- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I'm not exactly sure when this idea popped in my head .. but after collaborating it in my mind during a very boring school day, I came up with a mash up with my two favorite things: Titanic and The Office! Now don't go trash my review page with anti Titanic comments .. I tried to make this story as non-main stream as possible! Now, please read and enjoy!
Author's Chapter Notes:
So, the first of many chapters. This is just the beginning, folks! Please review and tell me what you think!

P.S. - I own zippo.
“Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts?
Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts.
So it’s fairly simple to cut right through the mess and stop the muscle
That makes us confess.”


As Jim pulled his card out of the box he gave Pam, Dennis the cameraman sighed disappointedly – there went their great JAM storyline for sweeps. The documentary hadn’t exactly been doing great in it’s 3:30 timeslot on FX. They really needed a little something extra to get their ratings up – and Michael continuing to be Michael just wasn’t cutting. Dennis knew the team manager would freak out at him when he found out there were no really good, solid JAM shots. And Dennis was relying on something, anything, to pay for the Christmas gifts he got his kids.

After catching Meredith dropping her top for Michael, Dennis hoped this would sound a little impressive to his boss. Dennis went out to the van like every other week night and met with Jay, the other cameraman who was usually the one who traveled with the employees outside the office, and Paul, the project manager who REALLY needed that JAM moment. Dennis walked up to the two men and didn’t even have time to open his mouth.
“Denny, please tell me you got something,” begged Paul.

“Um.. well I got Meredith flashing Michael..” Dennis replied hesitantly.

“Good, good. And what about Jim and Pam? What was in that letter you were all excited about? Love confession? Wedding ring? Piece of gum? Please, something!” Paul’s black eyes intimidated Dennis. He was scared to disappoint him. Oh well. Their jobs were down the drain anyway.

“Yeah, uh, no. Jim took it before she could read it. I got nothin’ from them,” Dennis replied in his Philadelphia accent. He didn’t dare look up at Paul.

“Fuck, we’re screwed,” Jay said as he threw his bag into the back of the van.

“Wait – ok. I didn’t want to bring these out until we were absolutely desperate, but the studio called and said we had one more episode to impress them or we’re done. So Mr. Producer Man Bill Benton sent me these like three weeks ago,” said Paul as he held out the big envelope. Dennis had no idea what was in there – forged marriage documents, photoshopped pictures, weed maybe – it could’ve been anything at this point. Paul shook out the contents of the envelope, and Dennis was pretty disappointed it wasn’t weed; nonetheless, it was just as interesting.

“Tickets?” Dennis asked, looking at the four strips of paper in Paul’s hand.

“Not just tickets, Denny, cruise tickets,” replied Paul with a huge fake smile.
“… to Iceland?” Jay asked, looking pessimistically from the tickets to Paul.

“Yes, Jay. Iceland,” Paul told Jay frankly.

“Who in hell wants to go to Iceland?” Jay asked with that look that you just wanted to slap off his face.

Before Paul could answer, Dennis spoke while staring at the tickets.

“Jim. And Pam. Both of them. I remember asking everyone in the office on our first day where they dream of going one day, so they could get comfortable with the talking heads.”

“See? Iceland’s awesome!” Paul announced matter-of-factly. Jay just rolled his eyes. Dennis ignored them and continued.

“They both said it. I thought it was so weird because I interviewed them totally separately. They said they thought it was funny it was called Iceland when it was pretty much all green while Greenland was pretty much all ice. And it had those hot springs. Both of them said it was such an ironic country that they had to see it,” Dennis said, still staring at those tickets.

“I guess Bill saw the footage and thought it was a good idea to actually get them out there,” Dennis said while finally looking back up at the two men who seemed like they could not have cared less. It pissed Dennis off sometimes that they didn’t really appreciate the Jim and Pam relationship.

“Alright, whatever. We gotta get these two tickets to Pam and Roy, and these two to Jim. He can bring whoever. Jay, you give these to Jim, and Dennis, Pam. Pam and Roy leave the 23rd, and Jim the next day, so they gotta hustle and pack. Make sure they accept the tickets and agree to go on the cruise. Get creative. Tell theme they won the tickets or something; I don’t know. Seriously. We will lose our jobs if you two screw this up,” Paul pointed the “warning finger” at Jay and Dennis before getting into the driver’s seat of the van. As he pulled out, Jay and Dennis headed for their cars.

“This is bullshit. Roy’s not ever gonna wanna go to Iceland,” Jay said with a sarcastic emphasis on the last word.

“I don’t know man, it’s worth a shot,” Dennis said to the ground.

As they rolled out of the Dunder-Mifflin parking lot, they both thought maybe they wouldn’t be pulling back in too many more times. Jay was apathetic. Dennis rubbed the tickets as the two cars turned in opposite ways to go save their jobs.
Chapter End Notes:
So yeah, nothing big yet. It will come, I promise (twss!). Please review! (:

oh & I need a beta. Badly. This story is long and I don't think I can do the whole thing without input (yeah, I know, twss). So email me if you're in.


mapetiteange is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Mer d'Amour also liked 180 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans