- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I just wanna remind everyone that I wrote this story during the strike, before anyone moved or broke up or became pregnant or cheated on anyone... I think that covers all the bases.

Also I think you all should know that this is my favorite chapter. It's zoppity.

Also I love you.

Please read, review, and enjoy!
After the dinner plates were cleared, the couple made their way over to the cake table. As they were approaching it, the camera caught Dwight running toward them; he stopped just in time not to crash into them and whispered something into Jim’s ear.

xxx

“Yes, I was in charge of going through all the guesses to see who would win the jellybean jar,” Dwight told the camera. “Jim said I was still on guard duty for the reception, and so, as per our contract, I obliged his wishes… I don’t know who would want that big jar though; there’s no black ones in it.”

xxx

“Okay, so we have the winner of the jellybean jar guessing game…” Jim called out to get everyone’s attention as Dwight handed him the winning slip. “There are a total of 12,463 jellybeans in the jar, and the person who guessed closest…” He unfolded the slip of paper, “Is Toby Flenderson, with a guess of 12,500! Alright! Nice guess, Toby!”

Toby ambled up to the table to take his prize, but first got a congratulatory handshake from Jim and a kiss on the cheek from Pam. He smiled slightly as he took his large jar of jellybeans off the table. “Enough. Enough now,” he said under his breath as the cameras watched him carry the jar outside to his car.

xxx

“I can already tell my daughter’s going to get sick off of these…” Toby shook his head and then looked up at the camera. “It’s worth it though.”

xxx

Dwight then stood guard as they cut the first slice of cake. Michael was fast approaching to get in on the action, but Dwight saw him coming and managed to stop him before he got too close. Jim divided the piece of cake in half and then gave a sly look to his bride.

“No…”

“No what?” he asked her innocently.

“You better not smash cake in my face…” He raised an eyebrow at her and so she warned him again, “Jim. I’m serious. You will not smash cake in my face.”

“Oh, why not?”

She picked up one of the halves, “Because I’m going to get you first!” And with that, the cameras zoomed in as Pam shoved cake onto her husband’s face. It wasn’t long before he retaliated with his own half of cake, and the two giggled as they wiped pieces of frosting off each other and licked their fingers. The cameras panned around to the applauding guests, who all looked very entertained.

xxx

“I can’t wait until I get cake shoved in my face…” Kelly said dreamily to the camera. She glanced at Darryl, and when the camera panned over to him, he was lifting a bite of cake to his mouth and was shaking his head ‘no.’

xxx

“Now, it’s time for the bride and groom’s first dance as a married couple,” the DJ announced. The newlyweds, now with their faces clean, made their way onto the dance floor, where they began to dance slowly to the melodic chords of Ben Folds’ “The Luckiest”:

I don't get many things right the first time,
In fact, I am told that a lot.
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here.
And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday,
And I know
That I am, I am, I am
The luckiest.

xxx

“For this one…” Jim thought for a moment and then chuckled to himself. “To be honest, this has been my song for her ever since I met her. And so, I already had it picked out for our first dance before she even said anything about it…” He stared off into space and added, “Before she even knew about it, really…”

xxx

They danced slowly, their bodies only slightly swaying in time with the music, Pam’s head resting on Jim’s shoulder. The cameras zoomed in on their faces as her arms wrapped tighter around the back of his neck:

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you…

Suddenly, Jim whispered something into Pam’s ear, and the cameras quickly zoomed out just in time to see him spin her out and back into him, which took her and everyone else by surprise. She landed back in his arms full of giggles.

xxx

Pam blushed, “He told me… swaying isn’t dancing.”

xxx

They resumed their slow pace for the rest of the dance, and after the song ended, everyone was allowed onto the dance floor. The DJ was playing “Crazy Little Thing Called Love,” by Queen, and the cameras panned around as they caught Andy busting a move, Kelly and Darryl grinding on each other, Oscar and Gil dancing an appropriate amount away from each other for Michael not to comment on it, and finally they rested on Stanley, who was getting down with his wife. Everyone looked like they were having lots of fun.

xxx

The cameras zoomed in a great distance to see Dwight meandering over to a far table. “Hello Angela,” Dwight greeted her as he sat down next to her. “Did you enjoy your cake?”

“It was too moist for me,” she replied as she stared at him intensely. “But… I could go for some, cookie.”

Dwight glanced at the dance floor at Andy making a fool of himself, and then turned back to his blonde beauty, “I think there are some cookies in the groom’s quarters down the hall…”

“Maybe I will go there in two minutes,” she raised her eyebrow at him, a smile upon her lips, and with that, Dwight stood and immediately made his way out of the reception hall.

xxx

“Michael, would you like to dance?” Pam asked as she approached her boss, who was sitting at his seat finishing off his second piece of cake.

“Really?” he mumbled with his mouth full. Pam nodded her head, looking over at the dance floor and smiling; the camera panned quickly to find Jim dancing with Phyllis. She waved at them and Michael swallowed his food, “Okay.” He got out of his seat and they both walked over to the dance floor just as an acoustic cover of “Time After Time” started. “Is it okay if I touch you?” he asked apprehensively.

“First of all, that’s what she said.” They both chuckled, embarrassed at the joke. “And second, yes you may, but I will smack you if you place your hands anywhere I don’t approve of.”

“Fair enough.” Michael carefully placed his hands on the small of her back and then inquired, “So, is this everything you ever wanted in a wedding?”

“It’s perfect,” she told him. “I mean, even with your outburst in the church and your best man’s speech, it was still great, and Jim and I still ended up married, so...”

He smiled at her, “Well good.”

“Michael—“ Pam added, he face growing more serious, “I did just want to let you know… you were right, about what you said in your speech. You did help inspire me to go after what I wanted… so, thank you.” He stared at her with sincerity in his eyes and then drew her in for a friendly hug. A smile grew on her face as she patted his back.

xxx

“Okay single ladies!” the DJ announced. “Get out on that dance floor, cause it’s time for the bouquet toss!” Kelly, Meredith, Jan, and several other ladies clamored together in a huddle, ready to fight vigorously over the bouquet. Pam stood in front of them, her back turned, and the DJ led the countdown, “Three, two, one, go!” She tossed her bouquet behind her and accidentally a little to her left as the ladies scrambled to catch it. The cameras then zoomed in to see Angela, who was just returning to the reception hall with mussed up hair and a wrinkled dress, being hit right in the face by the bouquet. She looked at the camera, completely stunned, as the guests cheered for her and Andy came running to the scene.

“Look at that! Guess this will be us someday…” he nudged her side, causing her to recoil.

“You’d have to catch the garter,” she corrected him before walking away in a huff. The cameras zoomed in on Andy’s face as he realized his mission, and then panned to Dwight, who had just reentered the hall as well and had a similar expression on his face.

xxx

“I’m SO mad I didn’t catch the bouquet!” Kelly pouted to the camera. “Those things are stupid anyway. Darryl will probably ask me to marry him before Angela ever gets proposed to.”

xxx

“Why was I out there…?” Jan repeated the interviewer’s question. She thought for a moment, “Just participating in the fun… It wouldn’t have been so bad if I had caught it…”

xxx

Michael was standing in the middle of the dance floor, his face barely maintaining composure. He whispered to the camera, “I think you should follow Jim up… up—“ he then had to turn away and burst out laughing. The camera then panned to Jim, who was directly next to him setting up a chair.

“Did that count as an inappropriate comment…?” he wondered out loud as a signal to Michael to stop. Michael took the hint and regained a sense of calm, but then snickered again as soon as Jim walked out of earshot.

xxx

Pam’s face was beet-red as she bit her lip out of embarrassment. The cameras zoomed out to show her sitting in the chair on the dance floor, staring attentively at her husband as he slowly reached his hand up her dress to get the garter. “No detours,” she told him harshly as she tried her best not to giggle.

“I will be like Indiana Jones,” he assured her. “Just getting the gold and getting out.”

“Yeah right…” she snickered, hitting his hand through the satin of her dress. “What did I say!” she cried as Jim stifled a laugh and pulled the garter from her leg. The camera panned to all the single men, hollering and cheering, and then back to the couple. “I hate you,” she told him sarcastically as he leaned in for a kiss, to which she happily obliged.

“Let it fly!” Darryl shouted, and so Jim shot the garter into the crowd of single men like a slingshot. After much grappling, the garter ended up being pulled in two directions: in one way by Andy and in the other way by Dwight.

“Come on Dwight! You don’t even have a girlfriend!” Andy shouted at him as he struggled with all his might to hold on to the band of lace and elastic.

Dwight pulled on the garter and retorted, “I still won it! It’s mine, Bernard!” Then, to everyone’s surprise, Angela came marching over and tickled Andy in the ribs, causing him to let go of the garter and both men to go stumbling backwards.

Dwight held it up triumphantly as Andy regained his footing and shouted, “What did you do that for, woman? I was winning it for you!”

“I didn’t want you to win it for me.” She took a deep breath and confessed to him, “The truth is, I have been seeing Dwight secretly for the past few months now, and I have come to the decision that I don’t want to see you anymore, I want to see him.” The camera panned around the reception hall and showed all the Dunder Mifflin employees wearing stunned faces.

xxx

“I’ve always suspected it,” Creed nodded to the camera. “Wait, Andrea’s the one that gives out the money, right?”

xxx

Phyllis and Pam exchanged a judgmental glance, then Pam turned to the camera: “We’ll see if she wears white to her wedding…”

xxx

Andy stood there, slack-jawed at Angela’s confession, as she and Dwight walked out of the reception hall together, hand-in-hand. He then came out of his shocked trance and looked around at his coworkers with a humiliated expression that was only matched by the expression he wore when he had punched a hole in a wall. “Well,” he said as he tried to save his dignity, “That was weird… But don’t you worry about ol’ Andy Bernard! There are other fish in the sea… look at the two tunas!” He gestured to the newlyweds, who looked mortified for him.

xxx

“I’ll be fine,” Andy reassured the cameras. “A Bernard always bounces back. When I was at Cornell, I got dumped by my girlfriend of three years, and that night I was at a party getting it on with some other chick…” He nodded to himself and then remembered, “Of course, in that situation I was cheating on her…”

xxx

The cameras found Dwight and Angela in the parking lot, who were walking to their cars. The cameras hid and zoomed in on the couple as Dwight turned to her, “So Monkey, you caught the bouquet, I caught the garter… Do you think we really will be the next to marry?”

She looked up at him thoughtfully and they stared at each other for a moment. Then she smiled, “It’s hard to say, D, but I’m hopeful.”
Chapter End Notes:
Yay! And then they went and got them back together on the show anyway.

Reviews in my inbox make me a happy panda!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans