- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Ok so this story takes place as though Jim never fully realized his feelings for Pam. It's almost the reverse of seasons 1 and 2... even though there are some canon aspects, as in the brief mention of Roy and the Karen thing.

M rating for later chapters.

Title comes from this CD I found in my house. I think it was either the name of the CD or the group.

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters, i just like to play with them.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Totally Unbeta'd so if anyone wants to beta the other chapters that would be awesome!!

Pam shut down her computer for the night. She said goodbye to Phyllis who was on her way out the door. She looked around the office and she spotted what she was looking for. Jim was sitting at the table in the kitchen. As she walked over she could feel the butterflies in her stomach. She was always surprised at how Jim was able to do that to her.

After years of being friends with him, she realized it had grown to something more. It was these feelings that gave her the strength to finally call off her engagement to Roy, but by then it was too late for her and Jim. He had started a relationship with Karen, a saleswoman from Stamford who moved to Scranton after the branches had merged. She had spent almost a year watching Jim and Karen grow closer, but then out of no where Karen ha dumped Jim and so for the past few months she had been helping him through his break-up. During that time Pam had wanted to make a move, or finally admit her feelings to Jim, but she was still a little shy around Jim and she knew that Jim wasn’t ready. Pam looked at Jim with his head bowed and opened the kitchen door.

“Hey”
“Hi”

Jim replied monotonously. Today had been a bad day. He found out that he was being made to attend a DMI conference. He knew that Karen would be there and that he would probably run into her, bringing up old feelings. The only upside to the whole thing was that he didn’t work on Friday and that Michael was making Pam come along too, to “take important notes” is what he said. He knew that is Pam was going he would be able to count on her for moral support.

Jim looked up from his mug. Pam was just standing in the kitchen, fidgeting with her necklace and rocking on her heels. Sometimes Jim was caught off guard by her. She did certain things that made Jim’s stomach tighten. Jim usually blocked these feelings out by thinking of Karen and constantly reminding himself that he and Pam were best friends and that nothing would happen.

“So what do you need Beesly?”

“Nothing. I just wanted to come over and see what is so amazing about your mug, since you have been staring at it for five minutes.” Jim let out a little chuckle.

“So about tomorrow, I was thinking…” Pam started.

Jim cut her off. “I was going to ask if I can catch a ride with you to the train. I promised my brother he could have the car this weekend since his is in the shop. I was going to have him drive me, but since you’re going would it be ok if I caught a ride with you?”

“Yeah sure that’s fine. So I guess I’ll be at your place around 9:30.”

“Yeah sounds good.” Jim looked back down at his mug, he didn’t even move to get up.

“Ok, well are you going or do you plan on having a sleepover here Halpert?”

This jogged Jim out of his resumed trance of mug staring “What? Oh no. I’m going.”

Jim stood up and they made their way out of the office. In the elevator Pam kept glancing up at Jim willing him to speak. He just stared at his shoes.

“’Night Beesly. See you tomorrow.” Jim called walking to his car.

“Yeah. Goodnight.” Pam called back. She watched Jim get into his car and drive off, she then got into her own car and drove home.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

At 9:35 Jim’s doorbell rang. He knew it was Pam so he grabbed his bag and opened the door. Pam rushed past him and went straight for the bathroom without even so much as a ‘hi’. “What so I don’t even get a greeting today?” He joked when she got back to the foyer.

“Sorry. I really, really, really had to go.” Pam replied shrugging her shoulders. Jim noticed just how attractive Pam was looking. Her hair was pulled up into a loose bun. She was wearing a pair of black yoga pants, which accentuated her well toned legs and a white zipper hoodie over a white tank top. Since Jim rarely saw Pam outside the office it was always nice to see her in more casual clothes.

“Come on. We’re going to be late.” Jim grabbed his bag and followed Pam to her car.

The ride to the train station was pleasant. The two of them made small talk. Just before getting out of the car Jim asked Pam if she would make sure that he didn’t do anything stupid this weekend. Pam agreed, but she was disappointed because he was still hung up on Karen after 3 months.

Waiting for them on the train platform was Michael. He greeted them and asked where they were sitting. Their seats were not with Michael’s which was a good sign. The train ride was more fun than the car ride. Things were a little bit more relaxed. They made up stories about their fellow passengers.

“That one.” Pam pointed to a middle age balding man.

“Easy. See that white powder around his lips? It’s actually face paint. He’s is part of a travelling circus. He is the lead mime. Now he’s on his way home, back from his secret mime life.”

Pam giggled at the description. “But maybe it’s the sugar from his jelly doughnut.”

“Way to take the fun out of everything Bees.” Jim said poking her in the ribs, which only made Pam giggle harder. This made the two hour train ride to NYC pass in a flash.

When they arrived at the station they rejoined Michael. Jim hailed them a cab to the hotel. Inside the hotel it was cramped with Dunder Mifflin employees and presenters. Michael worked his way to the front desk, and then fought his way back with the room keys.

“Uh-oh guys bad news only got two rooms?”

“What?!” Jim and Pam asked in unison.

“I well I forgot to call and say that three people would be coming. Well Pam I guess you can room with me.”

Pam was speechless. Jim saved her by offering to let her room with him, telling Michael that his room had two beds. Hearing that Pam’s stomach flipped and she had to steady herself. She couldn’t believe she was going to be sharing a room with Jim. Michael said ok and then walked off. Jim told Pam to wait while he went to go change rooms to one with two beds.

“Here’s an extra key for you.” Jim after he came back.

“Thanks. I couldn’t imagine spending a night in the same room as Michael.”

“Hey just looking out for your health their Pam.”

Chapter End Notes:
Please review Thanks!!! Next chapter should be up soon just typing it.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans