- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The office workers talk about the party in a series of Talking Heads.
Friday, February 15th, 2008


Talking Head - Michael Scott

"So the party was great, maybe the best one ever, and it was my idea to get everyone to give ideas, so all the good stuff can be attribu...tated to me."

 

Talking Head - Jim Halpert and Pam Beesly

Jim: "I won the Lincoln look-a-like contest."

Pam: "Mostly because of his height."

Jim: "And the cherry filling strategically placed on my shirt."

Pam [to Jim]: "I still think telling Michael you'd been shot was cheating."

Jim: "She's a sore loser. She didn't like her award."

Pam [to Jim]: "Shut up!"

Jim: [laughing]"It was ‘best Dolly Madisons.'"

Pam: "I don't even know what that means."

Jim: "She knows what it means."

 

Talking Head - Kevin Malone

"The streamers were awesome. I wrote the names of the Union states on the blue ones and the Confederate States on the gray ones. They looked really good."

 

Talking Head - Angela Martin

"Am I surprised that Kevin added an educational element to the party? No. It's what I'd expect from a member of my accounting staff."

 

Talking Head - Phyllis Vance

"I've been doing the streamers for years, and Angela has never said a nice word about them. Kevin does the streamers one time, and everyone thinks he's a hero. I don't like him."

 

Talking Head - Andy Bernard

"I received the ‘worst stovepipe hat-head' award. I also told Angela about my ancestor who fought in the Civil War. Shot in the foot while retreating. She was impressed."

 

Talking Head - Toby Flenderson

"Michael gave me the ‘worst everything' award. I thought about reporting him, but it wouldn't change anything. I think I'll just leave early instead."

 

Talking Head - Dwight Schrute

"I won the presidential trivia contest, and I helped with setting up the party and putting everything away. I think my help was appreciated. The party planning committee and its head should be commended for their work and her work."

 

Talking Head - Creed Bratton

"Andrea reimbursed me for the pastries, so I'm ahead about twenty bucks for the day. Plus, I had a front row seat for the girl fight. The redhead and the little spicy girl were fighting over the big warehouse guy."

 

Talking Head - Kelly Kapoor

"I won!"

 

Talking Head - Darryl Philbin

"Meredith got into her part a little more than Kelly would have liked, but it all ended up okay. And I got the ‘most like George Washington' award. Michael didn't say why. [pause] I don't really understand it."

 

Talking Head - Stanley Hudson

"The pastries were good. I'd rather we just got to go home early."

 

Talking Head - Oscar Martinez

"It was one of the better parties, really. No one cried. All in all, better than most."

 

Talking Head - Meredith Palmer

"Well, Darryl went home with Kelly, so I lost my chance at him. But then Creed said he'd buy the first round at Poor Richard's, so I guess I'm gonna do that. It could still be a good night. You never know."

 

Talking Head - Jim Halpert and Pam Beesly

Pam: "I was looking forward to being on vacation knowing I was missing the party."

Jim: "It was nice of Michael to want us here, though."

Pam: "Missing it still would have been better."

Jim: "Definitely. [to Pam] Do you think we can sneak out now?"

Pam: "Yeah. If Michael tries to stop us, you can act presidential."

Jim: "You can distract him with your Dolly Madisons."

Pam: "I hate you."

Jim: "So unpatriotic."

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks to Swedge and Azlin for the beta.

I'm off to Scottsdale soon; but I'll be replying to any reviews from there when I can. :)

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Too Late Kev is the author of 22 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked President's Day also liked 2122 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Holiday: Just One Day Out Of Life. The previous story in the series is Valentine Locks Of Love. The next story in the series is Palm Sunday: Welcome to Stanley Hudson's Life.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans