- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Second chapter's up! I really enjoy writing this! Thanks for reading it. It's really good for my english and it's also really fun to do! I hope you enjoy this one!
He didn't know what he had expected her to say. But still it hit him really hard that she didn't say anything. Of course he knew she was getting married, but he kept having this feeling.. He was just positive she wasn't marrying the right guy. Just because of the way they interacted, how they seem to complete each other and last but not least, how they could have so much fun together. It just felt so right when they were together.

Jim took of his shoes, sat down on his sofa and turned on the tv. There wasn't much on. Rain was slowly ticking on the roof. Suddenly he had a real bad headache. He felt so empty inside. The way she said "goodbye, Jim" made him feel so alone.

He knew he had lost her. That he wouldn't get another change like that. Because she needed to be left alone. She'd told him so many things, only by saying goodbye, the way she had done. Again he felt the urge to cry, but he got up and went to his bathroom to take a shower.
As the warm water ran over his face he realized he didn't regret telling her. He knew he needed closure, without that he would never be able to let her go. And that's what he needed to do. He needed to let her go. As hard as it was going to be, he knew that that's what he had to do.

******

He thought he'd heard something. A ringing sound. All drowsy he tried to open his eyes. Again he heard the ringing sound and he realized it was his doorbell. He glanced over at his alarm clock. 2:15am. He turned on a little light by his bed and got up. He noticed the rain had only gotten worse since he'd gone to sleep.
Slowly he opened the door.

"Hey.." a little voice said.

Pam was standing at his door, in the pouring rain.

"Jezus, Pam, you're soaking wet! Get in here!"

"Thank you."

As they stood in his livingroom, he saw her shiver.

"Hey, do you want a cup of tea or something? Maybe a towel?"

"Yeah, that would be great, thanks."

He went into the kitchen, wondering what she was doing at his place. He decided to give her some green tea. When he came back to the livingroom, Pam sat on his sofa.
He gave her her tea and one of his towels he'd pulled out of his closet.

"Thank you, Jim." He could tell she had been crying.

"You're welcome. So..." He didn't want her to feel awkward. "Were you just in the neighborhood?"

He spotted a little smile on her face, before it went back to it's serious expression.

"I had a fight with Roy." She just blurted it out.

"I'm sorry." He knew she knew he didn't mean that.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He did feel sorry for her though. He had been angry with Roy many times before, for hurting Pam.

"No."

She surprised him a little, with her firm rejection to talk. "Okay.." He didn't really know what to say, or what to do.

"At least, not yet. Ok? I was just wondering, if maybe.. If maybe I could stay here for a little while."

"Of course."

She gave him a weird smile, as though she was hiding the fact that all she really wanted to do is cry.
"I'm really exhausted. Do you mind if I go to sleep?"

"Of course not! You can take my bed, I'll sleep on the couch."

"Oh no, you don't have to, I don't want to be any trouble.."

"Trust me, you're not. I really don't mind, okay?"

"Okay."

They smiled at each other.

"Jim?"

"Hmmm?"

"Could you.. take me somewhere tomorrow?"

"Where do you want to go?"

"I don't know. Just, do something fun?"

"Sure, Beesly. I'll think of something."

She yawned and turned around.

"Goodnight, Halpert."

"Goodnight."

Letting her go suddenly became a lot harder again.
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you liked it! I'm sure i'll update soon. I really appreciate the reviews!! But of course you don't have to :P
You'll hear from me soon!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans