- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
We fast forward a few months to see how Pam and Jim's lives have changed.

Thank you to ItalianFood for her help with this chapter!

We really appreciate all of you that have read and those that reviewed!

Warning: Very fluffy ending. There is no getting around it! :)

Pam finished fastening the clasp of her necklace and then glanced at herself in the mirror. She smiled when she saw Jim sitting behind her on the bed tying his tie. She watched as he stood up and slipped his suit coat on. The past 6 months had been the best months she’d ever had. Pam didn’t think that she had smiled so much in her whole life. She’d be at the grocery store and suddenly realize that the checker was looking at her weird because of the huge smile she had on her face; all because the peanut butter she had bought was Jim’s favorite and she knew he’d be happy. She dabbed a bit of perfume on her neck and wrists and then walked over and slipped her arms around his waist.

“Hey…” he said softly turning to face her. “Wow. You look amazing.”

“I’m wearing khakis….and a blouse you’ve seen me in 100 times.” Pam said looking down at herself.

“And your point is?” Jim asked seriously.

“Well thanks. You don’t look so bad yourself.” Pam muttered knowing that she was blushing.

“Yeah well I’ve been working out.” Jim said with a smile wrapping his arms tightly around her. Pam sighed happily as she felt Jim’s lips graze across her forehead.

“You ready to go?” He asked after a moment.

“No…” Pam said slipping her hands underneath his jacket. “Let’s just stay in.”

Jim laughed and then dipped his head down to kiss her softly. “I don’t think that would go ever so well. Especially with the bride.”

“Okay, okay…” Pam said reluctantly pulling away from him. She stopped when Jim pulled her back to his chest, placed his hands gently on her face and kissed her again.

When he finally pulled away Pam looked up at him a little breathless. He smirked and then said, “Okay…now we can go.”

“No fair Halpert…” she said as she grabbed her coat and the garment bag that was hanging behind the door and followed him out of the room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jim opened the door of the cab for Pam and then quickly jogged around to the other side, pulling his coat tightly against the cold December night. He slid into the seat and closed the door behind him.

“Plaza hotel please.” He said to the driver before settling back against the seat. Pam’s hand instantly found his and he squeezed it tightly before placing a kiss against her temple.

“What time is it?” Pam asked.

“4:30…we have plenty of time.” Jim said glancing at his watch.

“I know. I’m just excited. I haven’t see Natalee since her shower almost a month and half ago.”

“Plus you’re excited to walk down the aisle with a hot groomsman.”

“Oh man. I had no idea I was that transparent.” Pam said playfully slapping his arm.

“I am on to you Beesly.” Jim said squeezing her hand again.

Once they got to the hotel, they went inside and walked towards the elevator. Jim was going to hang out with Aidan and the groomsmen before the wedding and Pam was going to the bridal suite to help Natalee get ready.

“I’ll see you in a little bit.” Pam said kissing Jim quickly as he walked off the elevator when it stopped at his floor. Jim winked at her as the doors slid closed and then made his way down towards the hotel room.

Jim smiled as he heard a familiar ring on his cell phone.

“Miss me already?” he said flipping open his phone.

“Not a chance…” Pam said.

“Fine. Good luck getting a ride back to Philly.”

“I’ll just ask my hot groomsmen.”

“You hurt me Pam. You really hurt me.”

“Well I have to get back, but I was just letting you know that Aidan isn’t there yet and he told me to tell you to just wait outside the room and he’ll be there in about 5 minutes.”

“Ok. Sounds good. See you in a couple of hours.”

“Oh…so you’ll stick around for me?”

“I guess.”

Pam laughed and then said goodbye. It amazed Jim that even just the faint sound of her laughter could still make his heart flutter, but he realized that it probably always would. That was one of the things that he loved about their relationship. The connection between them was deep and strong, yet sometimes when he went to hold her hand he still felt like a teenager; and when she threw her arms around his neck and kissed him when he came home from work he still felt a little weak in the knees. The past months had been amazing. He could still clearly picture her face when they pulled up in front of the house. He knew that she had loved it immediately. They had walked through each of the rooms hand in hand and Jim could hardly keep his eyes off of her as she admired the different parts of the house. He kissed away the tears in her eyes when she saw the terrace and they almost christened the entryway when Jim told her that it was theirs.

Their lives had been going great since they moved to Philly. He found he actually liked parts of his job even though he would hardly admit that to anyone. Pam had found a job shortly after they moved into the house, teaching art classes at an education center. She only worked Monday through Thursday so she spent most of Friday drawing in the studio that they had converted one of the bedrooms into. She had met a children’s book author at the education center and had been asked to submit some illustrations for her new book. They spent the weekends together exploring the city, taking long walks or cuddled up on the couch mocking bad TV and eating takeout.

Jim leaned up against the wall outside the hotel room door and slipped his hand into his pocket, pulling out a small, black velvet box. He opened it carefully and looked at the ring with a small smile on his face. Here they were, almost exactly 7 months to the day that Jim had shown up on her doorstep, back in a city that held special memories to the both of them and Jim had planned for tonight to be the night.

Two hours later Jim was sitting in a chair, in the candlelit ballroom with the other 249 wedding guests listening to the familiar sounds of Canon in D coming from the string quartet. The large wooden doors at the far end of the room opened and the wedding party started walking in. His breath caught when he saw Pam, the third bridesmaid to enter. Her hair was twisted up off her neck and the dark blue dress shimmered as she walked. She caught his eye almost immediately and smiled brightly. He smiled as she passed by, overwhelmed by a feeling of elation that this beautiful woman was his, that she loved him and after tonight she was going to be his fiancé. He watched as she parted from the groomsman and took her place with the other bridesmaids at the end of aisle. The quartet stared playing ‘Here comes the bride’ and Jim tore his eyes away from Pam to see Natalee enter on her fathers arm.

The ceremony was simple with Natalee and Aidan exchanging their own vows and kissing sweetly after they were pronounced man and wife. Jim caught Pam wiping a tear from her eye and as so often was the case, seemed to sense that he was looking at her. She turned slightly and winked at him causing him to smile again.

The audience stood as the wedding party exited the room behind the newlyweds and Jim followed the crowd as they made their way to the garden room where the reception was going to be held. He clapped along with everyone as the bridal party re-entered the room, but he was happy when Pam finally made her way over to him. She immediately wrapped her arms around him and stretched up to kiss him. After a minute she was swept away for pictures and Jim made small talk with some of the other guests, all the while fingering the box that was in his pocket.

Eventually Pam made her way back over to him collapsing into the chair next to him.

“I hate heels…” she said bending down slightly to rub her foot.

“I’ll give you a foot rub later.” Jim said casually draping his arm across the back of her chair.

“I’ll hold you to that.” Pam said. Then she quickly perked up as a song came over the sound system. “Oh I love this song!”

Jim stood up and held out his hand. Pam glanced up at him and eagerly took it as he led her onto the dance floor. They danced several songs, Jim’s arms fitting perfectly around her for the slow ones, Pam showing off her “dorky” dancing skills during the faster songs. They posed for a picture with the bride and groom as they made their way around all the guests and they saw the flash of another picture being taken as Jim had gently cupped his hand around her chin to pull her into a quick kiss.

Eventually the reception was over, they waved and cheered as Natalee and Aidan climbed into the limo that waited out front. Pam grabbed her bag and wrapped her coat tightly around herself as she and Jim stepped out of the hotel into the chilly night air. It had snowed the night before, but tonight was clear and the city lights danced off the crisp, white snow. From the way that Pam was looking around, Jim knew that she was thinking about how she could capture this in a painting.

Jim quickly hailed a cab and held the door for Pam as she slid inside. She looked up at him in slight confusion when he leaned forward and whispered something to the driver, but she didn’t think anything of it as she leaned her head back against the seat and closed her eyes. She loved the feel of his hand on her thigh, warm through the fabric of her dress. She felt herself dozing off, when she sensed the cab stop and she quickly opened her eyes.

“Where are we?” she asked looking at the window expecting to see their hotel.

“You’ll see.” Jim said climbing out of the cab and then hurrying around to help Pam out. When she bent back in to grab her bag he gently stopped her arm and said, “He’s waiting. We’ll be back. Come on.”

He slid his arm around her shoulders, pulling her close into his warm embrace. The walked for a moment, when Pam suddenly realized where they were. She opened her mouth to say something, but when she saw the look on Jim’s face she stopped and decided to go with it. She knew what she hoped was coming, but she didn’t want to read too much into it. They had started talking about getting married a few months ago. He had teased her the past couple months, with “fake” proposals; starting sentences with “Pam will you do me the honor of….” and then finishing with “…getting me some coffee?” It didn’t bother her though. She knew that it was coming and when it did it would, as Jim had promised one night as they lay in bed together, kick her ass.

They walked for a few minutes, enjoying the quiet of the park caused by the snow. It stretched out like blank canvas, occasionally splashed with the lights that peeked through the trees. Pam walked carefully because of her heels, but Jim had one arm around her waist and the other grasped her hand tightly and she knew that she was safe with him. Suddenly Jim stopped and Pam looked around, feeling a lump form in her throat when she realized where they were. Jim looked down at the tiny hand that was clasped in his and took a deep breath.

“Pam…” he began, his voice low and husky. Pam closed her eyes briefly, knowing that if this wasn’t it…Jim was going to have some explaining to do. She opened her eyes and looked at him, seeing the nervousness in his eyes. She squeezed his hand reassuringly, causing him to smile before continuing.

“I have loved you…as long as I have known you. Even when it seemed like I shouldn’t…or couldn’t. Sometimes it scares me to think of how much I love you and how I almost lost you. You are everything to me. You are such an amazing woman and you don’t even know it. I can‘t imagine my life without you.”

Pam blinked away the tears that were quickly forming in her eyes. She looked at this man standing before her, the man who loved her unconditionally, the man who made her feel things that she thought she was incapable of feeling, the man that she loved with every ounce of herself and it took a lot of resistance to not blurt out yes before he even asked the question. She watched with a smile on her face as Jim slowly lowered himself to one knee and reached inside his pocket. Her breath hitched as he pulled out a black box and opened it revealing the most beautiful ring she had ever seen.

“Pam…will you marry me?”

No sooner as he got the words out of his mouth did Pam blurt out yes, the tears finally spilling over and making their way slowly down her cheeks. Jim quickly slid the ring on her finger and stood up, gathering her up tightly in his arms. He breathed a sigh of relief, causing Pam to laugh and ask, “Did you think I was going to say no?”

He laughed and set her down, cupping her face gently in his hands before he kissed her.

“Well I worried that you might need a little convincing.”

Pam rolled her eyes as she wrapped her arms around his neck. “Nope…” she said kissing him again. “There is nothing else you need to say.”

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading!!


elly is the author of 0 other stories.
skeber is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 52 members. Members who liked Everything I Can't Say also liked 3073 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans