- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

He opens his eyes and answers David Wallace's question.

"I see myself living here in New York, in an upper level management position at the company."  He takes a deep breath and smiles.  He feels like he's choking.

David smiles back.  "Great.  Listen Jim, I have to tell you, you're my first choice for this position.  I have to get some of the red tape out of the way, but you'll be hearing from me very soon."  He stands up and offers his hand.  Jim takes it, thanks him, and says he's looking forward to hearing from him.  He walks out of Dunder Mifflin, takes out his cell phone, and calls Karen.

He meets her outside at a fountain in a park.  He doesn't want to tell her he probably got the job, since she was up for the same position, so he just says it went well.  He smiles a lot, and makes a few jokes.  She smiles back.  They walk through the park, holding hands.  They talk about moving to the city, where they will live, and finding a job for whichever one of them doesn't get the corporate one. 

Somewhere deep in his gut, he feels a twinge, but he shakes it off.  Karen, corporate, and New York City are his future.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans