- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Okay, this is my first fanfic. It's an AU exploring what could have happened after Jim's confession on Casino Night if Pam had been a little more honest with herself.

Title is from the song "Never Saw Blue Like That" by Shawn Colvin.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Scene opens in the dark Dunder Mifflin office as Pam is talking to her mom on the phone.

This is my first fanfic and it's un-beta'd. Hope you like it!

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters. This is written merely to indulge my mental wanderings. No infringement intended. Dialogue borrowed from Casino Night and Gay Witch Hunt.

Spoilers for Casino Night and Gay Witch Hunt.

Just drunk

"When did this happen?" Eve was worried about her daughter. She had never heard Pam so upset before.

"About 10 minutes ago." Pam nervously twisted the phone cord in her fingers. Her arms were crossed protectively in front of her as she looked at her feet in the darkened office.

"Did you tell him you love him back?"

"No, I didn't know what to say." Pam tried to make her voice light as she fought away the tears.

"Honey, you can't just let things go at that. Do you have feelings for him?" Eve had always suspected there was more than just friendship going on between Pam and her friend Jim. She talked about him more than she had ever talked about Roy, even when she was in high school.

"Yes, I know...Um...I don't know, Mom. He's my best friend."

"I just asked because you're always telling me what a sweet guy he is."

"Yeah, he's great."

"Pamela..." Eve only called Pam "Pamela" when she was trying to get her to calm down long enough to listen. "Are you in love with him?"

Pam’s voice was thick with suppressed tears. "Yeah, I think I am--" As she spoke, Jim slowly walked around the corner, his hands shoved in his pockets. Pam’s heart jumped and she felt butterflies beat against her stomach as she stood and swung around. "I have to go."

"Call me later."

"I will," Pam rushed and quickly put the receiver down. Her heart was racing as she turned to face Jim. God, I am so confused! "Listen, Jim--" she started, but he stepped forward and covered her excuses with his lips. Pushed them back into sweet oblivion as he gathered her in his arms. The rush of blood startled Pam. It had never been like this to kiss Roy...Roy...Roy who? she thought as she ran her hands up Jim's shoulders to his neck and hair, sinking into the earnestness of his kiss.

Roy, your fiancé, her guilty conscience demanded. Pam pulled away from Jim and looked at her feet. Her body was still tingling from where his hands slid from her back to her hips, but she forced herself to look him in the eye. He took a step back and looked at her with a mixture of relief and trepidation.

Smiling, he looked down as he took her hands in his."You have no idea...how long I've wanted to do that."

"Me, too," Pam whispered quietly. A soft chuckle escaped Jim's lips. "I think we're just drunk," she teased in an attempt to break the tension.

Jim's eyes widened in surprise and his face grew serious.“No, I’m not drunk.” He squinted as he scrutinized her face. “Are you drunk?”

“No.” Pam blinked. Jim’s lips formed a smile and bent his head to kiss her again. Oh, God, she thought, he smells so good. Roy never smells good. Roy…Roy! “Jim--” she halted and looked down at the floor and back at him. Pam opened her mouth to speak, but she couldn’t find the words.

Jim pulled his head back and looked at her. Dawning comprehension and disappointment washed over Jim’s face. “You’re really going to marry him,” he whispered. It was not a question. Pam nodded. “Okay.” Jim let her fingers slip to her sides. He turned and walked out the door without looking back.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans