- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Another flash of dark Jim.  Thanks to all of you who are reading this, and to those who have let me know your thoughts on this OOC story. 

 

Jim drained the last of his beer, savoring the cool liquid tingling down his throat.  It had been an interesting day. 

This morning, he'd been so excited to show off his skills, show people he was actually really good at something, other than playing pranks and being ‘charming'. He was excited to beat Roy at a physical activity, and not just dominate him intellectually.  And he had.  And it had been great, he'd been flying above the world, enjoying the fact that he had schooled Roy on the court and that she had seen.  

And then it all came crashing down.

"Let's get you into a tub."

Six little words had ruined his wonderful day.  Hell, if he was honest, six little words had probably ruined his whole damn life.  And those six little words had definitely ruined the life of Susan... or was it Sarah?  

He shrugged as he realized that in the long run, it really didn't matter.  

He drained the beer bottle and shoved it in a plastic grocery bag.  He looked over at the dead blonde, her unseeing eyes gaping at the casualness with which he was treating her demise.  

"Well, let's get this show on the road, shall we?  I've got a long drive tonight."

He'd been doing this for long enough to know the basics.  He donned a pair of gloves and used a dishcloth to quickly wipe down all of the surfaces he'd touched in her unassuming apartment. 

He remembered her glancing at him under her lashes as he sat at the bar, nursing his beer. 

She'd lit up when he'd approached and offered to buy her a drink, and he found himself wishing that she could be the one, that she could make him forget.  But as he followed her home, he realized that she could never replace her, and as poor Susan or Sarah pressed her body against his, her lips capturing his mouth and her tongue tasting him, he realized she wasn't even a cheap imitation of his true love. 

He hadn't made her suffer.  She was just a simple woman, after all, out for some affection in Philly on a Friday night, but she just wasn't worthy.  He'd eased her into death, watching the parade of emotions pass across her face, the final look of helpless acceptance causing him to relax his grip just a little. 

He quickly appraised her limp figure, roughly rubbing the cloth across the skin he'd caressed just a quarter of an hour earlier.  He ran a latex sheathed thumb across her full lower lip, and gently closed her blindly staring eyes.   

He easily lifted her slight frame and headed for the bathroom, placing her in the tub and pulling the curtain shut.  He stripped her of the rest of her clothing, shoving it into a bag, and started the shower, making sure the water was warm.  He knew it would eventually run cold, but he wanted her to be as comfortable as possible while he was still there.  

He made sure the water was draining, checking her hair to make sure it was thoroughly rinsed and that all traces of him were washed away.  He smirked to himself as he murmured, "Let's get you into a tub."  

He left her there and made a quick check of the rest of the apartment for anything that could tie him to her.  Finding nothing, he grabbed the plastic bags and left, locking the door behind him.  He'd drop her clothes in a dumpster on his way out of town, and he'd toss the beer bottle in with his recycling. 

He had to do his part, after all, for a greener tomorrow. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thoughts?  I know, this isn't really everyone's cup of tea, but I appreciate your feedback either way. 

 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans