- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I think this one is finally finished.
The cameras came, and he tried not to be self conscious. He found himself digging his fists into his pockets, ducking his head when he noticed the lens zooming in on him. He had always hated getting his picture taken, and the idea of being on camera, especially in those achingly odd moments when he was so unsure of himself, was even worse. It was a good thing that Michael was creating enough of a spectacle to keep that probing gaze off of him.

On the first day, he made himself stay at his desk, only getting up once, while the camera men were at lunch, to tease her about the jelly beans she had put out. (She had wanted it to look like she was the friendly kind of receptionist that who did things like putting out jelly beans). He didn't tell her that jelly beans were his least favorite candy. He noticed that she was wearing lip gloss, which he thought was unbelievably cute.

By the end of the first week, he had almost gotten used to the constant presence of the cameras (although he wasn't any fonder of them), but he was still cautious about how many secret glances (and jelly beans) he was taking. He was pretty sure that they had not noticed.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans