- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Fairly short, but I wanted to leave it like this. I have been extremely busy! So I'm sorry for the delay. I don't think writing the next chapter will take me that long :)

Major thanks to flonkertonxx for her great English teacher lecturing!

**********************************************************
He softly pulled her into the bushes they were standing next to. After a couple of steps, he felt his back press against a wall. Pam, who was walking with her back to him, pressed her body against his and stood on his foot.

“Sorry!” She whispered.

“Not your fault I have big feet.”

They both laughed nervously, trying not to make to much sound. Jim’s arms were wrapped around her stomach to prevent her from falling over. She could feel his breathing on her neck and was suddenly reminded of that feeling she'd get as a little kid when she played hide and seek: kind of scared that the other kid would find her but also excited. She heard a man and a woman laughing and talking. She wondered if they would be in trouble if they’d be discovered. She didn’t really think so, but hiding with Jim was... fun.

Fun? Maybe that wasn’t really the right word. Why do I think this is fun? She asked herself.
Was it because she liked hiding? Because she enjoyed standing in the bushes? Or did she really see the fun in keeping quiet?

Or was it because Jim was holding her?

Sure, Roy had held her a thousand times. But this was different. This was more; so much more. She had always felt safe when he was nearby. Yes safe; safety. Somehow, that word seemed to hunt her down. She just couldn’t get rid of it and it had become a big part of her life. She remembered what Jim had said to her:

“Maybe you shouldn’t play safe all the time.”

“Maybe I shouldn’t” she thought to herself.

She turned around, now facing him.

“Hi,” she said softly.

“Hey you,” he smiled.

She could feel the weight of his arms resting on the small of her back and the warmth of his body comforting hers. While she was turning around, she clumsily placed her hands on his chest. She thought it was inappropriate, but, for some reason she didn’t want to remove them. Her heart was racing and she knew that had nothing to do with the fear of being discovered. She simply stared at him and he stared back. In her mind, it seemed like time had stopped.

“I think they’re gone now,” he whispered.

“Yeah, probably.”

As they were standing so close together, Pam caught an overwhelming smell of Jim's scent. Sometimes, certain aromas can arouse memories or emotions and his scent made her feel strange. It reminded her of work and how his scent could easily fill the room. It reminded her of a stolen kiss at the Dundies. And above all of the awkward feelings and the guilt, it reminded her of happiness. Pure happiness.

She still hadn’t removed her hands; he hadn’t either.
They were still just standing there, staring at each other.

It was one of those moments she knew she'd remember all of her life, and cherish all of her life. She would do anything to make at last as long as possible. And she doesn’t move and she doesn't speak because she fears of ruining this feeling of serenity that has overcome her.

But then, she lost her head as many people do. She lost control over her actions. She didn't think; didn't rationalize. She only acted on impulse

And so did Jim.
Chapter End Notes:
I think I'll have some fun writing the next chapter ;)
Anyway, I really appreciate any kind of feedback and comments. Nobody reviewed the last chapter so I hope you all don't really hate this story!

Thanks for reading.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans