- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Big thanks to ItalianFood!!

Pam meets Mom and Dad Halpert. Hope you enjoy it!!

Jim poured himself a cup of coffee and walked outside to get the newspaper. He had woken up early with his arms still wrapped around Pam. She was curled up next to him, her curls tickling his cheek. He pressed a kiss gently to her lips and then carefully climbed out of bed, so he wouldn't disturb her.

He was sitting at the kitchen table, reading the sports page when the phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

"Hi sweetheart."

"Hey Mom." Jim said. "How are you?"

"I'm good. How are you?"

"I'm good."

"How's Pam? Are you guys having a good weekend?"

"Yeah. We went to the reflecting pool at Nay Aug."

"Oh great! Well look, I was just calling to see if you guys would like to come over for dinner tonight?"

"Oh……" Jim paused.

His mom must have sensed his hesitation because she said, "If not, that's okay. I just thought I'd ask."

"Oh no mom, I'm glad you did. I really want you guys to meet her. Let me ask her and I will call you back, okay?"

"Okay. And Jim? There is no pressure. We just want to meet this girl…finally."

"I know. I want you to. I will ask her and call you right back."

"Love you."

"Love you too mom." Jim hung up the phone and then placed it down on the table. He glanced up at the clock. It was amazing to him that even though she was just upstairs, he missed her. He missed the feel of her skin, the smell of her hair, the warmth of her smile.

He didn't know how on earth he had made it without her for so long. He placed his coffee cup in the sink and then hurried upstairs, taking the stairs two at a time. He quietly opened his bedroom door and smiled at the sight of her. She was on her side, facing him, her arms wrapped loosely around his pillow. Her face looked so peaceful that he thought for 2 seconds about not waking her. The thought didn't last long as he crossed over to the bed in two steps and hurled himself on top of it.

"Wake up!" he said pressing soft kisses all over her face.

A smile broke across Pam's face and she slowly opened her eyes.

"Good morning to you too." She said stretching slightly. "That was quite the wake up call."

"Too much sleep isn't good for you." Jim said matter-of-factly.

"Well thank you Dr. Halpert." Pam said wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him down for a kiss.

"Quick question." Jim said as he brushed a curl off her face and gently kissed her forehead. Pam smiled. She could definitely get used to getting woken up like this.

"What's that?" she asked.

"My mom called a little bit ago. She wanted to know if we wanted to have dinner with them tonight?"

"Really?" Pam asked sitting up.

"I know. It might be too soon for that, but she asked and I told her I would ask you."

"No……it's not that. I would love to meet your family. It would be fun."

"Are you sure? It's totally your choice."

Pam was silent for a moment and then said, "Let's do it. I really want to meet them."

Jim studied her face for a moment and she smiled as if to reassure him.

"Ok cool. Thanks. My mom will be really happy. I'll be right back."

Pam watched as Jim walked out of the room. She sighed and then leaned back against the pillows. It wasn't that she didn't want to meet Jim's family. She really wanted to meet them, to see where this man that she was in love with came from. She was just worried about how they would react to her. She knew that Jim was close to his family and so she was sure that they knew at least a little bit of what had happened between them. She tried to think about if she was mother and what she would think of someone who hurt her child. She just hoped that if Jim could forgive her, than his family would be able to also.

A few minutes later Jim returned and sat back down on the bed next to her.

"Dinner's at 6:30. She is really excited." He leaned over and kissed her firmly. "Thank you. This really means a lot to me."

Pam kissed him again, threading her fingers through his hair. She knew she had to put her nerves and insecurities aside, if for nothing else but to make him happy. Jim sighed as she gently pushed him back on the bed, lips not leaving his. He wrapped his arms tightly around her waist and pulled her close. She moved her kisses from his lips to his cheek, then neck and then up to his ear.

"I need to go take a shower." She whispered in between kisses. "Care to join me?"

She started laughing as Jim jumped off the bed and yanked his t-shirt off over his head.

"Is that a yes?" she asked.

He grabbed her hands and pulled her up off the bed. She breathed in deeply as his fingers lightly grazed her side as he pulled her shirt off. She threw her arms around his neck and squealed a little as he lifted her off the ground and carried her across the hall to the bathroom. He finished undressing her while they waited for the water to warm up. Then kissing frantically they stumbled inside and he slid the curtain closed. Pam loved the feel of his hands on her skin, the warm pressure of his kisses. He loved the way that her fingers tugged slightly on his hair and then massaged lightly over his arms and across his back. The way that she moaned in his ear as he pushed into her, was like nothing he had ever heard before. He lifted her up slightly and she grabbed tightly to him as he gently pressed her back against the side of the shower. She closed her eyes and tilted her head to the side as his lips found her neck. They didn't speak. Just took pleasure in what was happening and the fact that they could share this together. When they were done, they both stood under the warm spray of water, just holding tightly to each other, waiting for their breathing to return to normal. Pam smiled as she looked up at him, amazed that it got better every time.

They spent the day just hanging out. They went to the movies and went to Cuiginos for lunch. Jim remembered the first lunch they had there, and how from the moment he knew that there was something about Pam that was special. He also remembered the disappointment that he had felt when the light reflected off of the small diamond that was on her left hand. He shook the thought away because he didn't want to remember those moments anymore. He wanted to focus on what was happening now. After lunch they went for a walk around downtown Scranton, just holding hands and talking. They talked more about their childhoods and teenage years. Jim told her about the senior trip he took to California and how he had gotten sick on the roller coaster at Magic Mountain. Pam told him how she had cried for days when her pet goldfish died. Pam couldn't quite put a finger on how she was feeling. Jim had been her best friend for so long, but she had always held back with him, afraid of what would happen if she let herself give a hundred percent. She was still talking to Jim, the man who was her best friend, but now there was so much more underneath it. She loved every moment that she got to share with him, whether they were kissing, or making love or just walking around talking about a moment from their past. She loved it all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Around 5:00 they went back to Jim's house to get ready for dinner. Jim pulled on clean jeans and a nice green and blue striped sweater and then went downstairs while Pam finished getting ready. He was sitting on the couch watching Sports Center when the front door opened and Mark walked in.

"Hey man…" he said he said as Mark flopped down into a chair. "How was Hershey?"

"It was good. Once her dad got past the whole 'no one is good enough for my daughter' thing, it was pretty cool."

"Well I wouldn't want my daughter dating a juvenile delinquent like you."

"What he doesn't know Jim…." Mark laughed. "Where's Pam?"

"Upstairs changing her clothes. We're actually going to have dinner with my parents."

"Man……you're exposing her to the Halperts' this soon? I thought you wanted her to stay your girlfriend."

"Oh and who's parents asked one of your girlfriends how many guys she had slept with the first time they met her?"

"Ouch. Sometimes I forget how long I've known you."

Jim laughed and then turned his head when he heard Pam coming down the stairs. She had changed into a pair of khaki pants and a cute black top and her loose curls framed her face.

"Hi." She said as she walked into the living room.

Jim and Mark both stood up and Jim said, "Pam, you remember my roommate Mark."

"Hi. It's nice to see you again." Pam said with a smile.

"Yeah you too. So you're meeting the Halpert clan tonight huh?"

"Yeah. Anything I should know?"

"Watch out for his mom's right eye. It wanders." Pam was still for a minute a look of slight confusion on her face, unable to tell if he was kidding. Luckily Jim saved her by bursting out laughing.

"Jerks……" Pam said feigning irritation, but couldn't control the smile that spread across her face.

"Seriously though. They are great people. You'll be fine."

"And why should I believe anything that you say?" Pam with a bit of an annoyed attitude. Then it was Mark's turn to be a little stunned. Pam stared at him for a moment, almost as if she was challenging him and then flashed him a smile.

"And the point goes to Pam for the win …" Mark laughed as Jim wrapped an arm around Pam's waist. "You guys have fun tonight."

Jim helped Pam on with her coat and then followed her out to his car.

"Mark likes you." He said as he settled into the drivers set and buckled his seatbelt.

"He seems really cool." Pam said quietly. She didn't say much while they drove, just stared silently out the window. She could feel butterflies forming in her stomach. Jim looked over and saw her twisting her fingers in her lap, a habit he knew she did when she was nervous or anxious.

"Hey…" he said softly reaching over and taking her hand. "They are going to love you. Don't worry."

Pam just smiled weakly and then turned back to the window, holding tightly to Jim's hand.

A few minutes later they pulled up in front of a two story brick house. Jim unbuckled his seat belt and then turned to face Pam who was still looking out the window.

"Pam…" he said gently. Pam looked down at her hands and then over at him.

"Sorry." she said. "I'm more nervous than I thought I would be."

"It'll be okay. I promise. They really are nice people."

"Oh Jim. It's not that. I am sure they are fantastic. I just…" Pam shrugged. "…want them to like me."

Jim leaned over and kissed her gently, "They will. Come on." He got out of the car and opened her door for her. Then lacing his fingers through hers he led her up the walkway to the front steps. He kissed her once more, gave her hand a reassuring squeeze and then opened the front door.

"Hello?" he called out as he helped Pam off with her coat and hung it on the hook by the door.

"Jim?" he heard his mom call out. She hurried into the foyer, wiping her hands on a kitchen towel. "Hi!" she said warmly when she saw them.

"Mom…this is Pam. Pam this is my mom Anne."

"Hi Mrs. Halpert. It's so nice to meet you."

"Please call me Anne. And it's wonderful to finally meet you." Anne said pulling Pam into a gentle hug. "Come in, come in. Your dad and Jake are in the living room."

Jim took Pam's hand and they followed his mom into the living room.

"Hey Dad." Jim said.

Jim''s dad and brother were sitting on the sofa watching some ball game on TV. James stood up when he saw Jim and Pam.

"You must be Pam." he said extending his hand. "What you see in this guy I'll never know!"

"James…" Anne said sternly, but Pam could see the same twinkle in her eye that Jim had.

Pam just laughed and said, "Ah…he's alright". Jim's parents laughed and Anne winked at Jim from over Pam's shoulder making Jim smile.

"Pam this is my brother Jake." Jim said noticing the way that Jake wouldn't get off the couch. He just mumbled hey and turned back to the TV. Luckily, no one else seemed to notice the icy exchange.

"Dinner should be ready in just a few minutes." Anne said.

"Can I do something to help?" Pam asked.

"Sure. Thank you for asking. Besides, when all these boys get together who knows what will happen."

Pam smiled up at Jim before following his mom into the kitchen. Jim sat down next to his dad on the couch.

"She seems great Jim." James said picking up the remote.

"Yeah. She is." Jim said looking pointedly at Jake. Jake just stared ahead blankly at the TV.

A few minutes later Pam came back into the living room and announced that dinner was ready. Pam smiled as Jim pulled her chair out for her. It still surprised her at times how considerate he was. Then she saw his dad do the same thing for his mom and it made sense.

Dinner started off very smoothly. Pam warmed up to his parents and was soon able to laugh and joke with them. Anne asked where Pam grew up and about her interests. Jim watched with a smile on his face as Pam's eyes lit up when she talked about her internship. Anne studied Pam from across the table, watching the exchange between her and her son. She had to admit that she couldn't remember if she had ever seen Jim this happy before. At that moment she really didn't care what had happened in their past. If it had brought them to this point and they were both truly happy, then none of it mattered anymore.

Pam was having a great time. She couldn't stop laughing at the playful banter between Jim and his dad and she loved seeing him interact with his family. Her laughter died slightly when she looked across the table and caught Jake looking at her. The minute her eyes locked with his, he rolled them slightly and looked away. Pam furrowed her brow confused by the look, but then she turned her attention back to Jim before anyone noticed the slight frown on her face, hoping that she had just imagined the eye roll. However, her fears were once again confirmed, when Anne stood up to clear some plates off the table and said, "I am so glad that you two are finally together."

Pam looked over and Jim and gently squeezed his hand. "Me too…" she said softly. This was met by a loud scoff from Jake. Everyone stopped and looked at him, but he just looked down at his plate. Pam glanced at Jim and her heart sank a little when she saw his jaw tense, lips pressed firmly together looking at Jake.

"Why don't you guys go into the living room and I'll see if I can convince James to help me bring it dessert." Anne said quickly, hoping to relieve some of the instant tension that had settled around the table. Jake shot one more look at Pam and then shoved his chair back and stormed into the living room.

"I'll help." Pam said quickly standing up and stacking her plate on top of Jim's. Jim gave her a sad smile, whispered thanks and then headed in the same direction as Jake.

Jake was sitting on the couch, elbows resting on his knees with his head in his hands when Jim walked into the living room.

"Jake. Outside. Now." Jim said gruffly.

Jim's words were dripping with disdain and luckily Jake was the only one in the living room to hear them. Jake didn't acknowledge Jim; he just stood up and made his way outside, bracing himself for the inevitable confrontation.

As soon as the back door closed, Jim tore into Jake.

'"What the hell was that?"

"What? I don't know what you're talking about." Jake mumbled.

"Don't hand me that bullshit Jake. You know exactly what you did. You were so rude to Pam." Jim was practically fuming, he was so angry.

"Let's not talk about it now. I don't want to ruin your perfect day, Jim" Jake said sarcastically.

"No. Now is the perfect time to talk about it. What do you have against Pam?"

"Listen...I just don't want you to get hurt. You two don't exactly have the best track record."

"Why do you keep thinking that I'll get hurt? I'm 27 years old Jake, I think I can handle myself."
Jim shouted grabbing a basketball that was sitting on the back step.

"Fine. Don't come crying to me when she breaks your heart.....again."

"Why can't you just be happy for me for once? Things are finally going right with her and you're being all negative about it." Jim said as he sunk the basketball into the net, watching it bounce of the garage door and roll back to him

"I just don't see how you can forget years and years of heartache and pain over a few weeks of puppy love. I guess that's how were different." Jake answered as he grabbed the ball from Jim's grasp and began dribbling.

"You're going to have to get used to this different side of me because she's it for me, Jake." Jim said jumping up and blocking Jake's shot. "I know she's in this for the long haul. She was really nervous about meeting all of you and I thought you, of all people, would be happy for us and yet you made an ass out of yourself in front of everyone tonight. I think you should apologize to Pam."


"I'll apologize the day you get married....if that ever happens." Jake said under his breath, shooting the ball.

"You don't get it do you? Pam is the love of my life and I'm not letting her slip through my fingers."
Jim grabbed the ball and chucked it back at Jake. "I can't talk about this with you anymore. I shouldn't have to defend my decisions on who I want to be with."

"I'm going inside, Jim. We're not getting anywhere with this conversation."
Jake said as he threw the ball back to Jim.

"Just get that apology ready, Jake 'cause it's going to happen." Jim screamed as Jake opened the door to go inside.

Jim shot a few more baskets, trying to get Jake's words out of his head. She loves me, he thought to himself. Jake's just trying to be over-protective of me. What if he sees something I don't. They say 'Love is Blind', don't they? No. Jake doesn't see us when we're alone. He doesn't know that Pam has told me she loves me and that we're both finally happy. Jim slammed the ball against the garage door as hard as he could, surprised that it didn't leave a dent. He needed to cool down some more before he went inside so that Pam wouldn't think he was mad at her. His solution was short-lived though, when Pam opened the door and started walking towards him.

"You okay?" Pam asked with a look of concern and fear mixed in her eyes.

"What? Oh yeah just arguing about the Phillies game. Nothing big."
Jim answered, looking at the ball rolling around the driveway instead of looking Pam.

"Jim...your brother just stormed into the house looking really mad. There's no way a game made him that mad. What is it? You know you can talk to me."

"I know. Seriously, Pam, there's nothing wrong. Let's go inside and eat some dessert, okay" Jim said finally meeting her gaze.

"Okay…" Pam said as Jim put his arm around her shoulder and led her into the house. She knew something bigger was bothering Jim, but she also knew he was trying to spare her feelings.

They went back inside and joined Jim's family in the living room. Pam laughed and smiled at Jim when his mom showed her some of his baby pictures. Even Jake joined in the conversation a little bit, lightly teasing Jim, almost as if he was giving up a bit of a peace offering. When the time came from Jim and Pam to leave, Anne gave Pam a hug and told her that they hoped to see her again soon. Jim stood back a little and watched the exchange between Pam and his parents. They seemed to be absolutely taken with her. His mom was smiling and his dad was laughing at something that she had just said. When Anne hugged Jim she whispered in his ear, ""She's great! Absolutely great."

Jim smiled and whispered, "Thanks mom."

"See ya, Jake." Jim said as he opened the front door.

Jake gave Jim a sad smile and said, "Bye." Then he shook Pam's hand and then quickly looked away.

Pam folded her small hand inside Jim's as they walked towards the car. He opened the door for her and then went around and climbed in, waving one more time to his parents who were still standing in the open doorway. As Jim pulled away from the curb, he looked in the rear view mirror to see his mom place her hand on Jake's arm, stopping him from walking inside.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anne waved one last time as Jim's car disappeared down the street. Then she turned back to Jake.

"So are you going to tell me what happened between you two at dinner?" she asked.

Jake closed the front door and sighed before saying, "It was nothing."

"It didn't look like nothing."

Anne followed Jake into the living room and stood with her hands on her hips as he sunk down onto the couch. After a minute Jake looked up at his mom and asked, "Do you like her?"

"Yes, I like her. I thought she was great."

"And is doesn't at all bother you that this is the same girl that ripped out your sons heart and treated it like it was worthless?"

"Jake…" Anne said gently.

"No." Jake said stubbornly. "This is ridiculous. We all know what happened last year. We all know that she is the reason why Jim moved and was basically a recluse for 6 months. That's not Jim. He's never been that guy before. What the hell does this girl have on him?"

"Look Jake. I had my reservations at first too. Everything you just said is true. She did hurt him and it would be hard to look past that. But didn't you see them together? Didn't you see the look on his face. I've never seen him like that before. Maybe all that past stuff was what they needed to truly appreciate each other now. You are entitled to your own feelings, but I think you should of at least given her a chance. She is wonderful. I'm just sorry you couldn't see that."

Anne gave Jake a sad smile and then turned around and walked into the kitchen leaving him sitting in silence on the couch. Jake slumped back against the couch, replaying his conversation with Jim. They had never exchanged such harsh words before, at least not over something that actually mattered. He sat there for a while thinking. She did seem to make him happy, and the truth was that Jake had never met Pam before tonight, so he really didn't know what kind of person she was. After a few minutes he got up and went into the kitchen. Anne was standing at the sink, washing dishes. He grabbed a towel and started drying.

Finally he turned to her and said, "You're right mom. I should of given her a chance. I'll call Jim tomorrow."

Anne just smiled and with a quick glance at him said, "I'm glad."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pam sat quietly, her hands in her lap. Jim hadn't said much since they left his parents house. She knew that something was bothering him and the silence was killing her.

Finally she looked at him and said, "Your family is really nice. I had a good time."

"Yeah, they really liked you."

Pam turned and looked out the window, "Yeah, everyone but Jake."

Jim hesitated and then said, "No…it's not that. Jake just……" he trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"Come on Jim. I'm not stupid. I was at the dinner table."

Jim didn't say anything, so Pam continued. "I'm a big girl. I can take it. Trust me. I am no stranger to awkward family meetings."

Jim smiled and said, "Oh yeah? Why don't you tell me about that."

"You want to hear about Roy's family?"

"Oh. No I really don't." Jim took a deep breath and then said, "Seriously Pam, it's not that big of a deal. Jake is just being protective. I guess that's what a big brother is supposed to do."

"Protect you from what? From me?"

"He just doesn't understand…this...us." Jim said quietly.

"You did tell him that this was serious right? Why does he think that he needs to be protective of you?"

"I honestly don't know, Pam. I don't know what his problem is."" Jim pulled into his driveway and turned off the car. He was quiet again and then said, "Look let's just enjoy what time we have together before you have to go back to New York, okay?"

Pam studied his face for a minute, not knowing quite what to say. A million different thoughts were racing through her head. He has to know that I love him right? I've tried to show him. Pam knew that it was just going to take time. He had loved her for years, sitting silently by watching her live what she thought was the life she wanted, just wanting her to be happy. She had hurt him and she couldn't expect him to come fully back from that in just a matter of weeks. He had hurt her too but they were finally working past that and for someone to tell Jim they had doubts scared her. He wouldn't throw this away because of what his brother said, would he?

It was almost as if Jim could see the thoughts that were racing through her head, because he gently put his hand on her knee and said, "Everything is okay. Really. I love you."

She took his hand and squeezed it gently as they walked up to his front door. They walked inside and Jim tossed his keys down on the table. Pam took off her coat and hung it up. Jim was standing behind her and she could feel his eyes on her. She turned around and without saying a word took his hand and led him upstairs. She shut his bedroom door and then walked towards him, sliding her hands from his waist, up his chest and into his hair. She kissed him deeply, running her tongue lightly along his bottom lip.

"Jim……" she said breathily. "I need you to know something. When I said before, that this was it for me, I meant it. I will do whatever you need me to do to prove that."

Jim kissed her again, pulling her flush up against his body and then pulled away slightly so he could look down at her. "Pam, please don't let what happened tonight with my brother make you think anything. We both did things…before, that were stupid. But we need to let it go. I love you. I've always loved you and I know that you love me. That's all that matters."

He kissed her again sighing softly as her fingers found the bottom of his shirt, skimming over the firm muscles in his stomach. He lifted his arms so that she could pull it up over his head. She leaned forward and placed a soft kiss against his chest, feeling his heart beating. She stepped back so that he could slide her shirt off, then wrapping his arms around her he moved back slowly to lay on the bed, pulling her down with him. They kissed for what seemed like hours, just getting lost in each other eyes and in each others touch. They made love, slowly and tenderly, eyes locked together, whispering 'I love you' over and over again, as if they couldn't say it enough. Then they fell asleep, wrapped in each others arms.

Pam woke up the next morning and turned in the bed to look at Jim. He was lying on his stomach, face turned towards her. She smiled at the boyish way that his hair fell over his eyes, sticking up slightly, ruffled from sleep. She curled up next to him, trailing her fingers over the scruff that covered his face. He stirred slightly and then opened his eyes, smiling at her.

"Good morning…" he said in that low, husky voice that made her heart flutter.

"Hi……" she said kissing him lightly.

"How are you?"

"I'm good. How are you?"

"Great……" she said kissing him again.

He rolled over and slid his arms around her. He pulled her close and buried his face in her hair. "I decided something." He said.

"What?"

"You can't go back to New York. Either that or I am quitting my job today and going with you. I can't say goodbye to you anymore. I hate it."

"I know. I hate it too. But just think. It's only 4 more weeks, and then we won't ever be apart again."

"Okay……" Jim grumbled. "Promise?"

"I promise." She said.

"Do you want to go get some breakfast?" he asked.

"Sure. That would be fun." She said sitting up and grabbing her cell phone from her purse. "Let me just check to see if I have any messages about the art show."

"Okay. I am going to go jump in the shower."

Pam checked her messages and then climbed out of bed wrapping the blanket around herself. She was about to head towards the bathroom when Jim's cell phone started to ring.

"Hey……" Jim said poking his head out of the bathroom. "Could you answer that?"

"Sure." Pam said going back and sitting on his bed. She flipped open the phone and said, "Hello?"

There was silence on the other end and then she heard someone clear their throat before saying, "Hi. Is this Pam?"

"Yes……." She said gripping the blanket tighter around her chest.

"Hi. This is Jake. Jim's brother."

"Oh……hi. Um…Jim is in the shower. Do you want me to take a message?"

"Um……well yes, but I actually wanted to talk to you also." Jake cleared his throat again.

"Oh……okay."

"I just wanted to apologize for last night. I was…out of line and I shouldn't have acted that way towards you."

"Well, thank you. I appreciate that." Pam was quiet for a moment and then said, "I don't know if its going to make any difference to you, but I am in love with your brother. I just need you to know that."

"Thanks Pam. I hope that we can start over."

"Definitely…" she said lifting her head as Jim walked back into the room, hair dripping wet, a towel slung low around his waist.

"Here's Jim. Thanks for calling. It was nice talking to you." Pam said smiling as Jim looked at her curiously.

"You too Pam. Thanks." Jake said.

Pam stood up and handed Jim the phone. "It's Jake." She mouthed and then kissing him quickly walked across the hall to the bathroom.

"Jake?" Jim asked sitting down on his bed.

"Hey man." Jake said quietly. Jim didn't say anything, just waited for Jake to continue.

"Look, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being a jerk about Pam. I don't know why I was being so lame about it. Its just…you're my brother and I don't want to see you go through that again."

"I understand and I appreciate you looking out for me, but…"

"I know Jim and I am sorry. She really does seem great and if you are happy…then I am happy. I just hope you'll give me a chance to get to know her again."

Jim smiled, "I guess we could do that. I'm sorry too."

"So we're good?" Jake asked.

"Absolutely. Thanks for calling Jake. I really appreciate it. I'll talk to you later okay?"

"Yeah……tell Pam to have a safe trip back to New York."

"I will. See ya."

Jim hung up his phone and then smiled as Pam came back into his bedroom, her damp curls clinging to her shoulders.

"Everything okay?" she asked, pulling a pair of jeans and a sweater out of her suitcase. Jim came up behind her and slipped his arms around her waist, brushing the hair away from her neck, so he could kiss her shoulder.

"Everything is great." He said.

"That was nice of him to call. I'm glad everything got worked out with you guys."

"Me too."

After they got dressed, they went to breakfast and then back to Jim's house. They ended up in Jim's backyard curled up together on the porch swing, Pam with her sketch pad and Jim with a book. Pam stretched her legs over Jim's lap and studied his profile, loving the intent look on his face while he read. She flipped to a clean page and began to draw, trying to capture the firmness of his jaw and the details of his face. After awhile, she closed her book and leaned her head back against the pillow that was on the swing, just watching him. He glanced over at her and saw her watching him.

"What?" he asked closing his book.

"I love you." She said reaching over the taking his hand.

"Good." He said lifting her hand and pressing it to his chest. "I love you too."

The rest of the afternoon passed by too quickly and before they knew it, it was time for Pam to leave. He carried her suitcase downstairs and put it in the car for her. She threw her arms around his neck and laughed as he picked her up off the ground and squeezed her tightly.

"Call me when you get into the city." He said setting her back down.

"I will. Have a good week. Don't prank Dwight too much."

"I'll see what I can do." He said kissing her soundly. She kissed him once more before she climbed into her car and pulled away from the curb.

Jim had just walked inside the house when his cell phone started to ring.

"Hey! Miss me already?" he asked sitting down at the kitchen table.

"Well yes, but actually something happened to my car. I turned the corner and it just died."

"Oh no……" Jim said hurrying towards the front door. "Well where are…" he stopped short as he opened the front door and saw Pam standing there, hand raised to knock.

"I don't know what to do." She said. "I have to be back for class tomorrow and no mechanic will be open today."

"Well, first of all let me go get Mark and we will push your car back here. Then…well…I can drive you home. I have like 80 hours of saved up vacation time. Maybe it's time I used a couple of those days."

"Really? You'd do that?"

"Of course! Just gives me more time with you."

"Thank you Jim." She saw grabbing him in a hug.

Mark and Jim pushed Pam's car back to their house and then Jim tossed some clothes into a bag and then they were on their way to the city.

Chapter End Notes:
Halpert House: http://tinyurl.com/3ownux

You know the drill!! REVIEW...REVIEW...REVIEW!!!! Please!!!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans