- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

All right, you guys.  We are glad that the strike's over, right?  We are glad that our favorite characters are back on TV, right?  So I've been patiently waiting for some post-Dinner Party fics.  In the meantime, I figured I'd jump start all you really good writers with a little oneshot of my own. 

                                                    *****

The drive home was full of laughs and easy conversation, punctuated by Pam repeating her disbelief at the insanity they had just witnessed. Their boss and his apparent ex-girlfriend had made for one of the most uncomfortable evenings they had ever spent as a couple. Dwight’s appearance at the condo had proven to be the icing on the cake. They rehashed Jan’s increasingly drunken antics, including her unfounded jealousy of Pam, Michael’s usual inappropriateness reaching new heights at the dinner table, Angela’s cutting remarks, and Dwight, well, being Dwight.

Hunter’s CD played softly in the background as Jim steered the Saab into his assigned space. He hummed softly along with the music, knowing that he would be doomed to hear that song in his head all weekend. He slung his arm around Pam as they walked to the door, the cold November air stinging their cheeks.

Pam moved quickly into the living room as soon as the door was opened and kicked off her heels.

"Oh, thank god, finally, my feet are killing me," she groaned as she walked around in her stockinged feet, dropping her coat and purse on Jim’s couch.

"C’mon into the kitchen, Beesly. Time for a nightcap, and if you’re good, a foot massage."

"Don’t you want to check on all your stuff? Because of the flooding or the fire, or whatever?" Pam teased as she hopped onto one of the barstools around the small kitchen island where they frequently enjoyed their breakfast.

"Yeah, that brilliant idea didn’t quite pan out, did it?" Jim chuckled ruefully as he handed Pam a beer.

"No, and if you thought for one second that you were leaving me to deal with that alone, you were out of your mind."

"Nah, I wouldn’t have done that and you know it. I was planning to park down the street a ways, wait a sufficient amount of time, and then call Michael all panicked that I needed to get you out of there."

"And what were you planning to say? ‘Michael, everything’s ruined and I need my girlfriend to be with me to comfort me in my loss?’"

"No, not that drastic, but comforting me isn’t a bad idea, Pam. I’ve suffered great mental stress tonight." As he said this, Jim took a drink from his beer, set it down, and reached over to grab Pam’s leg. Lifting it onto his lap he proceeded to gently massage her foot. Pam immediately sighed gratefully and lifted her other foot onto his lap.

"Oh, that feels heavenly," she murmured, eyes closing as Jim’s hands worked magic on her toes and her instep. She felt all the tension drain out of her as she relaxed into his ministrations. This was just what she needed after a night of being chilly, hungry, and insulted.

She opened her eyes, sat up and reached for her beer, when she noticed Jim looking at her intently. With only a nightlight on in the kitchen, his eyes were dark green pools that she could drown in. He had a pronounced shadow on his chin, cheeks and above his lips, which lent him a deliciously rakish air. As she stared at him, the mood shifted, and her heartbeat began to speed up in anticipation.

He lifted her leg, placing a kiss on the inside of her ankle.

"Take off those stockings, hmm?"

Pam lifted up, and pulled her pantyhose and underwear down past her thighs. Jim lowered her leg to his lap, leaned forward and slid everything off, dropping it to the floor beside him without breaking eye contact.

"You know, Pam," Jim smiled as he slid off his barstool and stood in front of her, spreading her knees apart with his hands, "I think Jan was flirting with me tonight."

"Oh, I think she definitely was," Pam replied as Jim’s hands moved from her knees up, up, so slowly and teasingly. She gasped as his fingers teased her lightly. "I mean, after all, she had you smell her candles. And she wanted you to dance with her.." His lips found her neck and she sighed, "to a song about taking a young guy’s virginity."

"I know, what was that about?" Jim tugged gently at her earlobe with his teeth as his right hand worked the zipper of her dress.

"I don’t know, maybe she likes younger guys," Pam smiled as she reached up for Jim’s face and met his lips with her own. Within minutes her bra and dress had joined her other clothing on the kitchen floor and Jim was lifting her up and carrying her to his bedroom.

                                                   *****

Afterwards, as they lay content in each other’s arms, Pam murmured drowsily, "So, that was ok, huh? I mean, you’re not gonna go and leave me for Jan now, are you?"

"No, I think I’ll keep you around for a while longer, Beesly." He tightened his arms around her as he buried his nose in her hair. "A while longer."

"Good, because Hunter’s kinda cute."

"Oh, great, competition in the guise of emo boy band singer. Thanks a lot."

"Kidding, Halpert, kidding."

"I know. Get some sleep, babe."

"Ok, babe," she sighed softly as she snuggled into her pillow. Jim smiled to himself as he thought of a purchase he had recently made. He knew there was no one else for him but her. The exact method and moment were still up in the air, but he knew it would be soon. As his mind drifted toward slumber, he relaxed against her form, knowing that whatever craziness the world threw at him, with Pam by his side, he was safe, protected and loved.

Chapter End Notes:

                                                  *****

Now don't make me do this again...get writing, you guys! :)



EverybodyHurts is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked The Final Course also liked 2779 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans