 

The whole office groaned. This was the third time in as many days he has tried the updog joke. Jim internally regrets ever making that joke to Michael, even though it was hysterical. But today it was particularly annoying because if Michael, once again, didn't sign the paperwork, 4 people would have to stay behind and wait. Including Pam and Jim. Pam had tried her best with the excuses Michael came up with, but she fell short when Michael said, "I can't read." She knew he could. She saw him reading from the joke book not 2 hours previous. But she was too fed up. She pulled herself back to her desk, not attacking Michael like she wanted to.

 

Jim looked and saw the look on Pam's face. He had a plan.

 

"Hey Dwight, you have a minute?"

 

Dwight looked up, with zero expression. "What now?"

 

"Do you think you could kind of push Michael along with this paperwork thing? I think he'll listen to you."

 

"You mean he will listen to me more than your little girlfriend? Of course he will, because Michael is my friend."

 

"Sure he is." Jim said. "Let me ask you something, did Michael tell you about his second job?"

 

"No." He said with a concerned tone.

 

"Did he tell you about his car accident?"


"I was there."

 

"He was in another one." Jim said. "Just today. I think you should go ask him about it."

 

"I dont believe you Jim." Dwight continued his work.

 

"Okay, but I thought I saw blood coming out of his ear." And with that, Dwight stood up, and ran into Michael's office, scaring him and the yelling ensued. Jim nonchalantly got up and walked to Pam's desk. "I have a plan."

 

"What did you do to Dwight?"

 

"Watch."

 

Through the window of the office, they could see Dwight checking Michael like a field sobriety test. ‘Walk a straight line, Michael!’ They laughed as Michael pushed Dwight away. Dwight came out of the office with a disappointed face. Deep down, everyone in the office knew that Dwight just wanted to be of help, and that kind of made it funnier. As he made his way back to the desk, Jim cleared his throat.

 

“Did you mention the reports?”

 

Dwight sighed. Pam tried not to laugh as Jim went into Michael’s office. “Hey Michael, you got a minute?”

 

“Sure thing Jim bag. Hey, whats up with Dwight?” He asked. “He just molestered me.”

 

“Oh he’s just concerned. You seem to be a little bit slow today. Because you know, those reports are due and Ryan’s been calling all day. Dwight actually said you remind him of Toby. Slow, dull…”

 

“I am not Toby! Im nothing like Toby! Ill show that little pin-up punk Ryan that I am not Toby.”

 

“Dwight actually…. Yeah, Ryan said it too. He’s actually pretty disappointed. He said he was thinking of inviting you to dinner one of these nights.”

 

“Really? Like a double date?”

 

Jim shot a look into the nearby camera. “With who?”

 

“You and Pam, duh.”

 

“I don’t know. But what you should do is get that paperwork done and maybe he will still ask you.”

 

“You’re right. I have to be the bigger man.”

 

“That’s what she said.” Jim said, interrupting Michael as he was about to say it.

 

Jim walked out of the office and directed Pam’s attention to the sight in the office. Michael, at his desk, signing forms. Pam looked over and smiled. As Jim sat back at his desk, he received an instant message.

 

PBeesly: Thank you.

JHalpert: Well, it is my job.

PBeesly: How’d you do it?

JHalpert: What do you think?

PBeesly: Ryan?

JHalpert: Bingo.

PBeesly: So?

JHalpert: What? ;)

PBeesly: What did you want to do tonight?

JHalpert: Oh, I guess I didn’t tell you that part.

PBeesly: What? What did you do? You didn’t promise we’d go to his place for dinner, did you?

JHalpert: Expect an invite to a double date with Ryan.

PBeesly: You’re joking. Please, tell me you’re joking.

JHalpert: I am. But I was thinking movie and Chinese.

PBeesly: I was thinking art show and Thai.

JHalpert: Pizza and DVD’s?

PBeesly: That’ll do.

 

Just then, the office door opened, and Todd Packer walked in.

 

PBeesly: Oh no. And the day was just getting better.

 

“HELLO!” Todd said, imitating a gay Jim Halpert, for the billionth time.

 

PBeesly: You know, we could say something to shut him up.

JHalpert: Nah. It didn’t work last year, it wont work this year.

PBeesly: What?

JHalpert: Remember when he came here last year, and I was dating Karen (sorry to bring it up), he still made it hell.

PBeesly: Yeah, but this year is better. This year we can prove it.

JHalpert: And last year?

Pbeesly: You were too chicken. We’re different.

 

“Hey hot stuff.” Todd said to Pam. “So, I hear you’re done with warehouse Willy.” He said making some sort of reference to Roy.

 

PBeesly: HELP.

 

“Yeah.” She said timidly, acting like she was doing something important. Really, she was looking desperately for a sharp object.

 

“Looking for a good time?”

 

“Hey Todd,” Jim said, interrupting.

 

“Hi, sweetcheeks. Where’s the boyfriend?”

 

PBeesly: Tell him. You know you want to.

 

“Actually, Todd,” Jim started.

 

“PACKER! PACKSTER!” Michael yelled. “Come on into the office, Im just finishing this.”

 

JHalpert: Saved.

PBeesly: You think we’re in the clear?

PBeesly: He’s not done yet.

JHalpert: I know.

PBeesly: If we don’t tell him, Michael will just tell him.

JHalpert: What should we do?

PBeesly: Come to my desk.

 

Just then, Jim got up and walked to Pam’s desk, but she was grabbing her and Jims coat off the rack.

 

“What are we doing?”

 

“Going to my car. I left some stuff in there.”

 

“Okay. This is me confused.” He whispered. He put on his coat and walked behind Pam to the door. But she suddenly stopped and turned to face him. She pulled him by his coat’s lapels and into a passionate and sweet kiss. She heard the cat calls from Michael and Todd in the office and pulled away from the kiss. She was smiling.

 

“Wow.” Jim said.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Was that supposed to make things better?”

 

“I don’t know. I just wanted to.”

 

“Okay then. So is there really stuff in your car.”

 

“Yeah, and its heavy. So I definitely need you.”

 

Jim smiled. “Glad you do.”

Chapter End Notes:
Thoughts? Please, be honest.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans