- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I wrote this on the sly at work this AM, because, well, it's Monday, and I can't wait til Thursday to get my Office fix. So sue me...
“So,” Jim said around a grin as he threw the remnants of their late-night burgers into the previously discarded take out bag. “On a scale of one to ten, how weird was tonight?”

“Jim,” Pam said around the straw of the drink they’d decided to share. Cherry Coke, because she was on a serious kick at the moment. “They had a video camera in their bedroom. I think we’re way past scales here.”

Jim nodded and reached to take the drink she offered him as his mind traitorously took him back to the moment Jan had shoved her candle under his nose. “Definitely past those that only run to ten, anyway.”

“Exactly.”

“Although...Are you telling me, Beesly,” Jim started as he shifted in his seat and playfully tugged on a wayward curl, “that you’re completely against cameras in the bedroom?”

Just as he’d hoped, she blushed. “Shut it, Halpert.”

“I’m just saying—don’t be so quick to judge when I happen to know that you’ve got mad, uh, acting skills.” He couldn’t help the curl of his lip when the red on her cheeks moved to her neck and down her chest, disappearing under the top that had been driving him crazy all night. He smoothed his hand over her jaw and pulled her closer. “Seriously, Pam. Oscar worthy, really.”

Her “I hate you” was cut off when his tongue swept across her lips as it coaxed hers into his mouth. God, he could kiss her forever. Just as he moaned, she pulled back, satisfied that his thoughts were elsewhere enough to let her even the score, at least a little.

His lips were close and she could feel him breathing against hers. “You forget about the picture I have on my cell phone, Jim Halpert.”

He huffed a laugh against her mouth as his hand tangled in her hair. “Fair enough. I guess that makes us even.”

“Not even close.”

His eyes met hers questioningly as she swiped her thumb across his upper lip—he loved the taste of her cherry lip gloss, but it really didn’t do that stubble of his justice.

“You tried to abandon me at Michael Scott’s house, Jim. In the middle of the dinner party that would never end, might I add. I might not ever recover.”

He saw the tease in her eyes despite the fact that she was attempting to glare at him. He loved it when she looked at him like this. It never failed to result in them engaging in his favorite pastime. “Mad acting skills, Beesly.”

She gaped at him in mock irritation. “I’m not kidding, Jim!” She pulled back as he moved to turn the key in the ignition, once again prompting Hunter’s song to seep through the speakers. Really, he thought, it was almost catchy. He watched her out of the corner of his eye. Faux-angry and worked up Pam was oh so tempting. “You like so owe me.”

“Owe you?” He questioned as he flicked the blinker and turned onto his street. “Like compensation?”

Pam “hmmm”ed as they pulled into the spot outside his apartment. “I’m thinking more like atonement.”

Jim grabbed her hand as he hurriedly unlocked his door. “Atonement, huh?”

“Oh yeah.” Pam casually tossed her jacket and purse over a chair at his kitchen table. “You must rectify your mistakes, Jim. Pay penance, if you will.”

He reached into the fridge and pulled out two beers, holding one up at her in askance. When she nodded her head, he twisted the tops off and handed her one. “And how exactly will I be doing this?”

She took a sip of her beer and Jim loved the way her lips fit around the bottle. “I have a list.”

“A list?” He moved to stand beside her, his arm falling to rest on her lower back as he pulled her against him. Her free hand automatically came to rest on his chest, over his heart.

“Oh yeah. It was the only way I could think of to keep myself from falling completely into the insanity that was this evening.” She shrugged. “That, and continually checking out your ass.”

It was his turn to blush as she moved her hand down his back, lower, and pinched lightly. “Seriously, Halpert. You have no idea how good you look in those pants.”

He cleared his throat and let the cool beer attempt to wash down his flush. “So, what’s on this list of yours? I’d like to make amends as quickly as possible here. I’ve got a reputation to protect.”

Pam snorted and stepped away from him as she headed back toward his bedroom. “Right, of course you do.” Her beer found its way to the kitchen table, and his quickly followed. She gave him a look, the same look from earlier in the car, and his body started to react. “As for the list, it’s quite extensive.”

“I’m willing to do what it takes to clear my name here, Pam.”

She let her eyes roam over him, from the messy mop of brown hair, down, down. Eventually, she let her gaze rest on a very specific part of him. “I can see that.”

He took a step forward and she spoke again. “The first thing on the list won’t be easy. In fact, it will be very hard.”

He rolled her eyes at the joke, but she noticed the way his breath caught in his throat. “Hard, Pam? That’s all you could come up with?” His gaze lingered on her as she started to unzip her dress in route to his bedroom. Eventually, she turned the corner and vanished from his sight.

“Just get in here, Halpert.” He smiled and shook her head. She was just so great.

“Oh, and Jim? See if you can find the video camera. I feel an Oscar-worthy performance coming on...Babe.”
Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are loooove!


Catie9 is the author of 7 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 12 members. Members who liked Atonement, or How Pam Beesly Won an Oscar also liked 3017 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans