- Text Size +

 

Jim considered just going up to Pam and asking her to come with him. Or telling her about the deal with Dwight…..

But that wouldn’t really be that much fun.

Because in the years that they had worked together, she had never gone on a sales call with him or anyone else….and he wasn’t completely sure she’d go with him if he told her she’d have to try to make a sale.

Of course he knew that she could….He knew that she could do anything she wanted, and making a sale to a company that pretty much only needed the paperwork to sign wouldn’t be any problem at all.

And so he found himself, ten minutes before he had planned to leave for Laurie Chemicals, sitting opposite of Michael. Knowing she wouldn’t suspect anything if he ordered her to go.

“Jim, if you want to slip out for a little wham-bam-thank you mam’….” Michael smiled eagerly at him.

Accustom to such comments, Jim shrugged it off with practically no effort. “Yeah, no…um, the thing is…the website messed up with this company…and so it involves a lot of paperwork…and so I need Pam, ‘cause she’s the one that understands it.”

Michael’s demeanor suddenly darkened, and he frowned. “Are you saying that I don’t understand the paperwork?”

“No…I just, need Pam, because you’ve got to be here….’cause you’re the manager, you know?”

“True, yeah….that’s good thinking….alright so just go ask her or whatever…”

“Right, well I was hoping that you could, um, tell her…since you’re the manager.”

Michael looked thoughtfully for a moment, but then he leaned forward with a quick look at the camera, and whispered. “Oh, are you having problems with Pam? You know….”

“No, I—

“In the bood-dwar?”

“Nope. That’s not….” Jim shook his head quickly and glanced up at the camera embarrassedly. So maybe he wasn’t completely accustom to it.

Michael leaned back and nodded. “I got you covered. Alright.”

With that, Michael got up, with Jim close behind, and together they walked out to Reception.


--

--


“Pam!” Michael leaned heavily on the desk, and slapped his hand loudly on it.

“I’m right here, Michael.” Pam said tiredly, as she looked up from her computer

“Yes…um, I need you to accompany your boyfriend Jim on a sales call….”

Pam looked quizzically past Michael, at Jim….asking for an explanation…or translation.

“Um….” She started.

Not a booty call, though….” Michael chuckled loudly and stared at the camera with a wide smile….”wouldn’t be professional….during office hours….unless its in a room with blinds…”

While Michael rattled on for the camera, Jim exchanged a shoulder shrug and eye roll with Pam, as he tried to make it clear he had nothing to do with this.

“Um, okay…like, do you want me to take notes or something?” She asked, her eyes going back and forth between the two men.

Before Michael could speak, Jim jumped in. “No, just….could you get the paperwork for the Laurie account? Please?”

Much to Jim’s amusement, she looked even more confused. “Um, yeah…its all right here in the folder.”

“Hey, I’ll leave you to lovebirds to it. Make me proud!” Michael slapped Jim on the back, and then walked briskly back to his office.

As soon as he did, Pam leaned in conspiratorially. “What is going on?” She said with a hesitant smile.

Jim wasn’t about to bite though, it would be way too much fun to prank Pam and win a bet with Dwight. “I just need your help with the paperwork, that’s all…no big deal. I mean…if that’s okay…”

He could tell she didn’t quite buy his explanation, but with Michael already asking her to, she didn’t have a choice. “Um, alright….”

Jim held her coat open for her, as she slid her arms into it. With a quick smile to her, they began to walk towards the door.

“Never going to happen Jim!” Dwight shouted from his desk towards them, stopping each of them in their tracks.

“Alright, buddy.” Jim answered back good naturedly, and continued towards the door with her.

As they walked through it, Pam turned to him. “What was that about?”

“I have no idea.” Jim answered straight-faced. But already his mind was whirring with the possibilities to come.

 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans