- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here starts the chapter where Jim and Pam actually switch!



EDIT: So I added more to this chapter because it was too short!





A strange bell was ringing and it awakened Jim from his slumber.

What the hell is that?

He pulled the pillow over his head, trying to drown out the sound. Maybe he would call in sick today. He certainly wasn’t feeling well. The pillow failed to silence the noise, and he sat up, looking for the source of the racket.

When he opened his eyes, though, he totally forgot about the annoying bell ringing in his ears, because what he saw made his head spin. He was in a room he had never seen before. The walls were light blue, definitely different from his own boring, off-white room.

He suddenly felt a weight on the other side of his bed and had to hold in a shriek as he saw another body lying there under the sheet next to him. What was going on? He jumped out of bed and looked around him.

Oh my god! Where am I?

He hadn’t been drunk last night, had he? No, he remembered falling asleep on his couch watching the stars. So where was he now?

He hopped out of bed and ran into the room adjoining the bedroom. It was a small bathroom with a sliding glass door shower and one sink. He searched in the back of his mind, trying to think of when he might have seen this room before, but to no avail. This place was completely new to him.

He reached up to scratch his head, but his hand didn’t find what it thought it would. His hair was up in a bun. His hair in a bun?!?! Since when was his hair this long? His mom kept telling him to cut it short every time she saw him, but it certainly wasn’t that long.

Tentatively he glanced in the mirror hanging over the sink.

Oh my god!

Pam’s face glaring so intently at him would have normally made him crumble to the floor, exhausted from attempting to read her thoughts. Somehow this was not the same.

Suddenly something hit him. He whipped around, staring at the open door, and raced to close it. He knew who the body laying beside him had been, and on the list of people he wanted to see right now, Roy was all the way at the bottom.

* * * *

Pam woke up to music playing right by her ear. It took her a few seconds to discern it as The Police singing “Every Little Thing She Does is Magic.” She had slept really well that night, dreaming of being somewhere in Hawaii, tanning in the hot sun. She felt like today was going to be a good day.

Stretching, she got out of bed, stepping on the remote in the process.

“Ow!”

She hopped on her uninjured foot and rubbed her eyes. Why was the freaking remote on the floor? When she opened her eyes her throbbing foot became a distant memory.

Uhhh…this isn’t right.

She was in a living room that wasn’t hers. Definitely not hers. Within seconds she realized she had seen this place before. She was at Jim’s.

What am I doing in Jim’s living room? Why was I sleeping on his couch?

She scratched her chin in sheer amazement and withdrew her fingers quickly when she felt stubble.

Stubble? What!?!

She looked down at her legs and saw she was wearing boxer shorts. Her legs were extremely hairy as well.

All right, so I haven’t shaved my legs in a while, but I didn’t think it was that bad.

She needed to stay calm. Something was going on, but freaking out was no way to handle it. Her mother always taught her, in order to solve a problem you have to think it through, no matter how huge. First things first, she needed to know what she looked like. After all, she was in Jim’s apartment wearing Jim’s clothes. If what she thought was happening was actually happening…

Shaking her head, so as to rid herself of her thoughts, she walked down the hall to the bathroom, heart pounding against her chest with every step. Palms sweating, she opened the door, and jumped when it creaked.

Breathe, Pam.

She took a glance at the room and noticed a rectangular mirror hanging on the wall. Slowly, but surely, she walked to the mirror and looked at herself.

Yeah, this was a huge problem.
Chapter End Notes:


More to come!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans