- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: No copyright infringement is intended.

Even if they tried to sue, they wouldn't get much. My money is tied up in bog bones and stuffed animals. Because I really have no idea what Pam's mother's name is, for the sake of this story she is simply Betty Beesly.
Jim’s hands slide around her back as she rests hers on his chest. She presses her flushed cheek against his chest to hear the soft, melodious beat of his heart. Pam brings her eyes to his making sure everything she was seeing, feeling, was real.

“Come on. We’re starving and we can’t start without you.” Pam’s mom, Betty, calls out to them from the entryway of the restaurant.

Pam rushes over to her and is taken in by her mother’s loving embrace. Betty gives a wink to Jim. He nods back in acknowledgement.

“I almost didn’t think we could pull it off. Jim was so optimistic though. He made sure we all pulled together to make it work.” Betty looked at her daughter’s radiant smile. One she had never seen before. Not once during her whole relationship with Roy. Betty was now positive that Jim was the man for her daughter.

They arrive in the banquet room where dozens meet them with thunderous applause. Kelly starts the chant, “Kiss her. Kiss her.” The rest of the crowd joins in.

Jim turns to his bride to be, leans and meets her lips for one of their rare public displays of affection. The applause grew even louder with a few hoots and hollers thrown in by Daryl and Kevin.

The applause subsides as the couple make the rounds before dinner is served. Their favorite Italian dish, lasagna, is served with plenty of red wine to mark the occasion. During dessert, Betty fills Pam in on the schedule for the next day. Everything was in place, they had thought of everything. Pam was so relieved. By tomorrow night she would be Mrs. Halpert. Not one thing could take the smile from her face, even the constant stinging from overuse. Pam never wanted to let it go.

Jim’s brother, Jonathan, would be his best man. Pam asked her mother to stand up with her as her matron of honor. She then needed someone to walk her down the isle. Fancy New Beesly was independent, but there were some traditions that just needed to be followed. When the thought entered her mind, it wasn’t as unsettling as it probably should have been. After Jim’s approval, she walks to the end of the table and sits at the chair next to him.

Pam smiles as he takes her hand. He was like a goofy older brother, that of course no one would ever want to own up to. “Michael, you’ve always been more than just a boss to me. No matter how strange and unconventional your methods may be, things seem to turn out right. Usually through no fault of your own, but that’s besides the point. You have a good heart and most of the time it’s in the right place. That’s the kind of man I want to walk me down the isle.”

Pam notices a tear trickle down Michael cheek. “I would be honored.”

“There are some conditions though.”

“Shoot.”

“No replays of Phyllis wedding. You will walk me down the isle, hand me off to Jim, then sit quietly through the entire service. You will be aloud to make a toast at the reception only if it is approved by Jim or I before hand. Do we have a deal?”

Michael gets lost in thought for a second. “I get to kiss you before handing you off to Jim, don’t I?”

“On the cheek, that’s it.”

“Then, yes.” Pam pulls Michael up out of his chair and into an embrace.

“Thank you.” She pulls back from him.

“You know I was the one who told Jim to never give up on you. So, it’s kind of because of me that you’re even together today.”

Jim comes up behind Michael and puts his hands on his shoulders. “I’m going to have to steal her away for awhile.” Jim takes Pam’s hand and leads her to an empty corner of the room. Jim gives Kevin the thumbs up. The lights dim and some slow dancing music begins to play.

“Now is the time to show off those famous Beesly dance moves.” Jim swings her around and into his arms.

“You know, after tomorrow, you won’t be able to call me Beesly anymore.”

“That’s right. I’ll have to pull out another one of my pet names.” Jim devious mind searches for the perfect name. “I’ll call you… Hummer. You know, because of that sweet little sound you make just before…”

Pam interrupts, “I think we can just stick with Beesly then. We’ll keep that one just between us.”
Chapter End Notes:
Next, the big day! Keep those reviews and comments comming.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans