- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Spoilers for Season four.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Part one is pretty mild, but part two will be nc-17. :)
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Elly for being my beta. This was written for the Indefinite Hiatus Pornathon. Constructive criticism is always appreciated.
---

“Pama-lama bang bang! Will you come join me in my office for a moment? We need to talk about the…” Michael smirked. “The special mission.”

Jim’s eyebrows furrowed as he looked from Pam, to Michael, and back to Pam again. Pam got up and rolled her eyes, walking into Michael’s office. “Should have known better than to trust Michael,” she thought to herself. “Now Jim’s suspicious.”

As Pam closed the office door, Michael pulled out two tickets from his desk. “So I got the tickets. It’s three hours until go time! Jim’s never going to know what hit him!”

Pam barely brought her hand to her mouth in time to stifle her laughter and fake a bout of coughing.

“Jim’s going to love your gift Michael. Just remember to have him home by seven.”

“Absolutely, Pamster. Oh and if Jan calls, I am working late. She’d be really upset if she found out I went to High School Musical on Ice without her.”

Pam smiled to herself as she left Michael’s office. Today was a very special event. She and Jim had been dating for four months, and it was also Jim’s birthday. She had big plans for the night, but she’d needed a diversion to keep Jim away from his apartment for a few hours. Michael had unexpectedly come to the rescue two weeks ago when he’d called Pam into his office to ask her to go to see High School Musical on Ice with him. Thinking quickly, Pam had decided to use the opportunity for what else but a prank on Jim. She’d wondered briefly if it was too cruel to prank her boyfriend on his birthday, but the opportunity was too perfect to pass up. She’d told Michael that she knew Jim had been raving about the show and would love to go with him as a birthday surprise. Up until today, Michael had been uncharacteristically prudent about keeping his birthday gift a secret. He’d even concocted a fake excuse to get Jim out of the office early, telling him that they needed to meet with an extremely important client from the Lackawanna County Board of Directors.

Pam approached Jim’s desk. “You ready?”

He stood up and grabbed his coat. “Yep.”

Dwight stood up as well and asked, “Where are you two going?”

Jim opened his mouth to come up with some smarmy retort, but Pam stopped him with a hand on his arm. “We’re going to Cuginos. For Jim’s birthday lunch.”

Dwight puffed out his chest comically. “Make sure you are back by 1:30, or I will have to file a report with Michael.”

“Dwight, I believe I am your superior. So if you file a report with Michael, I will have to report you for insubordination.”

Dwight opened his mouth to respond, but Pam was already pulling Jim towards the exit.

---

When Pam and Jim arrived at Cuginos, the hostess directed them to the small, private booth near the back that Pam had requested. As Jim took her coat and sat down opposite her, she wondered if he would remember.

He cleared his throat and looked across the table. “We sat here…”

“On our first date.” She finished. Pam had finally acknowledged to herself that their friendly lunch at Cuginos years ago when she had still been engaged to Roy had indeed been a date. In contrast to her disastrous first date with Roy, it had also been the best first date she’d ever been on. Pam smiled at her boyfriend. “I didn’t know if you’d remember.”

“Of course I remember.” He reached across the table and took her hands into his, stroking her knuckles. His eyes sparkled. “I’m so glad I’m really here with you.”

The waiter approached, breaking the moment. Pam ordered Eggplant Parmesan and Jim ordered Spaghetti and Meatballs, and they ended up on the same side of the booth, giggling and feeding each other off of their respective plates. The meal was over too quickly and they had to return to Dunder Mifflin or face Dwight’s wrath. As they walked to the door of the office complex, Jim turned to her and pouted. “Do I have to go to this meeting with Michael later?”

“Yes, you big baby. But I’ll be waiting for you when you get out.”

“Will you have baked me a cake?”

“Yes.”

“Will there be balloons and party favors?” He teased.

She cocked her head and said, “Perhaps,” pushing the elevator button for the third floor.

---

Michael and Jim left at 4:08. Pam set her voicemail to automatic, and when Dwight went to speak to Angela about the yearly expense reports at 4:19, Pam slipped out the door.

She had one more thing to pick up for tonight at Steamtown Mall. She walked into Victoria’s Secret, looking around her to make sure no one she knew saw her there. She must have looked as overwhelmed as she felt, because an overly cheery sales associate accosted her as she thumbed through the bras.

“Hello and welcome to Victoria’s Secret! We have a sale on our PINK collection of pajamas; they’re buy one get one half off. Can I help you find anything specific?”

Pam asked the saleswoman to point her in the direction of the clearance section, and headed over to pick out something special to wear for that night. When she saw it, hidden near the back, she knew Jim would love it. Smiling, she tried it on, and even she thought she looked especially sexy. The top was black and lacy, with little pink bows on the cups. The bottoms were little boy shorts that emphasized her ass, which she knew would drive Jim wild. She bought the set and headed home.

When Pam arrived back at Jim’s apartment, she went into the bedroom. She wanted to surprise Jim with her new bra and panties set, so she kneeled down and slid the pink bag under the bed. She pushed the bag as far as it would go, brushing her hand against something. She knelt down further and looked under the bed. There was a small plastic box hidden far under their bed.

Pam pulled the box out from under the bed. The box was filled with videocassettes. Pam took off the top, picked up the top tape, and examined it. There was no label. None of the tapes were labeled.

Suddenly she felt a twinge of guilt from somewhere she couldn’t identify. All she knew was that she didn’t feel right snooping under Jim’s bed. She put the tapes she picked out back into the box, and slid it back under Jim’s bed.

Pam checked her watch. It was 5:30. She was shocked by the way the time had flown by. She had to get started on Jim’s special birthday dinner. Pam was most definitely not an expert chef, and neither was Jim. Most nights when they cooked together, their meals consisted of simple dishes that came in boxes labeled “Stouffers” or “Digiornos.” That is why Pam wanted to give Jim a special surprise by making his favorite food of soft-shell crabs. She’d found what appeared to be a fairly simple recipe online. She went into the living room and scanned Jim’s cd collection, settling on Travis. She put the cd into his stereo and smiled, humming the familiar chords of a band that she’d forever associate with Jim.

Swaying to the music, she stirred, salted, and dipped, pleased with herself for cooking what was looking to become a successful and delicious meal. But when she finally put the crabs in the oven so that they would stay warm and set the table, it was 6:40 and she had nothing to do but wait for Michael to bring Jim home. Her mind darted back to the tape under Jim’s bed. She wondered what it was. Did Jim have a secret and shameful obsession with Battlestar Galactica, so he hid the tapes under the bed? That couldn’t be it, because Jim had TiVo. Then Pam thought of what she had on tape. The only videocassettes she still had were home videos from her childhood.

Now her curiosity had the better of her. She found the tape and put it into the vcr, and pressed play.

It was a shot of Jim’s bedroom. The comforter was different; it was the one Jim had before she moved in. It was messier too, but it was his bedroom. For a minute, there was nothing on the screen. Pam frowned. What was this?

Then she heard the sound of a door slam in the video, and the lower half of Jim that she’d recognize anywhere appeared on-screen. He wasn’t alone.

Jim’s hands were wrapped around a female waist that definitely wasn’t Pam’s. The mysterious woman slipped her arms beneath Jim’s and grabbed his behind. He thrust his hips against her, and she moaned his name, “Jimmmmm.”

Pam gasped. She knew that voice. What she saw on the screen next confirmed it. Pam nearly jumped across the couch in her rush to turn off the vcr.

---

Pam heard the click of the front door opening.

“You’re a cruel woman, Beesly. The disturbing thing is that I kind of enjoyed…” Jim stopped when he saw Pam sitting on the couch with her head in her hands. “Pam, what’s wrong?”

All Pam heard was buzzing in her ears. She jumped up and grabbed her purse, not even looking at Jim, and headed for the door.

“Pam?”

The door slammed and Jim’s smoke detector went off.

---
Chapter End Notes:
Soft-shell Crabs: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fried-Soft-Shell-Crab/Detail.aspx
Pam’s lingerie: http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=8J-222100&page=1&cgname=OSBRPVALZZZ&rfnbr=4607

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans