- Text Size +
It had started with Dwight's stapler. The one he had fastidiously labeled with his name using the P Touch Labeler that Pam kept at her desk. He locked it in his desk each night, not knowing that Pam maintained the master keys for the entire office.


Pam thought of it as an experiment, since Dwight had shown a particular kind of affection for the ordinary looking stapler.


"Do you think he will freak out?" she asked.


"Probably. Then he will demand that we all empty out our desks . . . "Jim said putting his freezing hands in his pockets.


"We have to find a good hiding spot for it."


"He will suspect me, and will torment me all day." Jim said smiling down at her.


"Naturally."


"And this is a good plan because?"


"It will make the day go by so much faster" she said with a convincing grin. "Come on. It will be so much fun to have a secret mission for the day."


Jim held his breath, the blustery January air pricking his cheeks and the tip of his nose. Her gloved hands were animated in the near dark, as she spelled out her plan.


Jim had taken it a step further, only half joking, when he suggested they completely rearrange everything on Dwight's desk instead.


Her laughter was soft plumes in the cold air. The purple scarf she wore lit her hair the color of flames.


They would come in an hour early. He couldn't wait.
Chapter End Notes:
Not sure how many more of these there are in me, but I will keep going until the ideas run out. ;)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans