- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So how sad is everyone that Jim didn't get to propose? Maybe this means he'll propose AND they'll get married in season 5! Wow, that would be a lot of Jam packed into one season. Hopefully this story is helping to tie you over. Enjoy!
Guests slowly began to arrive at the church. The cameras watched as the couple’s coworkers found seats. Andy and Angela were some of the first to arrive. They signed the guestbook separately, Andy signing his as “The ‘Nard Dog,” but Andy refused to let go of Angela’s arm as they walked down the aisle to their seats.

“Think someday this’ll be us, Angie?” Andy asked innocently as he began to hum ‘The Wedding March.’

“That’s highly doubtful,” she replied under her breath as they sat down.

Andy stopped humming and leaned in, “What was that buttercup?”

“Nothing.” She gave him a phony smile as she pulled out the kneeler and began to pray.

xxx

Phyllis and Bob Vance stood outside the church, Bob’s arm around Phyllis. She told the camera, “We think it’s great that they found each other and finally got together. Now they can be as happy as we are.” The two smiled at each other appreciatively.

xxx

The cameras soon came upon Stanley and his wife, Terri, in the parking lot. They continued to walk briskly toward the church as Stanley commented, “Another wedding, another toaster.” Creed followed behind them with only a greeting card and roll of tape in his hands and a mischievous look in his eyes.

xxx

Ryan carefully scanned the crowds of people entering the rows of pews and decided on a spot closer to the back. The camera zoomed in on him as it caught his eye. He acknowledged the camera, and then his attention was immediately drawn to the back entrance.

“Girl, I just don’t understand why you wearin’ white. Jim told you not to,” Darryl commented as he and Kelly came into the church.

Kelly scoffed at him, “It’s not white, it’s crème. Totally different.” Then she spotted Ryan and grabbed on to Darryl’s arm, “Oh. Hello Ryan.”

“Hi Kelly. Hi Darryl,” Ryan sighed as the two passed him and sat a few rows in front of him. Kelly shot a look back at Ryan and then began playing with Darryl’s hair and stroking his sport coat, giggling up a storm.

xxx

Ryan shook his head and told the camera, “It’s been over a year. Is she really still trying to make me jealous?”

xxx

Toby situated himself between two couples, Oscar and Gil and Kevin and Stacy. Kevin looked over at him slyly and asked, “No date to this wedding?”

“Amy was busy,” Toby explained.

“Yeah. Right,” Kevin giggled. Then he leaned over to ask Oscar, “Hey, wanna bet stuff about the ceremony? Like in Wedding Crashers?”

Oscar gave him an incredulous look, “What?”

“You know,” Kevin clarified. “Like if Pam’s going to cry, or what Bible verse they’re going to read…”

“Kevin, can you name a verse from the Bible?”

Kevin thought for a moment. “To thine own self be true?” Oscar just shook his head and Gil looked disgustedly at Kevin.

xxx

An usher stopped Meredith on her way into the church. “We were warned about you, miss. We need to see inside your purse.” Meredith sighed and opened her purse up. The usher looked inside and began to take out several small bottles of alcohol.

xxx

Dwight casually took his seat, which gave him a very convenient view of the back of Angela’s head. He tapped her on the shoulder, “You know, I’m going to have a personal servant for a week. Perhaps he can arrange a romantic dinner for us—“

Angela turned around and hissed, “Dwight. Not here. Just because we are intimate again does not mean we can go about talking in public.” She turned back around just as Andy took his seat. Angela’s face became flushed.

“Man, what a line for the crapper!” he commented as he put his arm around Angela. “At least I won’t have to go during the ceremony.” Angela shrunk down in her seat as the camera caught her eye.

xxx

“Things are fine with Andy—“ Angela protested. “He doesn’t really understand my needs… but I don’t need my boyfriend to fulfill all my needs…” She bit her lip out of nervousness as the camera zoomed in on her face.

xxx

“You’re what?” Jan asked into her cell phone as she entered the church and took a seat near the front.

“I’m the best man!” Michael shouted through the phone. “I’m the understudy. Jim’s brother couldn’t make it.”

Jan rubbed her forehead, “Michael, why would they make you the best man?”

xxx

“Because,” Michael said into the phone as he was standing in the groom’s quarters with only the top half of the best man’s tux on, “I fit into the suit the best. Don’t you know anything about acting, Jan? Sometimes they cast parts based solely on who can fit into the costume.” The camera panned around the room to the other two groomsmen, Jim’s other brother and Jim’s old roommate, Mark, getting dressed, both glaring at Michael in annoyance. Finally, it panned over to Jim’s mother, who was diligently hemming the new best man’s pants.

xxx

“I just can’t believe they’re letting you do this without—What? Ohh, they made you sign a contract. Well, that makes more sense… Well from what I heard, you ruined Phyllis’ wedding, Michael,” Jan told him bluntly as she reached into her purse for a mirror to check her makeup. “I’m not going to discuss that with you now… Well I’m here, so I’ll be watching… Okay… Good luck. Bye.” She closed the phone and rolled her eyes. She then looked into the camera and told them, “I hope this won’t be a disaster… for everyone’s sake.”

xxx

“Okay Michael, so you remember the rules?” Jim asked as he and his groomsmen walked down the hall to enter the church and take their places at the altar.

“Abso-fruitly.”

“And you’re going to be silent, and stay exactly where I tell you to stand?”

“Jim, have a little faith in me. Please.” Michael stopped and gave Jim a serious look, causing him to exhale heavily.

“I’m sorry man. I’m just really nervous.”

Michael’s face expressed confusion, “What do you have to be nervous about? You got her here, didn’t you?”

Jim shrugged, “Yeah…”

“I mean, she’s head over heels for you. I really don’t think she’s the run away bride type…” Michael put his hand on Jim’s shoulder and then thought for a moment, “Unless she has Roy waiting outside on a motorcycle for her—“

“Okay Michael.” Jim walked away abruptly, leaving Michael to finish his train of thought and then run to catch up.

xxx

“Okay, so you know the old poem about ‘something old, something new…’?” Pam asked the camera rhetorically as she waited for her cue to enter the church. “Well here’s mine: my something old is this bracelet my parents gave me for my sixteenth birthday.” She held up her wrist, which had a silver bracelet on it. “My something new is my dress…” The camera zoomed out to show her dress off. It was a floor length, ivory-colored, sheath-silhouette, satin gown, with a v-neck neckline and an empire waist embellished with beading. She did a small twirl for the camera, smiling demurely, and continued, “My something borrowed are these shoes that Kelly loaned me—“ She lifted up her dress slightly to show the camera a pair of strappy, ivory kitten-heels. “She swears by them. And my something blue is, well…” She grinned and held up a blue yogurt lid attached to a string of paper clips.

Suddenly the music began to play and the camera panned to her bridesmaids entering the church. It panned back to the bride as her father came up to her and took her arm. Pam bit her lip in anticipation.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans