- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Lost in the eternal bliss of the moment, they both forget to take breath. Jim gasps for air as he breaks from her lips.

“Not that this isn’t the happiest moment of my life or anything, but can I get up now? My knee is killing me.”

“Oh, god. Yes.”

Jim rises to his feet. He takes her hand as she floats up from her chair. She wraps her arms around his waist as his fingers caress her face.

“Did that just kick your ass, Beesly?”

“Consider my ass thoroughly kicked. Do I want to even know how you got all that footage?”

“Our friends gave me several hours to mull through. I edited it down to our best three minutes.”

“Wow.”

“Impressed?”

“A little shocked that you could edit it down to just three minutes.”

“I wasn’t easy.”

Jim flashes his signature smile followed by kissing her on the tip of her nose. He looks at the clock on her desk.

“We need to go. We’re going to be late.”

“Late, for what?”

A grin creeps across his face. He’s aching to tell her his plans.

“What are you up to, Halpert?”

“I have a certain intuition about things. Tonight, it was about you saying yes. So, I put together little party.”

“What kind of party?”

“An engagement party.”

She bites her lower lip then smiles.

“You’re really on top of your game tonight.”

“I’m just getting started. Really though, your mom is surely going nuts.”

“My mom is in on this. Who else knows?”

“You family, my family, the office. Except Michael and Dwight. Kevin has been working overtime to keep them out of the loop.”

“That’s what the giggling was about tonight.”

“I asked him to get Michael and Dwight to the party. I knew you’d want them there. I suggested getting Daryl and throwing them in the back of Meredith’s van.”

Pam’s entire face smiles, her eyes, her nose, her lips.

“God, you’re beautiful.”

“Take it in while you can, Halpert. See if you still think that in thirty years.”

“I’ll be worried about you running off with the mailman. Do you think these school boy looks are going to last forever.”

They both laugh as she finally gather her things and they head out to the elevator.

“You realize, you’re my fiancé now.”

“I know what it means to be engaged.” Jim keeps tight hold of her hand while pushing the buttons. “I hope you don’t think this is going to be a long engagement.”

“God, no.” The elevator doors closes as she releases a soft laugh.

“Perfect. I don’t think it will be a problem.”

“We can do it as early as the end of the summer.”

“I was hoping a bit sooner than that.”

“How much sooner?”

“Tomorrow.” Jim exits the elevator leaving Pam in suspended state of shock. He turns and pulls her out just before the doors close again. Jim waits to speak for fear of the rejection of the idea. Pam’s head is swimming with thoughts of dresses, flowers, the vows, the service. Where to begin. All in less than twenty-four hours. They silently get into the car and head off to the restaurant.

“Don’t worry, really. I’ve got a perfect place, the license, the minister, the music. Our mothers' are working on the flowers. You mom has even picked out a few dresses. I promise it will be perfect.”

She hears the words, but she can’t fully comprehend them.

“You planned our wedding?”

“I had help, but if it’s too much too fast, we can wait.”

“No, I don’t want to wait.”

They pull into a parking space in front of their favorite little Italian restaurant. Jim looks straight ahead as he places the car in park. Pam takes his hand from the steering wheel and interlocks her fingers with his.

“I still can’t believe you’ve done all this, for me.”

“For us. We deserve it don’t you think?”

“Absolutely.”

Jim leans in for a kiss. The heat rises in the car as their passions get the best of them. Interrupted with a tap on the window. Kevin moves back from the door as Jim opens it and gets out.

“Were all here.”

“Even the monkey and his friend?”

Kevin laughs as Jim walks around to the other side of the car to Pam’s door. “The plan worked like a charm. Wish we would have taped it.”

“Go on in and we’ll be there in a minute.”

Kevin scampers into the restaurant as Jim helps Pam out of the car. Jim takes her hand as they begin to walk.

“Just think of it this way. By Sunday, we’ll be off on our two week honeymoon.”

“You’ve planned that, too?”

“I heard Maui is nice this time of year.”

Pam grabs his arm and pulls him to a stop.

“Maui!”

“Yep. Ten days in paradise. I know a guy. Then a few extra days to get settled.”

“The surprises just won’t stop tonight.”

“More to come.”

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans