- Text Size +
“Alright,” the DJ announced, trying to return the reception to normal after Angela’s confession, “This is the last dance, so grab that special someone and get out on the dance floor!” Several couples got up and began to dance as “Fly Me To The Moon” by Frank Sinatra came over the speakers. The camera panned around as they saw some couples dancing slowly, while others tried to swing dance a bit by spinning their partners. But then the camera rested on Phyllis and Bob, who danced like they obviously knew what they were doing. Before long, a small circle formed around them and cheered them on.

xxx

“Bobby and I took swing dancing lessons together,” Phyllis smiled at the camera. “I don’t want to boast, but we’re very good.”

xxx

The song ended and the DJ gave the notice that it was time to see the happy couple off, so everyone began to crowd the doors to wave their goodbyes. The newlyweds pushed their way through the crowd, stopping to hug friends and family along the way, and then finally made it to a black limousine waiting outside. They got in carefully, and then heard the shouts of Michael’s voice just as Jim was about to close the door:

“Wait! Woah, woah, wait a second!” he caught up to the limo and leaned on it, huffing and puffing from having to run.

“What is it Michael?” Jim asked.

“I just wanted to be the last one to say goodbye,” he panted. “So, let me just get in here…” He then proceeded to lean into the car to give out hugs, much to Jim and Pam’s objection:

“Stop! You’re going to fall in!”

“Michael! What did the contract say about following us into the car!?”

Michael squeezed each of them tightly and sighed, “Don’t worry about it. The wedding’s over anyway, so don’t get your panties in a twist. Oh! That reminds me—“ The camera zoomed in on him as he fished into one of his pockets and pulled out a handful of small, flat packages. “I know you guys are married now, so a little baby wouldn’t be such a bad thing, but ya know? Sometimes, you gots to get it on without any worries…” He dumped them into Jim’s hands and pointed to a black package in the handful, “That one is Jan’s favorite.”

“Michael!” they heard Jan shout from behind him as the camera zoomed back out to see her standing there. “You’ve tortured them enough for one day, now leave them be.”

“Fine,” he mumbled and stepped back from the vehicle, joining Jan and the rest of the guests. They all waved goodbye and the limo sped off, leaving the guests to slowly disperse. As Jan and Michael walked to their car, she unexpectedly stopped in her tracks and pulled him in for a long, passionate kiss. The cameras zoomed in a great distance on them, and as they pulled away Michael questioned, “What was that for?”

“No reason,” she replied as she started to walk away and then turned back. “Didn’t you enjoy it?”

Michael stammered, “Well, of course I did—“

She raised an eyebrow at him, “Then let’s go home and I can give you a lot more of that. We can have a little honeymoon of our own…”

“Last one there is a rotten egg!” Michael shouted as he took off for the car, a gigantic smile on his face.

xxx

Inside the limo, Jim had popped a bottle of champagne, and both were holding their glasses carefully as the limo drove down the highway. He toasted, “Hawaii, here we come!” and they clinked glasses.

“So where are we staying?” Pam inquired with a tone that implied that she hadn’t been involved in any planning.

“It’s called the Lae Nani resort, and it’s on one of the smaller islands, Kauai,” he told her as they sipped slowly. “It’s right on the beach, so you can spend the whole time building sandcastles if you want.”

“You know I’m a sandcastle-building master, don’t you?”

“Oh really?”

She smiled coyly at him, “Yep! So watch what you promise, Halpert, cause I just might spend our entire honeymoon on the beach…”

“Don’t worry, Halpert,” he retorted back to her, causing a fit of giggles. “If you’re on the beach building sandcastles, then I’ll be right there with you protecting the castle from waves.”

“My hero,” she laughed as she put her arms around him.

“Oh!” he exclaimed as he reached into his pocket. “I forgot something—“

“What is it? Someone you forgot to say goodbye to?”

“Kind of…” He got out his cell phone and began to dial.

xxx

The cameras focused on a window of a nine-bedroom farmhouse where a light had just been turned on. They could hear a male voice answer hesitantly, “Jim?”

xxx

“Hey, Dwight,” Jim said into the phone as he gave a look to the camera. “I just wanted to let you know that the week I’m picking to be your personal servant is this week, but I’ll be out of town on my honeymoon for the whole week, so I guess that contract is void…”

xxx

“That’s not how the contract works!” the camera could hear Dwight talking boisterously from his room as a female voice complained to him about being on the phone while he had company. He whispered loudly, “Monkey, not now. This is important—Jim, you can’t pick the week you’re my servant. I do that—“

xxx

Jim tilted his head to the side with skepticism as he looked down at a piece of paper now in his hands, “I’d look over that contract again, buddy, cause I’m looking at my copy, and it says, ‘the party of the first part will pick the week to be the servant to the party of the second part, and if he is unavailable at this time, then the contract is considered voi—‘“

“Yes but I’m the party of the first part!” the camera picked up Dwight’s voice from Jim’s phone as he shook his head.

“Are you sure about that?”

xxx

The cameras could now see a silhouette of Dwight in the window as he looked over his contract. He found the passage Jim was referring to and then, full of rage, he crumpled the paper up and threw it on the ground. “Dammit, Jim! You have done some pretty underhanded things in your time, but this has to be the most—“

xxx

“Whoops,” Jim murmured as he ‘accidentally’ closed the cell phone. “Oh well.” He put his phone away and picked up his champagne glass, clinking it with his wife and snuggling into her embrace as the limo approached the airport.
Chapter End Notes:
That's the end folks! Hope you enjoyed it. Thanks especially to my readers who were kind enough to review multiple times, Jewelsy and dentalhydraplostion; I loved hearing from you guys!!


Dundie All-Star is the author of 6 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 8 members. Members who liked Jellybeans and Wedding Bells also liked 1378 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans