- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

First timer! I am not a writer, but after reading all of this fanfiction I couldn't resist a little dabble. Spoilers for "The Return". This story is set during season three, a short time after "The Return". I guess it goes AU from there? I'm new to all of this! I wrote about 10 chapters of this over Christmas break and then didn't want to post it! It's not finished, but I've since come back to it and am trying to rework some things and keep going.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, here we go. I don't have a beta, so I apologize for any grammatical oversights. I guess just setting up some plot here...
It had taken 6 days of pleading from Kelly and 2 phone calls from her mom, but Pam had finally agreed to the Valentine’s weekend ski trip. She obviously had her reasons for being reluctant to go. Kelly first mentioned the idea in early December. She was single-handedly arranging for several of their co-workers to spend their Valentine’s weekend skiing in Vail, Colorado.

“Come on, Pam!” Kelly shrieked as Pam hung up her coat one morning. “It’s going to be perfect! It’s a long weekend because of President’s Day and my Uncle can get us a great deal in Vail Village. Skiing is soooo much fun!”

“I know, Kelly. I love skiing. I actually used to go a lot in high school. It’s just….I mean, who else is going so far?” Pam asked quietly while she booted up her computer for the day.

“Well, so far it’s me and Ryan, Meredith, Kevin, Jim and Karen, Dwight and maybe Angela. She’s still thinking about it. Pleeaaase Pam, you have to come. The Lodge at Vail is soooo cool. It’s right in Vail Village and there are tons of cute shops and restaurants. The rooms are really cozy and mountain-y and stuff. Like, everything is all wood and there are fireplaces and all these outdoor hot tubs and saunas and stuff. It’s gonna be super romantic....” Kelly’s voice faded as she gave a hazy smile in Ryan’s direction.

“Well, that’s kind of part of it I guess. It’s just….I don’t know, I’m not really dating anyone and I don’t want to be the third wheel when everyone is paired off, you know? It’s just that it seems like more of a couple’s thing, you know?” Pam sighed. Part of her really did want to go because she did love skiing and she always heard Vail was amazing. She had money saved up so that wasn’t an issue. As great as the trip sounded, she knew she was kidding herself to think she could handle a long weekend, Valentine’s weekend no less, watching Jim with Karen. She could hardly handle the subtle glances, smiles and touches they shared in the office. They were glaringly obvious to her. Things would be magnified ten fold on a romantic ski weekend.

“Pam it’s not just a couple’s thing!” Kelly protested. “Meredith, Kevin, Dwight and maybe even Angela will be there. It’s just going to be a fun time away from the office and we’ll go out to dinner and go dancing. On Valentine’s Day there’s this big party at the Lodge, so it won’t just be couples pairing off. Hey! You might even meet some sexy mountain man!” Kelly winked and Pam had to smile at her enthusiasm. Maybe Kelly was right. Maybe it wouldn’t be awkward or weird at all for her to go. She had hung out with Jim outside the office when he was dating Katy. Of course, she was with Roy at the time. But part of her felt like maybe she needed to do this. Just to prove she could.

Pam had told Kelly she would think about it and nearly two months later, she found herself getting ready for the trip. She was preparing for a long Valentine’s weekend of skiing and hiking and drinking and dining with some of her co-workers…..oh, and the love of her life and his girlfriend. Yup, she thought, should be an interesting trip.
Chapter End Notes:
Just getting started here and I'll be posting a few more chapters right away to get into things. Reviews are welcome:)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans