- Text Size +

 

 

He was holding her close and he felt like he was on top of the world. She smelled like lilacs and lavender and she was drunk and giggly as they swayed together. Pupils dilated, head dropped back so she could meet his gaze, she smiled slowly, lazily and tightened her arms around his neck.

“I’m drunk,” she announced happily, giggling as she leaned up to kiss his chin awkwardly.

“Oh, I know,” he laughed. His fingers strummed lightly, possessively at her waist as he stared down at her and completely lost sight or sound of where they were. His vision was a tunnel and at the end, all he saw was her. “Careful, or I might take advantage of you tonight.”

She giggled again and the sound coiled in his gut. “You better take advantage,” she winked, leaning up to kiss him again, this time accurately finding his mouth. “I want you to.”

He took the moment to kiss her, really kiss her, cupping her face and plundering her mouth with his. She smelled like flowers but tasted like fruit. A mixture of the strawberry from Kevin’s wedding cake and the appletinis she’d been imbibing since the bar had opened. He moaned deep in his throat, tilting his head to drink her down until he was good and full on the taste of her. Except he never was and kept going back for more, leaning in to kiss her mouth again and again.

“Geez, Jim-boree, get a room,” Michael laughed as he and Jan danced by. He winked and wildly held gestured a thumbs-up.

Pam’s eyes lit up and her arms tightened around his neck. “Ooh, yeah! Let’s get a room!”

Jim laughed. “Since when do we take advice from Michael?”

Her eyes narrowed. “Since it involved you and me naked in a hotel room.”

He swallowed, his groin immediately tightened at the visceral image her words conjured in his head. “Tempting.”

She giggled, leaning up again to kiss him. “I’m drunk. And you’re hot. And I’m sick of having to lean up and kiss you. Let’s go lie down.”

He took the time to let their mouths move together, waiting to vocalize the answer his body had already made for him.

The reception was winding down. They were in the ballroom of the Sheraton. There were hundreds of rooms above them. And Pam was drunk and wearing a cute little black dress that hugged her in all the right places. He was just buzzed enough where the thought of making love to her all night long in a hotel room made his body hum with excitement.

As they pulled away, he regarded her. Gasping to catch his breath, staring into hooded hazel eyes radiating warmth and devotion, he remembered where they were and who they are and how long it had taken them to get here. She was finally his.

“I love you,” he rasped, his hands sliding down to her hips to pull her flush against him. “I love you.”

She grinned, blinking slowly and steadily, gazing at him adoringly. “I know.” She reached a hand up to awkwardly slide a fingertip down his nose and tap the tip, missing completely and dragging her nail down his cheek. Jim chuckled, grabbed her hand and kissed it.

“Take advantage of me, Jim.”

He swallowed hard, again. Looking away from her just briefly, his eyes swept the room.

Michael and Jan had disappeared.

Kelly and Darryl were at their table making out.

Bob Vance was lovingly – and somewhat creepily – feeding Phyllis the wedding cake with his hands.

Andy and Angela were dancing, he looked thrilled; she looked bored.

Dwight was glowering at them from the gift table, where he claimed to be checking for bombs, drugs or anthrax.

Stanley and his wife Terri had left right after dinner, taking four extra plates of food with them.

Oscar and Gil were sitting at their table, deep in discussion.

He didn’t know where Creed was and hoped that was for the best.

Kevin, naturally, was about to do a keg stand. And Stacey, oddly enough, was first in line to cheer him on.

This was their life.

Looking back at Pam, he grinned. “Let’s get outta here.” He reached for her hand, linking his fingers through hers.

She stayed close to his side as they moved back to their table, grabbed her purse and his suit jacket and slipped out the side door.

“Hurry,” Pam murmured as they sought out the lobby and the front desk.

“I know.” He was already pulling his credit card out and thanking God that there was no one waiting in line.

“We’d like a room,” he said breathlessly as they came up to the desk. He handed over his credit card. “Whatever you have, whatever it costs, as long as it has a bed.”

“Ooh, and a mini bar!” Pam offered excitedly, giggling as she addressed the amused looking concierge.

“Relax. No more booze for you, Drunkie,” Jim winked at her.

“It’s not for me, its for you. So you can catch up.”

Intrigued by the prospect of a drunken all-night sex-a-thon with Pam in a bed that was neither his nor hers reminded him of the tightness in his groin. He tapped his fingers impatiently against the granite countertop, looking around the huge, multi-level lobby while Pam leaned her body into his, resting her head on his chest.

Sighing gratefully when the concierge produced a form to sign, he quickly did so with a flourish and then sat back in frustration again while she went back to puttering with the computer. Pam’s breasts were round and warm and firm against his torso and the scent of her hair was wafting around his nose, teasing, taunting.

“Here you are,” the clerk finally produced two sparkling key cards and pointed to their left. “Tenth floor.”

Relieved and delighted it was over, he quickly grabbed the keys with his hand, reached for Pam’s with his other and headed them in the right direction, calling a brief “Thank you!” over his shoulder as they moved toward the elevator bank.

“Hurry,” Pam said again, this time with more excitement. As they waited for the lift to arrive, Jim watched her body absolutely hum with energy. He knew the sex tonight would be even better than usual if she brought that kind of electricity to the bedroom. Suddenly, she gasped and her eyes flit over to his. “Shit! Did she say if this room had a minibar?”

Jim looked down at the cardboard envelope that had come with their room keys. “This thing says something about a suite.”

Pam giggled again, socking him in the gut once more. “A suite?! Score!”

He did a double take, raising a brow at her and smiling wryly. “‘Score’?” He laughed as the elevator dinged, finally signaling its arrival. “Okay, seriously, no more booze for you, Beesly.”
Taking her hand, he pulled her into the elevator and into the circle of his arms. She sighed breathlessly as he reached around her to hit the button for the tenth floor. “You smell good,” she announced, surprised, as if she’d just noticed that.

“Don’t sound so shocked,” Jim said drolly.

“Mmm, I’m not.” She grabbed him by the collar with both hands and pulled him to her, kissing him hungrily. “I love you,” she sighed into his mouth, her hands sliding up so her fingers could play with the upturned curls at the back of his neck. “Jim.” She said his name so simply, so beautifully, it brought tears to his eyes.

The elevator dinged on the tenth floor and the doors opened. Swooping her up in his arms, he thrilled at the sound of her small squeal, the way her arm looped around his neck, the way she leaned in and nuzzled his ear.

Heaven.

He was almost there.

Chapter End Notes:
thanks for reading! :)


Sharipep is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 13 members. Members who liked Let's Get A Room also liked 2692 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans