- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Third chapter allready. I'm really enjoying this way more than I would have thought! I just hope that you love reading it as much as I do writing it. Have fun!
He didn't sleep all night. The idea that Pam was actually lying in his bed was very surreal. All he tried to tell himself was that he shouldn't see stuff in it that wasn't actually there. She got in a fight with Roy, but it was not like that had never happened before. But still he couldn't help but wonder what the fight had been about. He decided not to ask Pam. He didn't want to upset her. If she wanted him to know, she'd tell hem.

He got up at 5am in the morning. He didn't feel like sleeping anyway. He was pacing up and down his livingroom, trying to not make any sound that would wake her up. She'd asked him to take her somewhere. Somewhere fun. What the hell was that all about?

Last night she made it pretty clear that she was with Roy and not with him. And that she wasn't planning on chancing that either. He had seen the look in her eyes. He had known she meant it. Maybe it was the little touch of regret on her face which made it even more real, even more definite that this was where they were, where they'd have to stay.

But then she came back.
She had come to his house. Plain and simple as that. And it confused him. If she would have shown up a week ago, it would have been totally different. He would have hold her in his arms to comfort her, made her breakfast in the morning, maybe goof around a little. But now everything was different. He had opened up to her. He had come clean about everything. She knew exactly where he stood. And frankly he didn't know anything about her feelings. He didn't know what she thought when he told her he loved her, he didn't know what happened between Roy and her, he didn't even know what drove her to him, in the middle of the night. And it made him feel so damn insecure. He had always been the nice, gentle, fun guy around her but now he didn't know how to act. He hated to admit to himself that she had so much power over him. It even made him angry sometimes.

He decided he would be safe making her breakfast. Besides, they both had to eat something, and she was the one that was sleeping in his bed, not the other way around.

*****

It was almost seven o'clock when Pam came downstairs. She was wearing one of his shirts which, obviously, was way to big for her. It reached till right above her knees. Her hair was still down, and small curls where falling in her face.

"Morning, Pam."

"Jim! Woow, you scared me! I didn't see you there!"

She was blushing a bit. Jim thought he'd never seen her as beautiful as she looked right now.

"Yeah, I was feeling really vigorous this morning, so you know.. I got up quite early."

"I see. I'm not even dressed yet."

She smiled at him.

"That's ok, I won't look. Hey, say what Beesly: eggs, or pancakes?"

"You're making me breakfast?"

"What can I say? I'm a real gentleman."

"Well, I have to admit, I'm really enjoying your hospitality. Uhmm, you know what, I'm kind of in the mood for pancakes today, so.."

"Pancakes coming right up. Now you go and make yourself presentable."

"Thanks Jim."

Something changed in the sound of her voice.
She was still standing there. He glanced over to her.

"Don't worry about it."

*****

10 minutes later she got back downstairs, dressed in the clothes she wore the previous night and her hair flipped back in a ponytail. Jim was sitting at the table in his kitchen. Pam walked over and sat down on the other side of the table.

"So.. This looks really nice Jim."

"Wait untill you taste it, you'll be surprised."

It was almost as if last night had never happened when Jim was watching Pam enjoying his pancakes. But right now, he felt like it was her turn to speak. But she just sat there, eating quietly.

"Well, it's quite early. You still want me to take you somewhere?"

He was waiting for her to say something.

After a few silent moments she finally said: "Jim, I'm sorry if this is weird for you. Me being here and stuff. And it's hard to explain, because I don't even know how I really feel right now. I know we need to talk, and we will, it's just that.. I need to sort things out a bit. So I was hoping, you know, that we could just hang out today. I know it's a weird thing for me to want right now.. I just couldn't think of anyone else to got to. And I just want you to know that i'll understand if you don't want to do this right now. Please don't feel obligated. I could also just go, you know. I'll understand."

It was weird for him. And he didn't understand it. It also wasn't what he had hoped for her to say. Pam knew that.

"I know it's much to ask, Jim. So really, you don't have to."

"You know what Pam. I'm going to be honest with you. I don't know why you are doing this, but I'm actually quite fed up with this whole situation as well. So you know, fine. We'll just hang out. I actually just got an idea. Think you can trust me?"

"As long as it's not a cruise, I'm cool with it," she said with a sigh.

"Trust me, it won't be a cruise."

"Ok, so we're both cool with this non-talking thing?"

He could still see a little doubt in her expression.

"It's a deal, Beez."

*****

He was looking forward to a whole day, just having fun with her, without all the mixed up feelings and awkward moments they had shared before. He knew there would be a confrontation. It was inevitable and they both knew it. But that had nothing to do with today. Today was going to be easy and relaxed.

"Ready to have some fun?"

"Can't wait!"

He saw excitement in her eyes as she started walking to his car. He just loved the little twinkling stars that appeared when she smiled. He locked the door of his apartment and followed her. She was going to love what he had planned for them. He was smiling to himself, as he felt the sun on his face.

It had stopped raining.
Chapter End Notes:
Next up: Where's Jim taking Pam? Will they be able to stick to their agreement not to discuss their feelings?
Just so you know, you really make my day by reviewing. I just love to know what you think about it. And I'm trying to make each chapter better than the previous one. So, if you have the time, please let me know what you think!
Be back soon, that's a promise!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans