- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Possible spoilers up until current season.
At the beginning of November Kevin came in to the office and handed out wedding invitations, he and Stacy decided on a new year’s eve wedding. He stopped at Pam’s desk first and handed her an envelope addressed to Jim and Pam together, it made her smile widely, they’d been dating about 6 months at this point. She went over to Jim’s desk and dropped the envelope in front of him. “Look, our first piece of couple mail.” Jim picked up the envelope and then at Pam with a grin, “aw darn! I don’t get to pick my date?” Pam playfully smacked him on the arm and went back to her desk with the invitation and put it in her purse. That afternoon Kelly came out and told Pam that they had to go to the mall immediately “for dresses and stuff!” Pam told Kelly it could wait a few weeks, she had a busy week with classes. So they agreed to put it off until Pam was free. It was a few weeks later before they could set up their shopping day. The second weekend in December, they finally went out on a Saturday morning. They were all over Steamtown mall. After 3 hours of store after store, they had everything they needed, dresses, shoes, some make up, wedding gifts, and of course Victoria’s secret bags, “for the boys” according to Kelly. They went to the food court for lunch around 1:00. They sat with their salads and chatted for a bit.

“Pam, your dress is so HOT!”

“Thanks, I like it, and yours is great too.”

“I know right?...but seriously, Jim is going to die when he sees you in that”

“Well, I hope he doesn’t die, but maybe fainting would be ok.”

“I love weddings I can’t wait, I hope I catch the bouquet”

“I am looking forward to it, should be fun. Not really worried about the bouquet though.”

“Well, I still hope I catch it, I almost caught it at Phyllis’ wedding.”

Just before 2:00 they headed out to the parking lot. Kelly had a date with Darryl later and Pam was going out with Jim. He was playing basketball with some of his friends at the YMCA. She got home and put away her things, placed the gift with the new wrapping paper on the kitchen table and then went to get a shower. Jim was coming over around 6:00, he was taking her to dinner and then they would probably catch a movie.

Jim decided to head straight to Pam’s from the Y, he didn’t feel like waiting until later, he had a key and a drawer full of clothes, so what the hell. When he got there, he heard the shower, so he thought he’d join her. Grinning he tapped on the door and then opened it and walked in, “Honey, I’m home!” he said as he started to undress. He laughed when Pam replied, “Oh no, secret lover, quick, try and hide, my boyfriends here.” “funny, Beesly.” He deadpanned as he climbed in behind her. She turned around to face him and gave him a kiss. Jim looked down at her with mock surprise and asked; “Pam, where are your clothes?” “I’m doing this new nudist thing, only when I shower though.” Jim made a face as if he were thinking about this and then just shrugged and nodded “I’m all for that!”

After their shower and the post shower fun, they got ready for dinner. They went to Cooper’s and had a nice dinner. Pam told Jim all about the mall and Kelly’s hopes for the bouquet. He told her about his game and kicking some ass. They went to a movie and then went back to Pam’s. Jim signed the card for the wedding present and Pam wrapped it. They had picked out a registry gift online, a bar set with dice on it. Pam picked it up while she was out with Kelly. After the wedding gift was stowed in the closet, Pam proceeded to tease Jim about her dress. He noticed the bag hanging in the closet and tried to peek, but Pam told him she wanted it to be a surprise. She teased him just a little more until he picked her up and then plopped them both onto the bed. They enjoyed each others nakedness for the second time that day and then fell into a deep and relaxing sleep.

The next morning Jim went home to get his laundry together for the week ahead and he also needed to pick up some groceries, Pam had to do that stuff too, she also wanted to go back to the mall and get Jim’s Christmas gift, she picked it out yesterday while out with Kelly, but it was being personalized. She bought him a new watch and had, “yours always, Pam” engraved on the back. She also wanted to pick up a few more things. Christmas was only 2 weeks away, and she was really looking forward to it. They made plans to go to his parent’s house on Christmas Eve for the party his parents were having and then on Christmas day, they would go to her parent’s house. Once Christmas day was over, the next week went by quickly. Before they knew it was the big day.

Jim was picking Pam up at 6:30, he was excited to get to her place, he could not wait to see Pam’s dress, the one she took joy in teasing him with for the past 2 ½ weeks. When he came into her apartment, she was still in her bedroom, and asked him to wait out there, she’d be right out. He ducked into the kitchen for a drink of water and then sat at the counter and flipped through the magazine on the counter. Pam came out of her bedroom and walked up behind him and covered his eyes with her hands, “guess who?” she whispered in his ear. “Michael?” Jim said as he quickly turned around to look at her, Pam had a funny look of mock indignation on her face and then said, “I should hope not in this dress!” she laughed meanwhile Jim was just staring at her, his mouth slightly open, speechless. She did a little twirl and asked him;

“You like it?”

“You…look…amazing” he was finally able to get out.

She wore a black strapless cocktail dress that showed off just enough cleavage, the hem of the dress was just above her knees, she had on black high heels and her hair was down in loose curls. Pam was wearing some makeup, but not too much, just enough to bring out her eyes, and accentuate her lips. She also smelled great, she was wearing some vanilla scented perfume. She wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a slow sweet kiss, then pulled back smiling and said,
“You don’t look so bad yourself there, Halpert.”

Pam backed up a little but Jim held onto her, staring into her eyes, then he smiled at her and she melted a little inside. That smile, those gorgeous green eyes, god did she love this man. He leaned in and kissed her again. Once she pulled back a little she said;

“Should we get going? The wedding starts in half an hour, I would hate to be late.”

“Oh, yeah sure.”

Jim replied as he shook his head a little to get out of the daze he’d been in as he stared into her eyes. He helped her get her coat on and then grabbed the gift off the counter. Taking her hand in his, they headed out the front door.

They pulled up at the hotel about 20 minutes later and went inside. Jim helped Pam out of her coat at the coat check counter and then checked his own. He took her hand in his as they walked toward the ballroom, they sat their gift on the table and then proceeded to the rows of seats and took a sat besides Darryl and Kelly.

“Oh my god, Pam! I was right you look totally hot, Jim, doesn’t she look so hot?”

Jim just looked at Kelly and smiled, then he turned to look at Pam who was blushing, “SO hot!” he said with a smirk.

Pam just smiled and kissed him softly on the lips, then turned to Kelly,

“You look great too, right Darryl?”

“My baby always looks good!”

“You are so sweet!” Kelly exclaimed.

Just then the background music stopped and they all looked up, Kevin was standing at the front in a black suit and tie, he had his best man (brother) next to him and then 3 groomsmen. Jim recognized all the scrantonicity 2 guys as grooms men, he went to the bachelor party the weekend before. Kevin had a smile on his face, he looked just a little nervous. Jim smiled at him and nodded, Kevin nodded back, then mouthed, “Pam looks hot.” Jim had to stifle a laugh, ‘same old Kevin’ he thought. Then different music started, and the entire room seemed to shift their heads, the bridesmaids were coming down the aisle in black gowns, the first three came down and then Abby, Stacy’s daughter started down the aisle, she was obviously maid of honor. Pam smiled as Jim squeezed her hand and then whispered, “Abby looks good, I may have to ask her to dance, is that ok?” She just squeezed back and smiled wider. She remembered how sweet Jim was that day Abby came into the office and Jim made friends with her so easily. Pam was knocked out of her reverie as they song changed and everyone started to stand, the new song was not what she had expected, she thought for sure that it would be a police song or the traditional wedding march, but it was actually “At last, by Etta James”. As the lyrics kicked in (at last, my love has come along, all the lonely days are over, and I’m feeling like a song) she and Jim squeezed hands at the same time. When Stacy got to the front and everyone sat back down Jim put his arm around Pam and looked forward, Pam kissed him on the side of his neck before turning to watch the ceremony unfold.

The ceremony lasted for about 30 minutes and then the preacher announced Mr. and Mrs. Kevin Malone to a round of applause everyone stood up to wait for the processional to end, they then filed out into the lobby for the cocktail hour. Jim and Pam walked over to the bar hand in hand, Jim ordered a beer and Pam had a cosmopolitan. They noticed Michael and Jan standing near the corner and talking to Oscar and Angela. Andy was in line for drinks, Kelly and Darryl were talking nearby to Phyllis and Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration. Meredith was at the bar, Creed was nowhere to be found. Stanley and his wife were off to the side having a drink together and looking very happy. Dwight came over to Pam and Jim and said hello, he had his grandfather’s tux on as usual and he looked like he was in an ok mood.

“Jim, Pam, good to see you, nice night for a wedding.”

“Hey Dwight” Jim answered.

“You look very dapper tonight Dwight” Pam said, trying to stifle a giggle.

“Thank you Pam, you look very lovely.”

Then he glanced at Jim, “nice suit”, and then walked away toward the bar.

At the end of the cocktail hour, Jim and Pam made their way back into the ballroom and over to their assigned table. They were sitting with Andy and Angela, Kelly and Darryl, Phyllis and Bob. They were all making small talk and commenting on the ceremony, Jim was holding Pam’s hand on the table, they kept glancing at each other lovingly, and just smiling. The Bridal party was announced not long after and then dinner was served. Once the speeches were made, which were very funny and touching at the same time, Kevin’s brother had a band of his own and they started playing. Stacy and Kevin had their first dance to a Police song and then everyone started to join in. Jim led Pam to the dance floor and held her right hand to his chest, while his other hand was on the small of her back, Pam’s head was resting on Jim’s chest and her left hand was inside his suit jacket on the small of his back. She loved the feeling of his heart beating in his chest and the smell of his cologne on his shirt. Jim was lost in the fruity smell of Pam’s soft curls and her vanilla perfume. The combination was intoxicating, they danced slowly, when the song changed Pam pulled back slightly, looking up into Jim’s eyes, and she smiled hazily, “I love you” she said with a sweet smile. Jim leaned down to kiss her, “Ditto Beesly!” he said as he pulled back. “Ghost…seriously Meredith?” Pam said with a slight giggle and shaking her head. They finally stopped dancing after a few more songs and walked back over to the table. Jim put his suit jacket on the back of his chair and then went over to the bar to get more drinks. As he was getting back to the table, Pam took her drink and gave him a kiss, “thanks”. Jim smiled at her and took a drink from his beer bottle. Then he put his arm around her waist and looked out at the dance floor. Michael came walking over,

“Wow! You look Pamtastic, Miss Beesly!”

“Hi Michael, thank you, you look nice too, new suit?”

“Yeah, Jan picked it out.”

They made some more small talk with Michael as Jan started over from the bar, downing her 4th glass of wine. The next song that started was too good to pass up, Pam grabbed Jim by the hand and dragged him to the dance floor, “Beesly, are you serious?” he said as they started to dance. “’Stayin’ alive’ Jim!” Pam laughed as she did a disco move. They were having a great time, dancing and laughing. Jim did dance one song with Abby, she was blushing when Jim went and asked her if she’d like to. Pam watched him lovingly as she danced with Oscar from across the room. At one point Pam even danced with Dwight to the hokey pokey. After that she and Jim had another slow dance, this time she had both her arms around Jim’s neck, he had his hands on her back, gently rubbing slow circles with his thumbs, and they were cheek to cheek. After about 40 seconds of this, Pam moved her face and kissed Jim on the cheek, then he turned a bit and kissed her lips, it started out slow and sweet, then Pam kissed him more passionately, they kissed for the rest of the song in a tight embrace. When the song was over and they finally stopped kissing, Jim looked at her lazily and just smiled. They walked back to the table and got another drink. Pam discarded her shoes under the table and rested her head on Jim’s shoulder as he started talking to Phyllis.

It was getting close to midnight, and they were both feeling very tipsy. Jim leaned in and told Pam they may want to get a room, she surprised him when she pulled a room key out of her purse.

“I came here earlier today and already checked into a room, I even brought an overnight bag for us, I brought some stuff from your drawer.”

“You are the best girlfriend ever!”

Pam went over and grabbed 2 champagne flutes off the bar, they were being filled as midnight was only a few minutes away. She got back over to the table and handed Jim a glass as she sat on his lap, he wrapped an arm around her and she leaned on him and kissed his cheek.

“I’d like to make a toast, to Jim Halpert, the man of my dreams!” and then she kissed him again, this time square on the lips. Jim pulled back a little as she almost slipped off his lap and he held onto her. “Careful Beesly, you are SO drunk!” he laughed, as they drained their glasses. Then she looked at him as she set her glass down on the table and she claimed “not too drunk” and she wiggled her eyebrows at him.

“1 minute everybody, get on the dance floor!”

Pam slid off Jim’s lap and he grabbed her hand as they made their way along with Darryl and Kelly. They started the countdown, “10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, HAPPY NEW YEAR!” Jim pulled Pam to him and kissed her for what felt like an eternity. They were both feeling really good at this point. Pam almost lost her balance as they went back to the table. Pam told Jim it was time to go upstairs, they said goodbye to Kevin and Stacy and then to their table. Jim led Pam to the lobby elevators, once they got in their elevator alone, Pam pushed Jim up against the elevator doors and started kissing him, once they got to the 10th floor and the door opened Jim fell backwards and Pam was right on top of him, they started laughing hysterically, they managed to get up and make their way down the hall to their room. Pam started kissing him against the door, while he dug in her purse for the key, she was giggling as she started to nibble on his earlobe. Once inside the room they fumbled their way to the bed and fell into it while still locked in an embrace and kissing furiously. They made love for 3 hours, it was amazing, and finally passed out from being so spent, at around 3:30 am.

Around 9:30 Jim got up to use the bathroom, he got back into bed behind Pam and wrapped his arm around her waist. He kissed her neck and whispered to her, “rise and shine” as he started to rub her stomach. “hmmmm?” “Come on baby, we have check out in about an hour.” “Do we have to?” Pam groaned as she rolled over to face him and she snuggled closer to him, her face in his chest. “mmm, I wanna say right here.” “me too, but, we can do this at my place.” “did your place get room service?” “no, but I could always call Dwight to come over and wait on us” “nope, just gonna stay here.” “okay, but only a half hour though, and then I am taking you home.” “okay” they laid there for another half an hour or so and then finally got in the shower to wake up. Once they were dressed and had all of their things, they walked down to the lobby to check out, they seen Kevin and Stacy at the counter checking out also. They walked over to say hello, when he turned to say hi, looked at Pam and then at Jim and said “Niiiice”. They congratulated the newlyweds again and then went to the garage for Jim’s car. When they got back to Jim’s Pam drug him right into bed and snuggled up, they put on a movie and fell asleep in each others arms. Pam woke up 3 hours later and Jim was still sound asleep. She managed to get out of bed without waking him, she got back in after the bathroom and getting herself some juice. This time she was the one to wake Jim up after about a half an hour, it was getting close to 4.

“Wake up my love” she said as she kissed his cheek.

“Umph”

“It’s almost 4:00”

“you can tell the time?”

She playfully ruffled his hair “your clock is digital.”

This made Jim laugh as he opened his eyes and looked over at Pam, lying on her side, smiling at him.

“Hi” he said with a silly grin, she leaned over and kissed him, gave him a hug and then went to get out of the bed, Jim pulled her back onto the bed and wrapped his arms around her waist,

“Where do you think you’re going?”

“The circus, duh, that’s my resolution, I wanna be on the trapeze”

“With the greatest of ease?”

“Well duh!” she said as he playfully pushed her away “ok go, but don’t forget to write.”

They got up and made some dinner, watched some tv on the couch where Jim proceeded to kiss Pam silly, up until she could take it no more, she pulled her shirt off and straddled his lap, she wanted him now. Jim responded quickly and made love to her right there on the couch. And then again in the shower before bed,

About an hour after the shower, they were in bed watching tv, when Jim said; “We do have to work in the morning Pam.” Jim playfully scolded her when they were laying in bed and she snuggled up to him and started kissing his neck and nibbling his earlobe. “I’m just trying to get comfy.” “that’s not all you’re trying to get.” She giggled a little and then told him she would just try to control herself. As they drifted off to sleep finally, Jim thought about the wedding and how he looked forward to the day he and Pam would be getting married. He already had the ring in his sock drawer, he just had to ask her, but he wasn’t nervous, he already knew what her answer would be.
Chapter End Notes:
So, I made it a oneshot, because I wasn't sure where to go and the "Kevin's wedding challenge" had been on my mind when this came to me.


iwantphillyjim is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked Jim and Pam go to a wedding also liked 2274 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans