- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I am sad that this story is over! I had so much fun writing it! The song at the end is from the song:

Looking for You by Amy Grant.

Thanks to EllaBella for betaing this story!

***I own nothing...but the story!!***

Epilogue

“Okay…I have an announcement.” Michael said loudly walking into the break room.

“You pushed Darryl out the window?” Oscar asked not looking up from his yogurt.

“No…”

“You shot Dwight?” Phyllis asked with a smirk.

“No…that’s not funny. I love my employees….even though I hit one of you with my car.” Michael said casting a glance at the camera. “I just want to take everyone’s mind off this tragedy and on to more positive things. So I thought we could plant a tree in remembran…”

“Ok!” Pam said interrupting Michael. “We’re leaving for the hospital at 1:00. I can take three people.”

************************************************************************

Jim gave the camera a knowing look while Michael tried in vain to get Meredith to publicly forgive him in her hospital room. He was so amused with Michael attempts that he didn’t notice Pam slip quietly out of the room. When he turned to whisper something to her he saw she was gone. He looked around at his colleagues and saw that they were all as absorbed in the awkwardness of Michael/Meredith as he had been so he silently turned and walked out.

The months since Pam’s accident had been the best of his life. They were practically inseparable. They had so many lost moments to make up for. Even now after thousands of kisses and “I love you’s” he still couldn’t believe that he was with her. Sometimes he would wake up in the middle of the night searching…just to make sure that she was laying next to him…that it hadn’t all just been a dream. He loved the fact that they could spend a Saturday night doing absolutely nothing and he was convinced that he’d never had so much fun. He loved finding one of her shirts mixed in with his laundry. He loved the way she smiled at him when he would find her sketching on his patio in the early morning.

They had their moments. They were learning each others quirks and weaknesses. They had arguments over wet towels on the bed and about what movie to watch, but he realized that he would rather fight with her forever than be without her for one more second. They didn’t talk about the past anymore. Everything had been forgiven in a kiss and an ’I love you’ in a rooftop garden. They focused on the present…and of course their future. As he made his way down a familiar hallway in the hospital, pictures of the past few months played in his head like a slideshow. Both of them laughing as he helped her up the stairs to her apartment when she was released from the hospital. Sunday visits with her family. The first time she met his parents and how she fit right in…as he had always known she would. The first time she met Jon and how he had fallen in love with her almost immediately. The feel of her hand in his as they took long walks at night. A smile or wink over the top of her desk. A drawing of a vase of flowers with a yogurt lid medal that she had framed and given to him. If these were only a handful of the memories he had with her from the past few months he couldn’t wait to see what the future brought.

He smiled as he pushed open the doors and saw her standing with her back to him, looking out over the city.

“You missed a pretty good show back there.” he said as he approached her. “Michael was really on a roll.”

She sighed happily as he wrapped his arms around her. “The city looks beautiful from up here.” she whispered.

“Yeah…” he said leaning his chin on the top of her head.

She turned in his arms to look up at him. They didn’t even need words to express how they both were feeling. He felt her fingers softly graze his cheek as they moved up to his hair. He saw the same happiness that he felt shining in her green eyes.

“I love you Jim.” she said as she stood on her tiptoes and softly kissed him. He wrapped his arms tighter around her and pressed his lips more firmly against hers. Finally pulling away he smoothed a curl away from her face. His eyes locked with hers. This was his life. He had everything he needed right here. “I love you too.” he whispered and kissed her again.

I've waited so long now
I've wanted forever to hold you
Now you're in my arms
And I'll never let you go
Whatever you do, you know
I'll be standing here beside you, baby
Just like a bird that's found its way back home
I finally found a place where I belong.

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks to all of you for reading and reviewing! Keep them coming!!


skeber is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 25 members. Members who liked Stay Here In My Heart also liked 2901 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans